Hi
    Since recently I've been having problems with the spacebar key in my Key2 LE. It's barely not working. I was already thinking to disassemble it in hope that I would be able to clean the key and make it work again. But now a simpler solution came to my mind. I have Buttons Remapper app on my phone which can remap any key to any other function (like starting an app for example). So I tried to remap Speed Key to make it work as spacebar. However it appears that remapping one physical key to another requires rooting. And rooting seems to be impossible on Key (and risky in any case). Maybe somebody knows of another way to remap a key to spacebar, apart from Buttons Remapper, that does not require root?
    10-25-21 09:22 AM
    Hi
    Since recently I've been having problems with the spacebar key in my Key2 LE. It's barely not working. I was already thinking to disassemble it in hope that I would be able to clean the key and make it work again. But now a simpler solution came to my mind. I have Buttons Remapper app on my phone which can remap any key to any other function (like starting an app for example). So I tried to remap Speed Key to make it work as spacebar. However it appears that remapping one physical key to another requires rooting. And rooting seems to be impossible on Key (and risky in any case). Maybe somebody knows of another way to remap a key to spacebar, apart from Buttons Remapper, that does not require root?
    If a can of air didn't fix it...

You can use the software keyboard by tapping the "SYM" key, or order a replacement keyboard.

Users have been looking of solutions going back to the KEYone for the failed spacebar.... think it was a bad move integrating the fingerprint into it.
    10-25-21 12:14 PM
    think it was a bad move integrating the fingerprint into it.
    Terrible move indeed. they hold have mounted the thing on the power button.
    If that was too difficult, then on the back.
    10-25-21 05:43 PM
    Hi
    look for a replacement keyboard assembly on AliExpress
    10-25-21 05:43 PM
    look for a replacement keyboard assembly on AliExpress
    Can one trust such products on AliExpress? I never bought anything from them.
    Still remapping the spacebar key, if possible, seems to be the easiest solution. If not possible then buying a replacement keyboard should be so only way out.
    10-26-21 03:01 AM
    Still remapping the spacebar key, if possible, seems to be the easiest solution. If not possible then buying a replacement keyboard should be so only way out.
    I've ordered a spare KEY2 keyboard from there and it arrived fine after like two weeks.

I wouldn't order an expensive phone from there but an accessory or spare part, sure.

And about the KEY2, right now it's the cheapest place to find one, two sellers have them in the $450 range.
    10-26-21 08:19 AM
    If you don't trust it here's another supplier that I use regularly.

https://www.skystartrade.com/product...Layout/1009875
    10-26-21 09:28 AM