Fell out of my back pocket sitting on my Kids stool that stands less then a foot from the floor. I was scared of a scratch but was SHOCKED to see a cracked screen.
    Attached Thumbnails anyone else notice that the KEYtwo screen is super brittle ?-19003.jpg  
    09-06-18 02:38 PM
    It's GG3 (2013)...

Which is almost as good as GG5 against scratches, but no where close against fractures....
    09-06-18 02:52 PM
    Any fall or drop in the right spot is enough to blow out a display, doesn't matter what type of glass is in there.
    09-06-18 03:25 PM
    Any fall or drop in the right spot is enough to blow out a display, doesn't matter what type of glass is in there.
    It's have NEVER happen to me or anyone that I have asked . Have u seen it before? I am yet to find a video of it happening from 11" on a wooden floor.
    09-06-18 06:50 PM
    2013 glass really ? Disappointed big time
    09-06-18 06:51 PM
    2013 glass really ? Disappointed big time
    You think the year of glass matters? lol There's an argument to be made newer is always better but even according to GG, GG4 can withstand breakage of a 1 meter drop only 80% of the time. Each version of Gorilla Glass has different focus points of what they wanted to achieve.

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/what...t-is-25d-glass

Some GG is chosen because of its weight, scratch resistance while another version might be chosen because it's flexibility and impact resistance for example.

You broke your phone and you broke it in a manner in which you think it shouldn't have broke, and you're mad about it, I get it.. but it just comes down to plain science man.

https://www.livescience.com/62607-sc...e-screens.html

It hit the right spot, in the right angle and it blew out. Would different glass have saved it? Maybe, but you don't know that. I don't know that. No one would know that and to say otherwise is just silly. It is what it is.

PS: The Classic, Passport both used GG3 as well while the Priv used GG4 and I'm sure if you go looking you'll find both ends of the breakage spectrum. Those who beat the crap out of their phones and never broke, and those who dropped it off their coffee table or similar and it shattered.
    09-06-18 06:56 PM
    Blaze I get it but what u said was a fall from 1 meter. which is 3 feet. the phone fell at 11 inchs. I think it's safe to say a stronger glass would hold up. I have had all the phones u have mentioned and they have actually Fallin from my hand at a respectable height. I would take full responsibility if I had broken the screen but this is ridiculous. I understand to a point but still very disappointed and I feel they need stronger glass because I have dropped all my BlackBerrys and this never happened. I would love to see drop off test.... what they don't do that anymore?
    09-06-18 08:35 PM
    Blaze I get it but what u said was a fall from 1 meter. which is 3 feet. the phone fell at 11 inchs. I think it's safe to say a stronger glass would hold up. I have had all the phones u have mentioned and they have actually Fallin from my hand at a respectable height. I would take full responsibility if I had broken the screen but this is ridiculous. I understand to a point but still very disappointed and I feel they need stronger glass because I have dropped all my BlackBerrys and this never happened. I would love to see drop off test.... what they don't do that anymore?
    I think in one of Kevin's video he did a drop....

Doing real drop test would require multiple devices... and really wouldn't tell you all that much. Too many variable like weight distribution, orientation, surfaces... My Z10 survived a drop on a tile floor off a 12' ladder, but there were plenty of shattered Z10 that fell from pocket height too.

Sorry for your loss....
    09-07-18 08:39 AM
    It's so ignorant to think that because you never broke a screen before, that when it does happen, it can't be you...

Yes height is ONE factor.... You still dropped it... Being disappointed is fine, but thinking "it's impossible to be me" is ridiculous
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-07-18 10:42 AM
    I was surprised to see that KeyOne uses GG4 while KeyTwo uses GG3. I had no luck with KeyOne's screen but my Passport was fine. Hopefully my KeyTwo will fair better, too.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-18 06:47 PM