I hit the volume rocker to lower the volume on a YouTube video before it's about to play and instead of lowering the volume for the video it goes and lowers my ringer. I don't need to change my ringer every time I hit the volume key. Most of the time people are lowering the volume on a music or video. Why is the default set to lower the ringer? How often do people lower their ringer throughout the day? BlackBerry 10 is always change the media and u have profiles to change the volume of the ringer . Honestly that's one of my biggest issue with Android coming from BlackBerry 10
    08-27-18 09:04 AM
    Yep. I hate it. My Samsung s7 has the option where the volume rocker only adjusts media. I wish BlackBerry could work this into their launcher.
    08-27-18 09:12 AM
    Is there no option in Settings to change the default mode of the volume buttons?

My S8 has that option under Settings > Sounds and Vibration. There is a "Use volume keys for media" option that has to be turned on (I think the default is "off"). Then the ringer volume is left alone no matter when you press the keys. I know Samsung likes to change things in their interface, but I can't believe this isn't built into android itself.

Tapping the volume key while ringing will still silence the ringer without hanging up on the caller - it still rings for them on the other end until it goes to voice-mail.
    08-27-18 10:29 AM