I am giving the Android-Berry a chance and I still HATE it. The people on here are the finest on the planet for helping me but this slick toy is just not what I need I guess. I have a few more days with it before I will do the big wipe and be able to return it without taking a big financial hit. I am missing my Classic and BBOS 10 something fierce and have never felt this way when changing devices before. Faster browsing is not making up for it either. Don't even get me started on how creepy the Google factor is to boot. Am I alone?
    anon(8679041) and nuffznuff like this.
    09-28-17 05:08 PM
    What BB10 phone are you going to buy? Most of them are at least 2 years old.

Not very likely that anything like BB10 will appear.
    09-28-17 05:11 PM
    I have a couple Classics in a drawer. I gave them the latest/last update and will just hope the batteries dont rot away I suppose. It's not a perfect plan, but it's all I got for now.
    09-28-17 05:13 PM
    They bring back BB10 and I'll put a data plan back on my Passport so fast (instead of having it as a backup)

Posted via CB10
    09-28-17 05:29 PM
    If you insist that any other phone MUST be like BB10, then, yeah, you're going to hate it. You're not really giving it a chance either, because you've already decided that it will be a failure for you.

As Denise said, what is your alternative? BB10 is dead, BB10 devices are old and getting older every day, and no new BB10 devices will ever come. Either you can manage to make due with BB10 and its limitations (which are growing daily) and buy enough devices and parts to keep going until too many other outside changes FORCE you to switch, or you can switch now, be uncomfortable for a month until you adjust, and enjoy modern devices and a full ecosystem.

You're going to switch eventually no matter what - the only question are "when?" and "how much will I suffer before I switch?" Only you can answer those questions, of course, and they're different for every user, but the clock keeps ticking.
    duncan86 and pale_face like this.
    09-28-17 05:33 PM
    I'm still with BB10 but it is what it is. There is no 'hope' for it... it gets more and more difficult as different 'pieces' stop working or require additional workarounds (which also could, at any point, stop working).

I am going to continue to use it for as long as I can. But there is no denying that it is less enjoyable of an experience than it once was.
    09-28-17 05:37 PM
    We don't know when the next Android phone with a keyboard will come along, or even if there will be another one.

Now is probably your best opportunity to switch from the Classic to an Android phone with a keyboard.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-28-17 06:07 PM
    didn't look like. but who knows. CNBC reporter mentioned 13% jump of stock and radar wonderful, but end up with "give us device" by waving a Priv... TCL/BBM, should send a K1 to those guys before the earning report (Sure John Chen can pay it from his marketing money)... Chen and his boss didn't listen to Users as much as to analysts and reporters... you wish might be come true (50/50 chance). didn't look like any of those guys aware of K1. what a lost of oppotuniety for free marketing...
    09-28-17 06:49 PM
    didn't look like. but who knows. CNBC reporter mentioned 13% jump of stock and radar wonderful, but end up with "give us device" by waving a Priv... TCL/BBM, should send a K1 to those guys before the earning report (Sure John Chen can pay it from his marketing money)... Chen and his boss didn't listen to Users as much as to analysts and reporters... you wish might be come true (50/50 chance). didn't look like any of those guys aware of K1. what a lost of oppotuniety for free marketing...
    I think the financial results are showing that Chen made the right choice.
    09-28-17 07:09 PM
    In spite of how much people blame Chen, he did what he had to do to avoid bankruptcy.
    09-28-17 07:14 PM
    OP you're not alone, I still love BB10 and I don't plan on switching nor do I need anyone to explain to me that I will one day have to switch. I realize that I will have to move to another os but until that day I will continue loving my BlackBerry Silver Edition Passport and BlackBerry Classic!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-17 07:36 PM
    I still love BB10. I have a KEYone now, but still.use my z10 80% of the time.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    09-28-17 08:54 PM
    Chen not mention AI worrys me. EU got leg start on it with china implementation as test bed. hopefully he is on the fast track before the AI game change occur. He still need 15-24 month... that is 1 generation (18 month) in electronic time table. As for right choice of exit hardware, agree it is right one with the crappy legal dept/marketing at the time. But with strong back bone legal (qualcomm) and server farm upgrade, it could have a chance like Ruko... BB got most of pieces, if canadian gov not block purchasing of Nortel assets... glory belong to Canada...(but Canadian gov never want that... just want to be modest ... avro arrow story rings a bell - the irony is many BB fan or ex-rimer are avro arrow's worshipers).
    09-28-17 08:54 PM
    check QTEC and ID Quantique... or something like that... BB better have something in Chen's sleeve... or rabit in his hat...
    09-28-17 09:45 PM
    I think the financial results are showing that Chen made the right choice.
    How many people thought BlackBerry would exist in time to post Q2 2018 filings at the time Chen came in?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-28-17 09:48 PM
    I have to say that bb10 is without question the best system EVER. I have the keyone and dtek 60. Great phones but not a patch on bb10. I have the passport SE in a drawer along with the Leap. Z10, Z30 and many other models. We can hope that the bb10 or another incarnation will come back. I would like to have stayed with bb10 but sadly I need WhatsApp, and of course updates.
    09-30-17 03:08 AM
    I have to say that bb10 is without question the best system EVER. I have the keyone and dtek 60. Great phones but not a patch on bb10. I have the passport SE in a drawer along with the Leap. Z10, Z30 and many other models. We can hope that the bb10 or another incarnation will come back. I would like to have stayed with bb10 but sadly I need WhatsApp, and of course updates.
    It is not the best because there are no apps. Today phone os without developers support is worthless.
    09-30-17 05:52 AM
    Functional Fixation - Getting stuck on how it does something rather than what it does. Do you really think the rest of the smartphone-using world doesn't know what it's doing while you do? Of course, nothing is going to come along because there's no reason for anything to else to come along.
    09-30-17 06:05 AM
    Yea, always liked the file system and abundance of settings and secrets.

Posted via CB10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    09-30-17 06:18 AM
    that ship has sailed and sunk
    09-30-17 06:19 AM
    I'm still with BB10 but it is what it is. There is no 'hope' for it... it gets more and more difficult as different 'pieces' stop working or require additional workarounds (which also could, at any point, stop working).

I am going to continue to use it for as long as I can. But there is no denying that it is less enjoyable of an experience than it once was.
    This is what got me to switch. Sick of having to do workarounds, not having workarounds to everything.

The KEYone has me feeling liberated, a fully functional BlackBerry again.

Posted with my BlackBerry KEYone.
    glwerry likes this.
    09-30-17 06:34 AM
    Just would like another form factor Classic. I have use Iphone 5, 5se, 6+, and 7. Kept coming back to the Classic. Now have the Keyone and still not quite sold on it. If Otterbox made a case for it maybe?
    09-30-17 08:02 AM
    A small change in websites is taking place. They are all becoming adaptive Web sites, meaning they adapt to what device you have. If every Web site was this way we would not need Apps. BB10 would work perfectly....?
    09-30-17 08:17 AM
    A small change in websites is taking place. They are all becoming adaptive Web sites, meaning they adapt to what device you have. If every Web site was this way we would not need Apps. BB10 would work perfectly....?
    If the browser was updated to keep up, which it isn't.
    09-30-17 08:25 AM
    The browser is a mess! You can't even read it as it is so small.
    The 10 was great. I miss it on Android. It was easy to adjust things and do all you wanted to do.
    09-30-17 08:34 AM
61 123