I know that Blackberry is gold stantdard for goverment and big enterprises and never compromise for security. BBM messenger, PIN message, secusmart really great.

I am using Blackberry Z10 for my personal. So i dont have BES server. no nothing. just BB z10 mobile

1. According to bb10 for personal S/MIME email certificate wont support
    2. GPS says thats they can track even we turn off

Can u tell me how secure for home user who dont use BES or BIS service.
    09-11-14 05:51 AM
    Normal email should already be encrypted without BES. To check, go into Hub, settings, email accounts, click one, settings, encryption. There will be choices there dependant on the OS you are using.

In regards to point 2, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Blackberry Protect will track you device if you have activated it & kept it on. It needs a wireless signature to work.
    09-11-14 07:28 AM
    Blackberry protect feature also available in andriod and ios. Are blackberry also same as other phones.
    How secure for a commoner who never use BES or BIS service.
    09-12-14 05:03 AM
    .... at bb10 is no support for end to end encryption, no S/MIME support, it's a big deficit in my opinio. IOS & Android support this native at the system.

Posted by myself
    10-12-14 02:04 PM
    Unless you run your own BlackBerry Enterprise Service in-house there is no guarantee of secure communications between your smartphone and the server. The latest generation of forensic software can decrypt the contents of a BlackBerry 10 smartphone and even brute force a device password in minimal time. Assume the government is monitoring all traffic.
    10-12-14 02:13 PM
    Well if you are using BBM, then communications via your BBM is encrypted the same way that your credit card is when it is being used. Other than that I'm not sure.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:28 PM
    First: BBM is not secure. It has never been that. Reason: All devices uses the same encryption key.

One of the key features of a BlackBerry 10 device is the security design of the OS. It has been designed to be as resilient as possible against (root) exploits.

Any device uses a number of different communication paths. Data flowing via any of these are called "data in transit".

Data stored on the device is called data at rest. These can be encrypted if you manually enable encryption and select a strong password. The password is used to protect the encryption key so selecting a complex password will make it hard to discover the encryption key.

Activating a BlackBerry device BES will result in the following:

* BlackBerry Balance will be enabled. Technically the device will create a folder called 1001 which is encrypted and used for the work partition.

* A password has to be entered to protect the encryption key for work.

* A secure communication path is available between the device and the BES server. The traffic is EAS encrypted. Via this path you can synchronize with your Exchange server or other supported mail systems and get access to files and Web servers on the LAN.

* Other profiles can be applied like Wifi, VPN, certificates etc.

* Data from the work partition can not be copied to the personal space.

* In the work partition only the BES admin can install apps. This helps protect malicious apps to gain access to work data.

Data in transit between the BlackBerry 10 device and anything other than the BES server nay or may not be secure. This depends on the protocols used, so no definitive answer can be given without knowledge of the target server. In this regard, BlackBerry us not different from any other device on the market.
    Last edited by jpvj; 10-12-14 at 06:37 PM.
    10-12-14 06:26 PM
    Don't forget BlackBerry guardian

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 07:02 PM
    @qwerty4ever

What is the name of the forensic software you have mentioned?
    10-12-14 07:09 PM