Hello guys,

Any news on bbm regarding new phones?
    12-08-18 11:33 PM
    If there was, you'd see a news post and a bunch of threads all over the forums about it.
    12-08-18 11:36 PM
    Nope, Touchscreen Berrys like the Motion flopped hard so I wouldn't hold my breath
    12-11-18 07:50 PM
    Nope, Touchscreen Berrys like the Motion flopped hard so I wouldn't hold my breath
    State your source(s). I've seen a few people say the Motion "flopped" but I haven't seen proof or sales numbers. Maybe it did "flop" but I'd like to see some proof rather than speculation from people who probably don't really know for sure. (No offense intended.)
    12-11-18 08:23 PM
    State your source(s). I've seen a few people say the Motion "flopped" but I haven't seen proof or sales numbers. Maybe it did "flop" but I'd like to see some proof rather than speculation from people who probably don't really know for sure. (No offense intended.)
    Here's the proof: BBMo made the KEY2, but no Motion 2...
    12-11-18 08:40 PM
    Here's the proof: BBMo made the KEY2, but no Motion 2...
    Yet that is...
    The chances might be slim but I don't think there's been any official word the BlackBerry Mobile won't produce another fully touch screen device. Perhaps they are watching, waiting & learning from the production & release of the one recently released in the Indian market (I forget the name). But I do remember it appeared to be superior to the Motion.
    12-11-18 08:59 PM
    Yet that is...
    The chances might be slim but I don't think there's been any official word the BlackBerry Mobile won't produce another fully touch screen device. Perhaps they are watching, waiting & learning from the production & release of the one recently released in the Indian market (I forget the name). But I do remember it appeared to be superior to the Motion.
    I don’t expect there would be official word stating BBMo won’t build a VKB in the future. It’s pretty easy to see that BB licensed VKB don’t sell well because pricing is too expensive for the BB package. With PKB, the BBTax is partly concealed with the PKB cost, or so it seems. There’s no PKB competition. You either pay the price or you don’t. Just isn’t the same with the VKB hardware.
    12-11-18 09:39 PM
    I would love a simple BlackBerry Mobile Motion successor, with no special hardware or other gimmicks for $300-$400. Just a plain jane slab with 6GB/64GB, DTEK and the other BlackBerry software.
    SimbaZ30 likes this.
    12-11-18 09:47 PM
    I would kill for Motion 2, 6GB/64GB or 8GB/128GB, dual sim, IP68, wireless charging, 4500 battery, good camera, small bezels... as close to android one as possible with BB stuff
    12-25-18 03:48 PM
    If they do decide to do another full touch, it would need to be high end with mid pricing. Something that they can use to show off what they can do.
    12-25-18 04:29 PM
    If they do decide to do another full touch, it would need to be high end with mid pricing. Something that they can use to show off what they can do.
    High end with mid pricing? Sure. I want a new Ferrari for $25,000 while you're spinning fantasies.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-25-18 04:45 PM
    Echoing bb10adopter111 post above. That’s not part of any business model TCT owned BBMo can afford with or without carrier support. There’s just no economies of scale to leverage or it would have been done with the Motion previously.
    12-25-18 05:58 PM
    Echoing bb10adopter111 post above. That’s not part of any business model TCT owned BBMo can afford with or without carrier support. There’s just no economies of scale to leverage or it would have been done with the Motion previously.
    Well what are you suggesting if they decide to do another full touch? High end pricing with mid to low specs?
    12-25-18 08:36 PM
    Well what are you suggesting if they decide to do another full touch? High end pricing with mid to low specs?
    I’m suggesting that Chen won’t do any licensing of BBAndroid that doesn’t guarantee BB Ltd profits on the project. Since that’s case, it leaves BBMo in same position as before with similar Motion 2 device with better specs than Motion but an extra $100-150 price tag and no carrier support. Then rollout a LE version cheaper priced right above remaining Motion inventory.

See, the VKB story version doesn’t make sense and no carrier will go along with it. The LE is selling in PKB version due to having the PKB itself. Optiemus rolled out the Evolve first, in essence skipping the higher end Evolve X first and maybe the Evolve X shows up and maybe it doesn’t.

BBMo knows the VKB market better than BB Ltd ever did. The Motion illustrates the difficulties well, too well. I’d suggest no VKB for now.
    12-25-18 09:52 PM
    I think you're thinking about BlackBerry Mobile phones the wrong way entirely. The specifications that would make an all-touch BlackBerry Android phone unique are the hardened Android kernel, locked down bootloader, and DTEK monitoring software. The Motion added a rugged case and large battery for its class at the time.

If there isn't a niche of at least 1 million users who will pay a premium for those specifications OVER the other hardware specs, then BlackBerry Mobile should never produce another all-touch phone. End of story.

No manufacturer of BlackBerry Mobile's scale can compete with the larger manufacturers on hardware specs and price alone.

12-26-18 08:16 AM
    they are going to release the storm 3 in the first quarter. with 3d surepress with embedded fp sensor and Snapdragon 855. it's going to dual boot android 9 and bbos 7 or BB10
    skrble likes this.
    12-26-18 10:06 AM
    High end with mid pricing? Sure. I want a new Ferrari for $25,000 while you're spinning fantasies.

I would like one of those too, in black please.

Q10 Powered
    12-26-18 03:57 PM
    I would like one of those too, in black please.

Q10 Powered
    For $25K you’ll take what’s given
    12-26-18 03:59 PM
    For $25K you’ll take what’s given
    You obviously have no idea who you are speaking to, I take what I order and nothing less.

Q10 Powered
    12-26-18 04:05 PM
    You obviously have no idea who you are speaking to, I take what I order and nothing less.

Q10 Powered
    Yes, the Canadian guy at table next to me........
    12-26-18 05:02 PM