Hi all,

So, like many of you, I'm disappointed that BB10 is obviously no longer going to be developed in any significant way now that Android has been chosen as the OS of preference moving forward.

So here's my question:

Are there any exceptionally talented former or current BlackBerry Programmers out there that would be interested in continuing to upgrade our BlackBerry 10 phones after BlackBerry gives up on us? Specifically, is anyone out there in the Bb10 CrackBerry community actually capable of upgrading and optimizing the Android player to newer or even the latest versions? Or how about programming the dark Hub that so many ppl want to see?

I for one would be very happy to pay for these upgrades to support the dev/programmer who would release them! It would almost be like an underground movement to keep the best OS on the market alive and kicking for us who just don't want to give it up.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10 
    04-09-16 08:08 PM
    Given the much vaunted security of the platform, BlackBerry has designed BB10 devices such that they can only load system software with the right signatures and verifications supplied by themselves and only themselves. Furthermore, fixing stuff like the Android player would require BlackBerry to release the source code in order for any meaningful change to be effected, which is highly unlikely. Lastly, coming from experience here, I really doubt the CB community can or will pony up enough money to convince the legion of fired BB10 devs to work on a community project.

In effect, your idea is dead in the water.
    04-09-16 08:59 PM
    Hi all,

So, like many of you, I'm disappointed that BB10 is obviously no longer going to be developed in any significant way now that Android has been chosen as the OS of preference moving forward.

So here's my question:

Are there any exceptionally talented former or current BlackBerry Programmers out there that would be interested in continuing to upgrade our BlackBerry 10 phones after BlackBerry gives up on us? Specifically, is anyone out there in the Bb10 CrackBerry community actually capable of upgrading and optimizing the Android player to newer or even the latest versions? Or how about programming the dark Hub that so many ppl want to see?

I for one would be very happy to pay for these upgrades to support the dev/programmer who would release them! It would almost be like an underground movement to keep the best OS on the market alive and kicking for us who just don't want to give it up.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10 
    Vote for our cobalt

Posted Via Q10 10.3.2.2836
    04-10-16 12:02 AM
    Blackberry will not open source the code, like someone has already mention and therefore this idea is dead in the water even if you can line up developers willing to work on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 12:47 AM