Is it possible to put Android Widgets on the BB 10 Home screen? If it's not possible, how bout using an Android Home Launcher, and then from there use widgets?
    09-08-14 12:58 PM
    09-08-14 01:03 PM
    Interesting question, I also would like to know the answer from someone who had tried this.
    09-08-14 01:10 PM
    The concept of Widgest is very useful. For example, when I had an Android, I had widgets that allowed me to dial my most frequent contacts, and do other things. IN fact, I was able to place widgets on the Lock screen. Widget allowed me to dial my most frequent contacts with just 1 click and w/o having to enter my phone's password. Other widgets allowed me to enter Emergency information (like my health conditions, alergies, who to contact in case of emergency, etc.). I am very please with the Z30, came back to Blackberry after 3 years. I have had all kinds of phones (BB, iPhone, Android, Windows Phone 8). Like BB 10 the best, but still, miss some of the things I could do on Android. To me widget functionality is very important.
    09-08-14 03:01 PM
    Is it possible to put Android Widgets on the BB 10 Home screen? If it's not possible, how bout using an Android Home Launcher, and then from there use widgets?
    You can use an Android launcher and put widgets there, it'll be like running android inside an app but it'll bug you when you try to start an android app asking you to select what launcher to use BlackBerry10's one or the one you installed

Posted via my Limited Edition Z10.
    Last edited by RedxD; 09-08-14 at 03:43 PM.
    09-08-14 03:04 PM
    No android widgets on the home screen. Might be able to do it with a launcher.. just try it. I would hut I deleted any and all launchers a while ago. They were pointless
    09-08-14 03:04 PM
    You can use an Android launcher and put widgets there, it'll be like running android inside an app but it'll bug you when you try to start an android asking you to select what launcher to use BlackBerry10's one or the one you installed

Posted via my Limited Edition Z10.
    Exactly why I removed mine, haha. Thanks for pointing that out
    09-08-14 03:05 PM
    Tried it, works OK, but doesn't fully integrate into the OS (you need to leave the Home Launcher opened, plus you loose the swipe gestures (like settings, the HUB, etc.). Will leave as is, the OS 10 navigation and launcher is more useful and elegant. Really was looking only for widgets I hope BB eventually adds a similar functionality to OS 10. Thanks to everyone for their advice.
    09-08-14 04:08 PM