Looking into buying a Passport. Love everything about it, and I am looking to take some time away from the soul sucking social media apps. Is BB10 still supported? Is the phone any good to be used in 2017? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
    10-17-17 01:30 PM
    I use a passport. It is no longer supported but the device works fine and the BlackBerry App store still has many useful apps. Battery is great, outdoor visibility is great, typing is without match, construction is great, sound system is one of the best, etc.

If you're big into apps, however, don't get a passport. For emails, texts, calls, it is superior still. For Clash of Clans or facebook, stick with android.

Research BB10 carefully. Keep in mind BlackBerry no longer supports it, no longer what they say...

Signature: Still typing away on my Passport SE!
    colinnwilliam likes this.
    10-17-17 01:36 PM
    Thank you very much for your reply! I have an iPad, which I keep at home, and that is where I use all of my apps. For my phone, I want to ditch my iPhone for a Passport simply because I'd rather use my phone for emails/calls/text/bbm only. Having numerous notifications for multiple social media platforms all day every day gets quite tiresome!
    10-17-17 01:51 PM
    Even BBM might not work

So call, mail -> great

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 02:32 PM
    If it's throw away money.... go for it.

If it's real money.... don't waste it. BB10 has been out of development for almost three years and is dying, never know what might actually kill it off. Some are able to "get by" with a basic communications device, but there is no guarantee what the future holds. Might be they don't patch this KRACK vulnerability.... I'd wait till they comment on that before I'd buy anything.
    10-17-17 02:59 PM
    Wait for a patch for KRACK! If they don't provide one stay away from Blackberry devices! That's just my advice!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 03:09 PM
    Still using my blackberry passport for email,text watching movies,apps. Tried installing google playstore problems
    10-17-17 08:42 PM
    Well if you're not a heavy app/social media person then you're probably not using WIFI so in that regard the Passport (Silver Edition) is an excellent choice if you love BB10 and want a phone that is different from the crowd.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 09:19 PM