I just bought an unlock blackberry bold 9900. Looks like I have OS 7.0. Currently on pre pay with no specific blackberry data plan (I.e. No BB logo on top right hand corner but ONLY 3G and wifi).
    I was thinking if there are any maps that can work? There are lots of paid apps and free versions but I couldn't get them to work.
    Does google map need blackberry data plan as well?

And are there any email apps?

Browser apps that work for gmail and outlook?

And I know it's 2017... lol

Thank you.
    Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
    K
    04-01-17 07:04 PM
    I hope you didn't pay too much, but anyway, here's the main thread for antiquing without BIS: Guide: BlackBerry OS 7 (maybe 6) WITHOUT BIS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

You should get updated too, here's a thread with what to download and how to install it: Latest Official OS for Bold 9900 7.1.0.1098 from Claro Argentina - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    04-01-17 07:32 PM
    I just bought an unlock blackberry bold 9900. Looks like I have OS 7.0. Currently on pre pay with no specific blackberry data plan (I.e. No BB logo on top right hand corner but ONLY 3G and wifi).
    I was thinking if there are any maps that can work? There are lots of paid apps and free versions but I couldn't get them to work.
    Does google map need blackberry data plan as well?

And are there any email apps?

Browser apps that work for gmail and outlook?

And I know it's 2017... lol

Thank you.
    Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
    K
    Regarding the Bold 9900 without BIS thread, the first posts are a little out of date. If you check the last few posts, you'll see that the only free email app known to still be working with SSL is picomail. It works out of the box over cellular data. You need to set up WiFiX to use it over WiFi.

The browser works fine with gmail (nice light mobile view) and is okay with Outlook (desktop view -- lots of panning and zooming in and out).

It appears that NotifySync and AstraSync are still offering subscription-based ActiveSync email services, but I don't know anyone currently using them, so I can't confirm that absolutely.

There's also a working and dead apps thread stickied in the Bold 9900 forum.

If you need more functionality than is possible on a BBOS device without BIS, the Q10 is a nice choice.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 08:17 PM
    There is one great map. You can get it at the gas station made out of paper

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 08:46 PM