I would like to purchase a new bb. I need to make sure I can run the apps I currently have on my Android phone on a bb running OS 10.2.1 or later. Searching through the amazon appstore, it looks like there is a limited number of Android apps available for bb. I was not able to find the apps I currently use. I am not interested in the Priv.
    06-14-16 05:23 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

Unfortunately it's not a simple yes or no blanket answer. (Or maybe, fortunately it isn't, for BB10 users.)

First off, you'll need to get the Google Play storefront onto your BB10 device. The two most popular ways to do so are with Snap (a native BB10 app whose dev has stopped updating it) or Cobalt's Playstore apk (Cobalt is a CB member who has spent a ton of his own time to get more Android content available for BB10 users). There are also websites like Evozi that allow you to download apps from Google Play via your BB10 Browser.

Next issue is Google Play services. BB10 doesn't have them but numerous apps downloaded from Google Play require it.
    There are "patched" versions available as workarounds.

Next is compatibility. BB10's Android Runtime is based on Android 4.3 or 4.4 (can't recall just now), so any apps that only work with Lollipop or Marshmallow probably won't work, or Google Play might just think they won't and impede the download.

I don't mean to sound all negative. There are thousands of apps from Google Play that work perfectly, or at least adequately, on BB10.

You can read more info in the Sticky Threads found atop our BB10 Android Apps Forum:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...pk-files-f413/
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

Unfortunately it's not a simple yes or no blanket answer. (Or maybe, fortunately it isn't, for BB10 users.)

First off, you'll need to get the Google Play storefront onto your BB10 device. The two most popular ways to do so are with Snap (a native BB10 app whose dev has stopped updating it) or Cobalt's Playstore apk (Cobalt is a CB member who has spent a ton of his own time to get more Android content available for BB10 users). There are also websites like Evozi that allow you to download apps from Google Play via your BB10 Browser.

Next issue is Google Play services. BB10 doesn't have them but numerous apps downloaded from Google Play require it.
    There are "patched" versions available as workarounds.

Next is compatibility. BB10's Android Runtime is based on Android 4.3 or 4.4 (can't recall just now), so any apps that only work with Lollipop or Marshmallow probably won't work, or Google Play might just think they won't and impede the download.

I don't mean to sound all negative. There are thousands of apps from Google Play that work perfectly, or at least adequately, on BB10.

You can read more info in the Sticky Threads found atop our BB10 Android Apps Forum:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...pk-files-f413/
    06-14-16 06:29 PM
    Just to add, you can no longer sign into Snap. It's now Cobalt's modified Google Play Store or bust.

Our Runtime is also forever stuck at Android 4.3 Jellybean - but ONLY if you update to OS 10.3. Otherwise you only have Android 4.2.2.
    06-14-16 06:32 PM