I'm hoping this will be an easy one.

I just pulled the trigger and bought a Key2 LE. I have three email accounts, two of which I actually use. My main account is an outlook.com account, which I have set up and works fine. I also have an old gmail account, which I only use for things like YouTube login and a few other Google services. I had to use that to sign into the device. My work account is a G-Suite account. I've added that to the device, but nowhere in the Hub settings do I find a way to add it, so I can get email from that account. It doesn't appear in the Hub account list, even though it does appear in the Settings>Accounts list.

At the moment, my workaround is to use Nine email, which works just fine, but if I'm going to use a BlackBerry again, I'd kinda like to get the Hub working right. It seems to me that once I add the account to the phone it should just be there in the Hub list.

Bonus question: Never mind, I figured this one out.
    10-25-18 03:32 PM
    I'm hoping this will be an easy one.

I just pulled the trigger and bought a Key2 LE. I have three email accounts, two of which I actually use. My main account is an outlook.com account, which I have set up and works fine. I also have an old gmail account, which I only use for things like YouTube login and a few other Google services. I had to use that to sign into the device. My work account is a G-Suite account. I've added that to the device, but nowhere in the Hub settings do I find a way to add it, so I can get email from that account. It doesn't appear in the Hub account list, even though it does appear in the Settings>Accounts list.

At the moment, my workaround is to use Nine email, which works just fine, but if I'm going to use a BlackBerry again, I'd kinda like to get the Hub working right. It seems to me that once I add the account to the phone it should just be there in the Hub list.

Bonus question: Never mind, I figured this one out.
    You've added it in the HUB? Open hub, Click over flow menu on the left. Then next to "accounts" there is a plus sign on the right hand side. Click on it to add an account.
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-25-18 03:49 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately it doesn't work the way I think it should. If I try to add the account that way, it next asks me if it's POP, IMAP, or Exchange. But a G-Suite account is none of those, so the setup fails.

When I add the account through the main Google Accounts page, it doesn't offer me the option to syn email, only other things.

It's been a while since I've used the Hub and back then my work account was an IMAP. Since then they've migrated to G-Suite. But it seems to me this shouldn't be hard. Why doesn't Hub offer me the option to add a G-Suite account, as Nine does?
    10-25-18 04:00 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately it doesn't work the way I think it should. If I try to add the account that way, it next asks me if it's POP, IMAP, or Exchange. But a G-Suite account is none of those, so the setup fails.

When I add the account through the main Google Accounts page, it doesn't offer me the option to syn email, only other things.

It's been a while since I've used the Hub and back then my work account was an IMAP. Since then they've migrated to G-Suite. But it seems to me this shouldn't be hard. Why doesn't Hub offer me the option to add a G-Suite account, as Nine does?
    Is a G-suite email something different then Gmail email? All I did with a gmail account is add account, type in the email address and the rest was automatic. Didn't have to choose, pop, imap, etc.
    10-25-18 04:18 PM
    Is a G-suite email something different then Gmail email? All I did with a gmail account is add account, type in the email address and the rest was automatic. Didn't have to choose, pop, imap, etc.
    It's a Gmail account that doesn't have a "gmail" domain. My university registers its domain with Google, and Google provides the email service. So, for example, when I add the account to Nine email, Google automatically routes the request back through the university login, to authenticate that I have an account there, then it goes back to Google and it's done.

If the account had a "gmail" domain name, I guess there would be no problem, but when I put my university email address in, the Hub doesn't recognize it as a Google account, so it asks me if it's POP3, IMAP, or EAS. Nine email, on the other hand, asks what kind of account it is, and offers "G-Suite" as an option, so it's easy there.

But I can't believe I'm the only person facing this problem. There must be thousands of organizational G-Suite accounts with non-gmail domain names. Surely BlackBerry wouldn't be so shortsighted as to make it impossible to register these on the Hub. I feel like there's some obvious step to get this done, but I can't figure out what it is.
    10-25-18 04:39 PM
    Have you tried adding the account as a Gmail account? Even though the domain for your email isn't gmail.com, it still uses Google's servers to send and receive mail (no different than Office365) so as long as your credentials are correct it should work.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-18 06:50 AM
    Have you tried adding the account as a Gmail account? Even though the domain for your email isn't gmail.com, it still uses Google's servers to send and receive mail (no different than Office365) so as long as your credentials are correct it should work.

Posted via CB10
    How can I do that? If do "Add account" in the Hub, it first asks me to put in my email address, which looks like "xyz@abc.edu", not a Gmail address. Once I do that, it prompts me to choose POP3, IMAP, or EAS. There's no Gmail option. Apparently that's only triggered if it sees a Gmail address.
    10-26-18 07:56 AM
    How can I do that? If do "Add account" in the Hub, it first asks me to put in my email address, which looks like "xyz@abc.edu", not a Gmail address. Once I do that, it prompts me to choose POP3, IMAP, or EAS. There's no Gmail option. Apparently that's only triggered if it sees a Gmail address.
    Select imap.
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-26-18 08:08 AM
    Choose IMAP. It’s been awhile and I’m no IT guy. I used my complete email address for account name and went from there. I had same issue adding my edu address. It was solved. At one point help desk “helped” although I didnt mention BB. I just told person I was adding to my email client.
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-26-18 08:09 AM
    Choose IMAP. It’s been awhile and I’m no IT guy. I used my complete email address for account name and went from there. I had same issue adding my edu address. It was solved. At one point help desk “helped” although I didnt mention BB. I just told person I was adding to my email client.
    When I do this, it prompts me for a server. I tried imap.gmail.com and...Success! Thanks Chuck and Conite!
    10-26-18 08:15 AM