I purchased a locked AT&T Keyone Black Edition on ebay, brand new and I have am having a hard time unlocking it. AT&T won't allow me to unlock, and the previous owner tried to have it unlocked as well and they are claiming that to unlock it would be fraud? I have no idea what that even means! I tried Blackberrycodesource and I haven't heard back from them either. Does anyone have any suggestions before I return this beauty?
    01-06-18 07:48 PM
    I purchased a locked AT&T Keyone Black Edition on ebay, brand new and I have am having a hard time unlocking it. AT&T won't allow me to unlock, and the previous owner tried to have it unlocked as well and they are claiming that to unlock it would be fraud? I have no idea what that even means! I tried Blackberrycodesource and I haven't heard back from them either. Does anyone have any suggestions before I return this beauty?
    Why isn't AT&T unlocking it? What is the specific reason?
    01-06-18 07:51 PM
    If it is locked, you should immediately file with ebay for a refund.

Be careful about buying phones on ebay. You might lose your money.
    01-07-18 12:48 AM
    It could be that the seller reported the phone as lost, and the insurance paid it off. Then, selling it to you is the fraud.... insurance fraud.
    01-07-18 12:50 AM
    Why isn't AT&T unlocking it? What is the specific reason?
    When I attempted to do it online, the error message said that the phone did not belong to AT&T, but it has an AT&T sim card in it and when it's powered on the AT&T music comes on

I tried calling AT&T and was told they do not have the unlock codes and I would have to contact Blackberry. Blackberry no longer offers customer support

I called AT&T again and after providing IMEI and email info I got an email back saying they could not unlock due to fraud,

I contacted the seller and the seller contacted AT&T and AT&T told her that unlocking the phone so that I could use it with T-Mobile would be fraud.

I don't even understand what that all means.

The seller has no problem with allowing me to return the item, but I just want to check all bases before returning.
    01-07-18 12:18 PM
    When I attempted to do it online, the error message said that the phone did not belong to AT&T, but it has an AT&T sim card in it and when it's powered on the AT&T music comes on

I tried calling AT&T and was told they do not have the unlock codes and I would have to contact Blackberry. Blackberry no longer offers customer support

I called AT&T again and after providing IMEI and email info I got an email back saying they could not unlock due to fraud,

I contacted the seller and the seller contacted AT&T and AT&T told her that unlocking the phone so that I could use it with T-Mobile would be fraud.

I don't even understand what that all means.

The seller has no problem with allowing me to return the item, but I just want to check all bases before returning.
    Just return the phone, there's obviously a problem. Just get all your money back.
    01-07-18 12:36 PM
    Sounds like phone was being paid for on "time", and the original owner stopped... paying.
    01-07-18 02:13 PM
    agreed, get full refund immediately
    01-07-18 03:07 PM
    Did you unlock it??

Posted via CB10
    10-30-18 01:22 PM