Blackberry is not longer going to be making phones. So what are people doing who .. well Blackberry is their only experience. Is BBM going on? Do they buy the Blackberry App package? Or do you just get a Pixel, LG, or even Apple and take it like a new start. The native security in Android and Apple must not be good enough?
    02-06-20 06:31 PM
    You can also just keep using a KEYone/KEY2/LE if you like the keyboard...

It's gonna be years before the current devices are unusable
    02-06-20 07:13 PM
    Blackberry is not longer going to be making phones. So what are people doing who .. well Blackberry is their only experience. Is BBM going on? Do they buy the Blackberry App package? Or do you just get a Pixel, LG, or even Apple and take it like a new start. The native security in Android and Apple must not be good enough?
    It's going to be time to move on. It's as simple as that.

A modern Apple or Android 10 device from a reputable vendor like Google, Samsung, Nokia, etc are just as safe. The true security threats are from poor passwords, lack of 2fa, poor browsing habits, and sketchy apps.
    Last edited by conite; 02-06-20 at 10:48 PM.
    BBeast and Flatman like this.
    02-06-20 07:57 PM
    I purchased a new Key2 a little over a year ago and it's been my least favorite. I have to hit the space bar really hard with my thumb in order to create a space. Takes me much longer to type. ; ( Time to move on. I'm very low tech. I only have a few apps, no games and don't do much browsing, however I do take a lot of pics. I'm thinking about holding out until the Samsung Galaxy S20 is released. Having only purchased Blackberries, can someone please give me some advice on what phone to purchase? Price is not an issue. I will NEVER buy an iPhone. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
    RubySL likes this.
    02-06-20 10:20 PM
    I purchased a new Key2 a little over a year ago and it's been my least favorite. I have to hit the space bar really hard with my thumb in order to create a space. Takes me much longer to type. ; ( Time to move on. I'm very low tech. I only have a few apps, no games and don't do much browsing, however I do take a lot of pics. I'm thinking about holding out until the Samsung Galaxy S20 is released. Having only purchased Blackberries, can someone please give me some advice on what phone to purchase? Price is not an issue. I will NEVER buy an iPhone. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
    First off, there is no reason you had to deal with the spacebar you have. You should have sent it in for repair. Mine is perfect.

I'm very biased towards pure Android experiences, without a lot of OEM customisation. As such, I would recommend, if money is no object, a Pixel 4 or the upcoming Nokia 9.2 Pureview - the latter being an Android One device. Both have written commitments for 3 years of OS and security updates.
    02-06-20 10:41 PM

A modern Android 10 device from a reputable vendor like Google, ***Apple(not sure this will get Android, perhaps iOS for now) Samsung, Nokia, etc are just as safe. The true security threats are from poor passwords, lack of 2fa, poor browsing habits, and sketchy apps.
    Which Apple gets Android 10 instead of the standard iOS now? (Asking for a friend)
    02-06-20 10:47 PM
    Which Apple gets Android 10 instead of the standard iOS now? (Asking for a friend)
    Oops. Need to reorganize my paragraph.
    02-06-20 10:48 PM
    Oops. Need to reorganize my paragraph.
    I don’t get many chances, so when I do, I run to end zone in the swamp and spike the chain saws victorious....
    conite and Flatman like this.
    02-06-20 10:58 PM
    I've only used Blackberry. I had an iPhone for 2 weeks and hated it! Next phone is most likely Sony Xperia, and I will type a lot less!
    02-06-20 11:50 PM
    I've only used Blackberry. I had an iPhone for 2 weeks and hated it! Next phone is most likely Sony Xperia, and I will type a lot less!
    I’d pick a more common Android brand. Sony is constantly rumored to be exiting the business. Even if they don’t, it’s low volumes make it more likely to have less support
    02-07-20 06:14 AM
    Unfortunately, and I hate to say it, but that is sort of a common issue with the KEY2, but maybe later models like the Red won't have it (so far I don't think they did).

The best advice I could give you would be for you to sell yours as "for-parts" on eBay and use that money towards a KEY2 LE which has a more reliable spacebar by design.

Or, get it serviced for warranty repair/replacement like mentioned above.
    02-07-20 06:25 AM
    First off, there is no reason you had to deal with the spacebar you have. You should have sent it in for repair. Mine is perfect.

I'm very biased towards pure Android experiences, without a lot of OEM customisation. As such, I would recommend, if money is no object, a Pixel 4 or the upcoming Nokia 9.2 Pureview - the latter being an Android One device. Both have written commitments for 3 years of OS and security updates.
    The Pixel 4 has an undersized battery, and for that reason only, I couldn't recommend it to anyone.
    Especially someone coming from the KEY2 lol
    02-07-20 06:26 AM
    The Pixel 4 has an undersized battery, and for that reason only, I couldn't recommend it to anyone.
    Especially someone coming from the KEY2 lol
    It's got 18W charging. No problem.

To maximize battery health, a lithium ion battery should be kept between 50% and 80%, so a quick shot in the afternoon is advisable no matter what device you own.
    02-07-20 07:06 AM
    It's got 18W charging. No problem.

To maximize battery health, a lithium ion battery should be kept between 50% and 80%, so a quick shot in the afternoon is advisable no matter what device you own.
    Lol, that's an excuse for an measly sized battery.

18W charging is NO substitute for an acceptably sized battery.

Not to mention that such fast charging will increase heat output and faster deteriorate the already-small battery.

Who wants a Pixel 4 with an actual capacity of 2200mAh after barely a year ?

Using a small 5W Apple charging brick is slower but will put out much less heat and therefore increase longevity.
    02-07-20 07:12 AM
    Lol, that's an excuse for an measly sized battery.

18W charging is NO substitute for an acceptably sized battery.

Not to mention that such fast charging will increase heat output and faster deteriorate the already-small battery.

Who wants a Pixel 4 with an actual capacity of 2200mAh after barely a year ?

Using a small 5W Apple charging brick is slower but will put out much less heat and therefore increase longevity.
    You're still better off not letting your battery go below 50%.
    02-07-20 07:17 AM
    You're still better off not letting your battery go below 50%.
    No one's gonna bother doing that lol, especially not with a Pixel 4 because they'll be putting it to charge by noon because it won't take long for that battery to drop 50% if they're moderate/heavy users.

Some people say "don't let it drop below 10%"

Others say "20%"

Others "40%"

So which is it lol?

Someone's gonna come up and say "always keep it between 80% and 100%" ?

Unless manufacturers start designing phones whose batteries CANNOT be replaced (which isn't out of the realm of possibility given where things are going) then I wouldn't put too much thought into scrupulously making sure the phone is always above a certain level
    02-07-20 07:20 AM

A modern Apple or Android 10 device from a reputable vendor like Google, Samsung, Nokia, etc are just as safe. The true security threats are from poor passwords, lack of 2fa, poor browsing habits, and sketchy apps.
    Ahhhh the T-Rex syndrome

MMMMMM BlackBerry.............
    Attached Thumbnails Always had a Blackberry phone; where to go for a phone now?-trex.jpg  
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-07-20 05:59 PM
    02-07-20 06:13 PM

Some people say "don't let it drop below 10%"

Others say "20%"

Others "40%"

So which is it lol?

Someone's gonna come up and say "always keep it between 80% and 100%" ?
    I am SO confused what to doooooooo
    02-07-20 06:21 PM
    I am SO confused what to doooooooo
    Homer very confused too !
    Attached Thumbnails Always had a Blackberry phone; where to go for a phone now?-workhow.jpg  
    towngirl likes this.
    02-07-20 06:28 PM