Brace yourselves for a long story. This was for a Slate Key2 LE from Best Buy with the Verizon-ready version.

Last Saturday, I got my LE, and went to Verizon for a new sim as my Priv's sim was over 2 years old.

I popped it in, and the phone activated without a hitch. I made an hour-long call, navigated, and texted. Only issue was receiving MMS on the Signal app. I could send MMS just fine, and receive them fine as well on other messaging apps.

Following various advice, I did a full reset of the phone. After that, the LE wouldn't connect AT ALL to Verizon. Oddly enough, the sim card worked just fine in my old phone.

on Sunday, I spent two hours with chat, and they said they approved the IMEIs, and it was showing the phone was activated on their end. I could still do wifi, but not connect to Verizon's network. The LE wasn't even able to detect/set VZW.

After that, I also couldn't receive MMS via Signal to my old phone.

Two more hours on Monday at a Verizon store and three sim cards later, we still couldn't get the LE to activate, and the rep even called tech support to resolve both issues. The conclusions: it was dud of an LE, and Signal was at fault for the MMS receiving issue since MMS came through on other SMS/MMS apps.

Hearing that annoyed me, not only because the LE worked fine before the factory reset, but also because other people have mentioned texting issues once with Verizon (I recall a Yaata and Textra issue that sounded similar).

Should I just get a new LE and try again? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    04-04-19 11:12 AM
    Might find some suggestions here - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...rizon-1167854/
    04-04-19 03:29 PM
    I got my activated on Verizon and they see it on their network. Can't send text. I receive no problem but can't send. Purchased at local Wal-Mart. If you search Wal-Mart store and .com you get nothing but it's on the shelf. Says it works on Verizon.
    08-31-19 01:38 PM
    I got my activated on Verizon and they see it on their network. Can't send text. I receive no problem but can't send. Purchased at local Wal-Mart. If you search Wal-Mart store and .com you get nothing but it's on the shelf. Says it works on Verizon.
    The LE is certified for VZW as they also sell the same version carrier branded in their business division. The issue that affects device is supposedly using SIM from CDMA device or the previous hardware on line being CDMA device.

The fix is supposed to be a new SIM card regardless and provisioning new device in SIM activation with ”CDMAless” status. That’s a term many forum members have used here. Not sure if that’s formal VZW term.
    baspeed likes this.
    08-31-19 06:47 PM
    The LE is certified for VZW as they also sell the same version carrier branded in their business division. The issue that affects device is supposedly using SIM from CDMA device or the previous hardware on line being CDMA device.

The fix is supposed to be a new SIM card regardless and provisioning new device in SIM activation with ”CDMAless” status. That’s a term many forum members have used here. Not sure 🤔 if that’s formal VZW term.
    New SIM from the Verizon wireless store fixed the text issue. Thanks for your reply. This is model BlackBerry bbe100-5 unlocked at Wal-Mart. When changing to new SIM mine booted up and said AT&T before it Saud Verizon.

I think I need the key2 for its active keyboard so I can swipe up like on my Priv. Anyone know what key2 model works on Verizon?
    09-18-19 06:21 PM