Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Love my Leap, esp Keyboard & Hub!!
    08-08-19 01:59 PM
    Probably not.
    08-08-19 02:03 PM
    Based on sales of the Aurora, Motion and Evolve... it wold be tough to imaging one being viable.
    08-08-19 02:32 PM
    Next month as far as I know. It will be on par with the Note 10+.
    08-08-19 02:52 PM
    Or buy the Note 10+, install the Suite of Apps and enjoy three years+ of updates and patches.
    RK_BB and Mecca EL like this.
    08-08-19 03:16 PM
    Stahhp it. You'll get people's hopes up only to crush them.
    RK_BB and Mecca EL like this.
    08-08-19 03:52 PM
    You could just buy any Android all touch and put the BlackBerry keyboard and apps on it.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-19 09:07 PM
    You could just buy any Android all touch and put the BlackBerry keyboard and apps on it.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks but someone posted about year ago that the Android BB hub & KB apps not nearly as good as embedded ones??
    08-09-19 08:00 AM
    Thanks but someone posted about year ago that the Android BB hub & KB apps not nearly as good as embedded ones??
    They are the same thing.... it's just Android.

Only thing with BlackBerry doing it is you get the DTEK App and the Keyboard.... with another Android phone you have to access the keyboard app via other means than Google Play.
    08-09-19 08:19 AM
    What do you mean "access the keyboard app via "other means" than Google Play." Thanks
    08-09-19 08:29 AM
    The Hub isn't quite as, integrated, as you might call it but it pretty much does the same thing.
    As for the keyboard, it actually has a few different features but otherwise is also very close to the same thing.
    At this point if you're looking to upgrade and keep using those apps it's probably your best bet as there isn't any new BB10 hardware on the agenda - or feel free to use your current device for as long as it serves your needs.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-19 08:32 AM
    Checked GPlay store-Has several BB Hub+ apps. Any suggestions for which one is best as most have poor reviews.
    BTW I particularly like the "word flicking" KB function.
    Many thanks Ben xfg
    08-09-19 08:47 AM
    What do you mean "access the keyboard app via "other means" than Google Play." Thanks
    COBALT Nice package that puts it all in one place, without the ads or fees.

But if you want to support them... The HUB+ apps in Google Play should be by BlackBerry Limited.

HUB+ Inbox
    HUB+ Contacts
    HUB+ Services
    HUB+ Calendar
    HUB+ Tasks

Keyboard isn't available outside of BBMo devices for licensing reasons...

Most are four star ratings... but there are some negative reviews. I'd suggest that you try it yourself and judge if it works for you.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 08-09-19 at 09:16 AM.
    08-09-19 08:55 AM
    Checked GPlay store-Has several BB Hub+ apps. Any suggestions for which one is best as most have poor reviews.
    Many thanks Ben xfg
    They are all part of the same suite. You start with Hub Services which is required for it all to work, then the Hub Inbox, Calendar and Contacts all tie in. Notes and Tasks are good additions, but not necessary unless you use them.

If you were asking about BB10 phones (since you mentioned the Leap in the first post), there will never be any new ones. And the Hub on Android will never be as good as it was in BB10. But it works well for what it does.

I'm running it on my S9, and I'm fine with it. Prefer it to any other email client I've tried.

The Keyboard app needs Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager app to be sideload. Otherwise there's no other way to get the keyboard app. I had to put on my Galaxy phone when I first got an S8 a couple years ago. I tried to use the stock keyboard, but after using a Z10 for 4 years at that point, I really missed the word-flick feature. Getting the BlackBerry keyboard on it felt like home again.
    08-09-19 08:58 AM
    Hey rgordon,

TCL (the Chinese company making Android phones under the Blackberry Mobile brand, which they license from Blackberry Limited, the Canadian company which made the Leap and other Blackberry 10 phones) is unlikely to release any touchscreen phones as mentioned elsewhere in this post.

If you don't mind Blackberry 10 as an OS, there's the Z30, which has a slightly faster processor and GPU, as well as USB host capability. If you're looking to go Android though you might want to go with Samsung Galaxy devices, as the only Android device that's a full touchscreen under the Blackberry Mobile brand is the Blackberry Motion, and the Hub experience is from some accounts somewhat lacking compared to BB10.

With that said you can certainly give it a shot if you like.
    08-09-19 02:56 PM
    Thanks TrumpetTiger
    Not sold on Android yet(Still Security issues?). What about Iphone. Are there good Iphone apps for BB10 Hub and KB?
    08-14-19 07:14 AM
    Thanks TrumpetTiger
    Not sold on Android yet(Still Security issues?). What about Iphone. Are there good Iphone apps for BB10 Hub and KB?
    There are no BlackBerry apps for iPhone.
    08-14-19 07:39 AM
    Too bad!! The BB10 hub & KB(with word flick and swipe delete) are incredible functions for a smartphone.
    Can't understand why Samsung and/or Apple don't work with BB to purchase or lease rights to offer to their customers-probably millions would pay for them. Certainly former BB users would pay, and current BB users would probably switch to Iphone or Android. All parties would profit.
    BB would make huge $ selling the rights.
    08-14-19 08:04 AM
    Thanks TrumpetTiger
    There are "still" Security issues with every platform out there.... it's an unending battle.

It's why updates are so important.
    08-14-19 08:12 AM
    Too bad!! The BB10 hub & KB(with word flick and swipe delete) are incredible functions for a smartphone.
    Can't understand why Samsung and/or Apple don't work with BB to purchase or lease rights to offer to their customers-probably millions would pay for them. Certainly former BB users would pay, and current BB users would probably switch to Iphone or Android. All parties would profit.
    BB would make huge $ selling the rights.
    Apple doesn't allow that kind of customisation of its UI.

Nor does it allow 3rd party access to its notification system.
    08-14-19 08:13 AM
    There are "still" Security issues with every platform out there.... it's an unending battle.

It's why updates are so important.
    The larger the attack surface, the more vulnerabilities exist. The typical Android device's attack surface is several orders of magnitude larger than a stock BB10 phone, so it needs constant patching.

Other than the Android Run Time (which no one concerned with security should trust without extensive testing of their exact set of apps), and the web browser (again, too old to be trustworthy) t's not clear that BB10 has the kinds of unpatched vulnerabilities that Android has.

Of course comparing a stock BB10 phone minus the browser and ART to Android O,P, or Q is an apples to oranges comparison, but all those apps and features drastically increase the attack surface and require constant patching.

Since I derive little benefit from the extra capabilities Android offers, I prefer a simpler device with a smaller attack surface and fewer vulnerabilities that require patching.
    08-14-19 08:37 AM
    The larger the attack surface, the more vulnerabilities exist. The typical Android device's attack surface is several orders of magnitude larger than a stock BB10 phone, so it needs constant patching.

Other than the Android Run Time (which no one concerned with security should trust without extensive testing of their exact set of apps), and the web browser (again, too old to be trustworthy) t's not clear that BB10 has the kinds of unpatched vulnerabilities that Android has.

Of course comparing a stock BB10 phone minus the browser and ART to Android O,P, or Q is an apples to oranges comparison, but all those apps and features drastically increase the attack surface and require constant patching.

Since I derive little benefit from the extra capabilities Android offers, I prefer a simpler device with a smaller attack surface and fewer vulnerabilities that require patching.
    You also have to consider what you can do on Android to mitigate such things. A good tracker-blocker and some other common sense practices can actually make Android better than iOS in that regard. It takes knowledge to do that though, so iOS certainly has advantages out-of-the-box.
    08-14-19 08:43 AM