From your experience with Android and iOS

Which of them has better app experience in terms of functionality and integration with the OS?

I'm thinking to have a backup device, price is not an issue, but I want it solely for apps. Discovering new cool apps, and transfer my Instagram, Viber from my Z30 to this new phone
    03-04-15 07:41 AM
    In terms of functionality with the OS? I'd really have to say iOS.

No explanations from me. Just personal experience.
    03-04-15 07:42 AM
    Good idea, as I am also facing lot of issues in z30 while using Viber and Tango, I came from IOS and tried last two month android as well but iOs is far better than android due to its 99.9% work ability compared with android. I am also planning for secondary phone for apps. Because the BlackBerry is best only for email system, rest others functions are not at all up to the mark.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:45 AM
    That's 2 votes for iOS lol as expected..
    03-04-15 07:47 AM
    Android for me

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Q10
    03-04-15 07:48 AM
    Android allows functionality that IOS cannot duplicate due to restrictions of the OS.

IOS has a much more polished software experience. Better quality apps and way more of them.

!
    03-04-15 07:50 AM
    Android allows functionality that IOS cannot duplicate due to restrictions of the OS.

IOS has a much more polished software experience. Better quality apps and way more of them.

!
    Exactly this.

Android can outperform iOS when it comes to convenience because the software allows for features to be live even when the app isn't in your face.

iOS on the other hand does seem to have a lot of app restrictions, but in terms of performance is more fluid and all-around good quality.
    03-04-15 07:59 AM
    could you please elaborate on this point? any example of those restrictions?
    03-04-15 08:03 AM
    could you please elaborate on this point? any example of those restrictions?
    Well if I may, for one thing, Viber doesn't allow for replying from outside the app. On Android, if you get a Viber message, a window pops up on your phone no matter what you're on.

Another example would be Facebook. On iOS, when opening Facebook chats, there are these circles of each chat window, but you have to be in the app to see them. On Android on the other hand, these circles that open the chat boxes follow you throughout whatever you do.

This kind of stuff. Android allows developers to be able to integrate features that run through the OS.
    menshawy likes this.
    03-04-15 08:08 AM
    Well if I may, for one thing, Viber doesn't allow for replying from outside the app. On Android, if you get a Viber message, a window pops up on your phone no matter what you're on.

Another example would be Facebook. On iOS, when opening Facebook chats, there are these circles of each chat window, but you have to be in the app to see them. On Android on the other hand, these circles that open the chat boxes follow you throughout whatever you do.

This kind of stuff. Android allows developers to be able to integrate features that run through the OS.
    I get it now.. Thank you very much
    03-04-15 08:20 AM