Hi there! Can someone please walk me through the steps for removing these ads? I've been through my apps and can't find anything suspicious, so maybe they are cunningly hidden somewhere? Cheers, Dom
    06-06-18 08:18 AM
    Hi there! Can someone please walk me through the steps for removing these ads? I've been through my apps and can't find anything suspicious, so maybe they are cunningly hidden somewhere? Cheers, Dom
    It's got to be an app. What launcher are you using?
    06-06-18 08:32 AM
    Thanks Coffee-Turtle,

I have absolutely no idea - where would I find out?
    06-06-18 09:10 AM
    Its an app for sure. What do you mean you have gone through your apps? Do you have any screen saver or background apps installed?
    06-06-18 09:44 AM
    What device are you using? I can assume one of the Android BlackBerry phones, but just want to be sure.

When did this start? Is it recent, or has this been happening a while and you're only now asking about it?

If it just started, maybe you can think of what app was recently installed just before this started happening.

We can probably rule out a launcher, because if you don't know what that is, then you likely didn't load up another one. You kind of have to know what it is and how to set it for it to do its thing.

A launcher is the basic interface for the phone - the home screen pages, docked icons at the bottom, etc. BlackBerry has its own launcher, but you can use others. There are many, and a lot of the free ones come with ads until you purchase it. Not all, but a lot of them do that. That's why it's usually the first suspect.
    06-06-18 10:06 AM
    I'd simply start with the last app you downloaded...

Unless you enable installing from Unknown Sources, it would have had to come from Google Play, and you can list your installed apps by last updated.

But yeah knowing what OS and phone you have might help
    06-06-18 10:10 AM
    Thanks All,
    This is a BB Keyone - i had the screen replaced, but don't it looks like this is a new phone...the only apps i downloaded were Facebook, Messenger and what's app - thats all....where can i find what app was last downloaded? how can i turn off google play - would that be the culprit? Cheers in advance....
    06-06-18 10:15 AM
    its an Android app that has 'draw over other apps permission'. Good overview as well as solutions here. https://screenoverlaydetected.com/ho...ected-android/

Most likely its some security/utility app, they have legit uses to take over the screen but also sometimes such apps will abuse it for ads. Uninstall those leeches.
    06-06-18 11:21 AM
    Thanks All,
    This is a BB Keyone - i had the screen replaced, but don't it looks like this is a new phone...the only apps i downloaded were Facebook, Messenger and what's app - thats all....where can i find what app was last downloaded? how can i turn off google play - would that be the culprit? Cheers in advance....
    None of those apps would cause this. There has to be something else you downloaded at some point. You could post screen shots of your list of apps under settings and apps. Not the quickest method but someone might be able to show you which app it is.
    Any antivirus or cache cleaner apps installed?
    06-06-18 11:27 AM
    I recently had a QR Code Reader app do this to me.
    06-06-18 11:56 AM