Hi, I'm starting to have some issue with the player because it is draining my battery.
    I found a similar post where it's has been said to disable the use of the app in background when they are reduced to icon, I did it but whether I give a look to the phone status it still uses more than 25%.
    Is there something else that could be done to prevent the battery to be drained in this way when the phone is on my desk without using it and than extend her life?
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 03:16 AM
    First, I'm guessing you're on BB10?

Second, I believe, but not sure, that this drain may have to do with when you have alot of Android apps on the phone. But if they're not running, not sure why it would drain alot of juice.
    05-14-18 03:30 AM
    Yes with BB10 and now it became hot on the right side without using it.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 08:51 AM
    Check Device Monitor

Consider reloading the OS
    05-14-18 10:46 AM

Consider reloading the OS
    In this case I'm going to lose all my data or bblink reload the OS and reset the settings because I tried several time to do a backup of the phone but it doesn't work and the backup process stop after a while

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 02:57 AM
    In this case I'm going to lose all my data or bblink reload the OS and reset the settings because I tried several time to do a backup of the phone but it doesn't work and the backup process stop after a while

Posted via CB10
    There are "other" ways to save your data, or some of it.... when I used BB10 I used Ultimate Backup or Fire Chest's Backup. Both were paid apps, so I don't know if they are available anymore.
    05-15-18 07:31 AM
    Hi, I'm starting to have some issue with the player because it is draining my battery.
    I found a similar post where it's has been said to disable the use of the app in background when they are reduced to icon, I did it but whether I give a look to the phone status it still uses more than 25%.
    Is there something else that could be done to prevent the battery to be drained in this way when the phone is on my desk without using it and than extend her life?
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    When the phone is on your desk not in use how about using battery saver and or turning wifi/data off. Also what % is the android player at when no apps are running with wifi and data also off. For example with only CB in use as of now and no android apps running my android player is showing as under 1 %.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    05-15-18 08:31 AM
    No need to reply Andy I just found on the passport thread that you got it sorted. Glad it's working fine for you now. ;-)

05-15-18 08:55 AM
    No need to reply Andy I just found on the passport thread that you got it sorted. Glad it's working fine for you now. ;-)

The % were always about 25% even with the wifi off and all the apps blocked when icon.
    The issue seemed to be caused by the playstore service and googleid.

Maybe this could help other people with the same issue but I should have solved it forcing the stop of playstore services with task killer and monitor it when I used this it when I upload the app and at the moment run all without any problem. Finger cross ;-)

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 09:21 AM