One of my friends raised a question.. "why should I choose BlackBerry over Android? My company does not allow work mail on my phone. I have all top popular apps on Android.. and 99% of my friends do not use BBM for messaging"

I have told him about quality OS and lag and How my BlackBerry 10 does all I need
    I have told him about Snap and like app stores but he argued about how bad android apps work on BB.

Any Ideas on how to push an average user like my friend toward BB?
    It seems lack of top apps and gamed is the major concern.

Posted Via CB 10...On my Z10 STL100-3.
    07-18-14 04:04 AM
    OP, i think this is discussed a lot of times... you can find them by searching the posts... still some opinion that i think are: hub, keyboard, bbm..there are so many...

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 04:11 AM
    I wouldn't try to convert him, but you can show how true multitasking work by opening youtube on your browser, watching a music video, minimize the browser and go type and email, music will continue, tell your friend to do that, music will stop.

But the main question is why you want to convert him? It's tuff to convert someone that love his current phone.
    07-18-14 04:27 AM
    ... i second ^^

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 04:36 AM
    Any Ideas on how to push an average user like my friend toward BB?
    Why do you want to make your friend get a Blackberry when all he needs ultimately is 'popular apps'?
    What do you get out of it?
    07-18-14 04:55 AM
    I just wanted him to experience the BB and know himself how good it is. This discussion came out of casual discussion about different platforms.

Posted Via CB 10...On my Z10 STL100-3.
    07-18-14 05:03 AM
    if you both use the same carrier and you trust each other you could switch device for a week.
    07-18-14 05:22 AM
    I wouldn't try to convert him, but you can show how true multitasking work by opening youtube on your browser, watching a music video, minimize the browser and go type and email, music will continue, tell your friend to do that, music will stop.

But the main question is why you want to convert him? It's tuff to convert someone that love his current phone.
    Yes, but if you try to show BB10 multitasking to a person who has an Android that can multiwindow, I don't think he'd be overwhelmed exactly..

Posted via CB10
    blindman40 likes this.
    07-18-14 06:23 AM
    Yes, but if you try to show BB10 multitasking to a person who has an Android that can multiwindow, I don't think he'd be overwhelmed exactly..

Posted via CB10
    I never said he will be overwhelmed by a true multi tasking... but it's one that my friend didnt believe until I showed them.
    07-18-14 07:03 AM
    The only chance you have of changing him is for him to figure out that changes is good by seeing what you can do. If you force feed him and try to change, even if he does try it is with a very bias mind set and cahnces are he won't explore what it can do and be turn off by it. Natural, curiosity is better than you pushing down his throat.

Find out what he uses a lot and show him it is better on the BB.
    If all he cares about is app, show him that you run those app fine and if not better on your BB. My Z30 runs most apps better than the S4 i have.

Of course a Z30 is a better device to show off BB10 than a Z10.
    07-18-14 07:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed..my N5 multitask fine
    07-18-14 06:50 PM
    Please don't use the security or bbm arguments. The average Joe doesn't give a Damn about that.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 06:53 PM

I agree with some of your points, but the Youtube multitasking example simply doesn't resonate, for obvious reasons. I remember a poster that used to boast about the ability of QNX to play 5 Youtube videos simultaneously.

Please don't use the security or bbm arguments. The average Joe doesn't give a Damn about that.

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Exactly.
    07-18-14 07:16 PM
    I know this is old but, I was on three blackberry's, two on original? OS and one on OS7, then went on a Nexus 4 kitkat then lollipop. From the get go the Android never felt intuitive. Especially never felt comfortable with the UI, as I was always trying to figure out my way around, how to answer and how to turn off. Especially the wifi was an issue at a free wifi in a food spot, even though the phone found the wifi, the wifi took up to 10 minutes before being asked to authorized use, on BB Z30, boom, same spots get right on. Why, I don't know but my wife has similar issue on her Nexus 4. I continually got eye strain headaches reading on the Nexus 4, not once in three weeks so far on Z30. Can easily read screen in broad daylight, no to N4, don't have to wait for a carrier update, frequent from the wild OS updates with BB. Swipe motions to maneuver around screens is best method, feel in love with it when I first bought a BB Playbook. With OS on Z30, I run more Apps on my Z30 then I ever did with my Nexus 4, first look to BB World, if not there go to built in Amazon Store and if not there, side load Snap, and get from Google Play store, I have every App on my Z3o that I had on the Nexus 4 (except Google branded Apps like Google News) Some of these are; Aldiko, Amazon Kindle, News360, Crackle, Waze, Accu Weather, Color Note, Facbook, ATT Uverse, Career Builder, Indeed, Evernote, Adobe Reader, YouTube, box, dropbox, Amazon App Store, Twitter, Linkedin, foursquare, Netflix for starters, and they run a well as on Android.
    02-08-15 07:56 PM
    Just tell him things in BlackBerry that you are impressed by, if he is impressed well and good if not assume that your priorities are different and continue to be friends.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 11:40 PM
    Show him what BlackBerry could do and not android. Let's not think of converting him. Tell him all the features of BlackBerry and latest OS 10.3.1. Blend, keyboard, hub,flow,balance,bbm, apps etc...
    If he likes it he will change to android....

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-08-15 11:59 PM
    My first reason for choosing BlackBerry 10 is for security

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    02-09-15 01:36 AM
    You better stick to features like the hub or the security.
    However, I guess it'll be difficult to convince him to switch to BlackBerry OS as he seems to be an top app user and those work quite slow and non-intuitive on Blackberry.

Good luck!
    02-09-15 01:50 AM