All...I updated a few apps in Snap and now most Android apps will hang up with the "Android app launcher not responding" message. I tried installing the Android Runtime file in BlackBerry World but that didn't help so I updated to OS10.3.3.... and now my apps still aren't working... and my Snap app starts opening and crashes right away..

Any help you can provide in fixing this would be much appreciated!!

Posted via CB10 on my Silver Edition Passport... device of champions
    12-27-17 11:34 PM
    Snap isn't compatible with 10.3.3.

What method did you use to update?
    12-27-17 11:35 PM
    D*mn it.. I thought it would have been fixed by now. I updated the ART using the app in BlackBerry World... when that didn't work, I ran the OS update function from my phone to update to 10.3.3 thinking that might fix it... sadly, It didn't.

12-27-17 11:39 PM
    D*mn it.. I thought it would have been fixed by now. I updated the ART using the app in BlackBerry World... when that didn't work, I ran the OS update function from my phone to update to 10.3.3 thinking that might fix it... sadly, It didn't.

You will have to run the autoloader for 10.3.3.3057 to clear out the gremlins. Your Android environment has been corrupted.

Download autoloader to PC, unzip it, plug in your phone, and run the autoloader.

https://mega.nz/#!EJQUSIYJ!-g77DzNbq...QLrlWk78FSXqxk

Use Ultimate Backup first if you wish.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    12-27-17 11:41 PM
    All...I updated a few apps in Snap and now most Android apps will hang up with the "Android app launcher not responding" message. I tried installing the Android Runtime file in BlackBerry World but that didn't help so I updated to OS10.3.3.... and now my apps still aren't working... and my Snap app starts opening and crashes right away..

Any help you can provide in fixing this would be much appreciated!!

I know you ain't gonna take this in a nice way... But there's a full time Android Physical Keyboard device called BlackBerry KeyOne.

It's a champions device in 2018 when it comes to BB. You may already know of it, but advise others against it. But that device is the only forward for working android apps.
    Rico4you likes this.
    12-28-17 01:24 AM
    What is this miraculous device you speak of? Does it run the Googles?

12-28-17 09:05 AM
    What is this miraculous device you speak of? Does it run the Googles?

The BlackBerry KEYone, or K1 as you see fit to call it. Some have nicknamed it, the Almost Passport.

You trade almost Ecosystem for almost Passport.
    12-28-17 09:36 AM
    Lol. Okay.

12-28-17 09:37 PM
    OP - able to fix things or do I have to break out my black t-shirt, black jeans and black tennis shoes?
    12-29-17 05:22 PM
    Working on it tonight... although I kinda want to go back to 10.3.2 to get Snap working again..

12-29-17 09:06 PM
    Working on it tonight... although I kinda want to go back to 10.3.2 to get Snap working again..

Since you already updated to 10.3.3, you can't go back to 10.3.2 anymore.
    Just use Cobalt's method if you need Android apps.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 12-29-17 at 10:26 PM.
    12-29-17 09:32 PM
    Guess I won't be doing anything... Link isn't working on my laptop after the Windows 10 update...and I don't feel like losing texts, calendar entries, etc... so frustrating!!!

12-29-17 10:37 PM
    Guess I won't be doing anything... Link isn't working on my laptop after the Windows 10 update...and I don't feel like losing texts, calendar entries, etc... so frustrating!!!

With the new year right around the corner, this is the omen to switch to a KEYone. The Silver K1 looks ALMOST like a Passport SE. Just mix yourself favorite drink, make it a double, squint one eye looking at K1, close enough to Passport. Have another drink. Repeat this for awhile then you're happy. It's either, alcohol or android.
    valer466 likes this.
    12-29-17 10:44 PM

Use Ultimate Backup instead of Link.
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=PH&lang=en
    12-29-17 10:50 PM
    LOL some BlackBerry brandy to cure my ills?

12-29-17 11:47 PM
    ultimate backup is $3.99 (sorry, I'm being cheap). Have you used the free one (FREE Device Backup)?

12-29-17 11:51 PM
    ultimate backup is $3.99 (sorry, I'm being cheap). Have you used the free one (FREE Device Backup)?

You have sort of accepted that Passport doesn't like you anymore and that's why nothing works in the Android app domain. No biggie. There's it's family sibling which will accept you for what you are.

If you still don't agree then this thread is pointless because your champion is old & won't go back to 10.3.2, rendering it perfectly usable for non Android app functions and unusable enough for you to complain about it's non native functions.
    12-30-17 01:02 AM
    LOL some BlackBerry brandy to cure my ills?

Brandy, rum, or tequila. It's all good fun until somebody falls down. Then it's hilarious....
    12-30-17 06:58 AM

Still cheaper than buying a new device and also extends your Passport's usefulness/reliability (combined with Cobalt's workarounds).
    Not familiar with the free backup, but Ultimate so far has great feedback.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 12-30-17 at 08:38 AM.
    12-30-17 08:12 AM
    True. I have everything backed up via the app and actually was able to get Link and Blend working (I needed to "run as administrator"). I have everything ready to go but now I'm curious if anyone knows what will happen to my Linkedin contacts given the native app no longer works? Will they be backed up and restored or will they disappear when I wipe and reload because the device can't connect to Linkedin anymore?

12-30-17 08:45 AM
    at the moment it is 5.99eur
    too expensive for a almost legacy platform, you will use this app once or twice before moving away from BB10.

IMHO with a lower price the developer will earn more money, because everyone will pay 1 or 2eur; but only those who really need the app will pay current price....

is there any native alternative for backups?

Still cheaper than buying a new device and also extends your Passport's usefulness/reliability (combined with Cobalt's workarounds).
    Not familiar with the free backup, but Ultimate so far has great feedback.
    06-09-18 08:48 AM