Good day to everybody

In order to have a quick replacement for my key 2 in case it should have failures through the lockdown, I was considering to restart the Blackberry Aurora I had before. As the Aurora is without nfc, I would like to know if I can save the payment function via installing a microsd with a nfc chip on it. Thanks in advance to anyone who might help
    04-11-20 03:06 AM
    Good day to everybody

In order to have a quick replacement for my key 2 in case it should have failures through the lockdown, I was considering to restart the Blackberry Aurora I had before. As the Aurora is without nfc, I would like to know if I can save the payment function via installing a microsd with a nfc chip on it. Thanks in advance to anyone who might help
    Since the Aurora doesn't have NFC, even with the MicroSD having a NFC installed chip, the problem could be that it still won't recognize the device signature from a security perspective
    04-12-20 11:25 AM
    so, it's no way?
    lzmx likes this.
    04-12-20 11:31 AM
    First, an NFC antenna is about 4cm square at a minimum, and many are larger. This is obviously many times larger than a microSD card.

Any MicroSD with an NFC capability out there?-nexus-nfc-antenna.gif

Second, a microSD card is designed for storage. There's no radio in them and no radio capabilities in the card or the inferface. You'd need an NFC radio in the phone to connect to that NFC antenna.

Third, even if there was some kind of third-party solution, it wouldn't allow mobile payments, because phones have to go through testing at the manufacturer level to be certified for mobile payments, which means you'd need a factory system anyway. In theory, you could use a third-party system for, say, reading NFC smart tags or something, or syncing to a BlueTooth speaker, but not for mobile payments. You also can't use mobile payments if you root your phone, or, on Android, if the phone isn't Google Certified.
    04-12-20 01:57 PM
    so, it's no way?
    I can't say for 100% sure, but I don't believe it will pass Google/Android Pay security checks. This is done for the protection of consumers and security features get triggered for things like Android hardware running OS versions that don't match latest updates for device certification. I would spend the money towards a supported inexpensive Android burner or do without the NFC payment option temporarily.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-20 01:57 PM
    Well, thanks a lot, it was a good piece of explanation, I will do what I can if I have to switch
    04-12-20 02:21 PM