Hi all,
    Can someone suggest a good adblocker that can be used on the Priv?
    I am someone who use facebook and I have seen that a lot of time while reading news and other interesting information from Facebook, there are unwanted virus infection and etc popups.
    I have never used adblockers so far and can someone's suggest the same. Is it useful and helps preventing popups while reading stuff off Facebook. Thanks.
    02-05-17 08:17 AM
    If you're getting that stuff while reading FB while using the FB app, you have larger issues at hand and might want to consider the apps you have installed. Some of them are clearly junk apps. If you're getting them while visiting the FB site in your browser, switch browsers to Pyrope,Ghostery or one of the many others that offer ad blocking.
    02-05-17 12:34 PM
    If you're getting that stuff while reading FB while using the FB app, you have larger issues at hand and might want to consider the apps you have installed. Some of them are clearly junk apps. If you're getting them while visiting the FB site in your browser, switch browsers to Pyrope,Ghostery or one of the many others that offer ad blocking.
    Hi Bla1ze,
    Thanks and yes, it's not when using the Facebook app, but rather when opening articles from Facebook, like when you click on a topic and it opens up in the browser. I will try the browsers you had mentioned.
    02-05-17 01:36 PM
    Hi all,
    I wanted to update you all. I have finally started using Free Adblocker for Android, Rocketshield, Inc.
    I am impressed by the browser and it blocks and inactivates ads. I tried other browsers too, but this one seem to have a higher percentage of blocking and inactivating ads. What's interesting is the ads that are blocked cannot be clicked on knowingly or unknowingly to open the ads. The blocked ads are shown as a blank space in your articles and a notification "advertisement" is indicated in the blank space.
    I have set the browser as default and have no issues opening any link that opens on the ad free browser. The flag indicator in the page as you use the browser is a convenient way of confirming that ad blocker is active. I did not see this in any other browser.
    I hope this post helps others looking for a adblocker to use on their Priv. Thanks.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-17-17 06:08 AM
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-root-t2958895

I know many on Android Central like Adguard..... it blocks ads from more than just the browser.
    02-17-17 07:37 AM
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-root-t2958895

I know many on Android Central like Adguard..... it blocks ads from more than just the browser.
    Hey thanks. But Adguard is not available in Google play store. Needs to be installed as unknown source and I am hesitant to install as its not in the play store. Right now the Adblocker browser does the job for me. Will look into Adguard some other time.
    02-17-17 11:16 AM