Until today I was able to access my Yahoo Mail via the Hub on my BlackBerry Classic with OS 10.3.3.2129 I needed to have my Yahoo account configured to "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" as opposed to utilizing the two step authentication. Suddenly, it no longer works. I have removed my Yahoo Mail account from my BlackBerry and tried to re-establish it but I keep getting a message to try again later. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?
    01-11-19 05:22 PM
    Probably not gone forever, you just have to muddle through the changes and find out which option works for you. - https://support.blackberry.com/kb/ar...mber=000013799 I'm guessing you'll need to add the app specific password option, as that's the solution they advised for Rogers customers and sent out through their own suggestions. - https://forums.crackberry.com/ask-qu...email-1159980/
    01-11-19 06:03 PM
    Thanks for your reply Bla1ze. I received the same notification e-mail as did the Rogers customers. I would gladly add the app specific password option but when you try to do it and get to choosing the app there is no option in the dropdown for a BlackBerry device or BlackBerry OS. It is not possible (at least as best as I can tell) to complete the process for the two step, app specific password option. If anyone has been able to figure this out, please let me know what I should do.
    01-11-19 06:31 PM
    Choose "Other App" from the dropdown. It will then give you an option to use a custom name for the App Password. Enter the name of your choice.

The selection from the dropdown isn't a special requirement of the app itself; it's a way for you to know which password is being used by which device in case you need to revoke access for that password at some point in the future.

(For example: you no longer own the device you used the password on, or you no longer use the app you generated the password for, or you believe the app-specific password has been compromised)
    01-12-19 05:36 AM
    I spent the last two days trying to get my Yahoo email integrated with my Z30 and FINALLY got through the glitch.

1. Delete the account
    2. Turn off your phone completely (not a restart). Leave it alone for about 5 minutes.
    3. Restart the phone.
    4. Reinstall your email address using the IMAP choice from the setup menu.
    This should do it. I only restarted the phone, and apparently it didn't clear the old security permissions. A complete shutdown of your phone is required.
    For all you BB10 Yahoo people out there this worked for me as well. Thanks SonyainTx!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-19 09:45 AM
    Choose "Other App" from the dropdown. It will then give you an option to use a custom name for the App Password. Enter the name of your choice.

The selection from the dropdown isn't a special requirement of the app itself; it's a way for you to know which password is being used by which device in case you need to revoke access for that password at some point in the future.

(For example: you no longer own the device you used the password on, or you no longer use the app you generated the password for, or you believe the app-specific password has been compromised)
    Thanks, I did that......
    After choosing "Other App" frrom the dropdown (and naming it BlackBerry) a password was generated. It looked something like this: lpbc aeyr lndo vsss
    I took it exactly as was generated (spaces included) and put it, verbatim, into my BlackBerry when I got to the part of the e-mail account set up process when it asked for a password.
    I then completed the set up process, hit send, and it failed.
    I tried this a few times and it repeatedly failed. I tried not having the spaces in between the four letter nonsense words and that did not work either.

As relates to the other kind soul who has tried to help me, I have turned the phone off completely, too. That does nothing either...........
    01-12-19 09:58 AM
    Thanks, I did that......
    After choosing "Other App" frrom the dropdown (and naming it BlackBerry) a password was generated. It looked something like this: lpbc aeyr lndo vsss
    I took it exactly as was generated (spaces included) and put it, verbatim, into my BlackBerry when I got to the part of the e-mail account set up process when it asked for a password.
    I then completed the set up process, hit send, and it failed.
    I tried this a few times and it repeatedly failed. I tried not having the spaces in between the four letter nonsense words and that did not work either.

As relates to the other kind soul who has tried to help me, I have turned the phone off completely, too. That does nothing either...........
    Make sure you have deleted all your Yahoo accounts. You still may have your yahoo calendar or yahoo contacts installed and that may be the issue?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-19 10:50 AM
    Make sure you have deleted all your Yahoo accounts. You still may have your yahoo calendar or yahoo contacts installed and that may be the issue?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!
    A good thought. I did that though and it made no difference..........
    01-12-19 11:10 AM
    Thanks!
    A good thought. I did that though and it made no difference..........
    And I assume you went into your Yahoo account settings online to configured to "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" as well (and it saved your changes?)?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-19 11:32 AM
    allowing apps less secure to manage your email....the opposite of everything in BBs playbook
    01-12-19 11:34 AM
    Until today I was able to access my Yahoo Mail via the Hub on my BlackBerry Classic with OS 10.3.3.2129 I needed to have my Yahoo account configured to "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" as opposed to utilizing the two step authentication. Suddenly, it no longer works. I have removed my Yahoo Mail account from my BlackBerry and tried to re-establish it but I keep getting a message to try again later. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?
    My Yahoo mail accounts are working perfectly on my Z10 with no disruptions. Using IMAP and SSL.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-12-19 11:38 AM
    allowing apps less secure to manage your email....the opposite of everything in BBs playbook
    True. It sucks.
    I agree and no arguments. You lose no matter what. You can go to another email provider (with no guarantee that their level of security is actually completely secure), or use an Android or Apple mobile phone and be less secure as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-19 11:47 AM
    Yahoo has never been a very secure platform. I use it only for aliases.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    01-12-19 01:09 PM
    Yahoo has always been problematic.

Problems usually resolve by themselves.

I have taken to diverting my yahoo emails to a gmail account.
    01-13-19 07:24 AM
    That doesn't mean the BB10 Hub email app isn't secure. It's just Yahoo's terminology to refer to the fact that it may not be able to connect using their new authentication platform. I think it's calld OATH.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-19 09:31 AM
    Have you created a new app password as well? Everytime your Yahoo accounts stop working in this manner you may need to create a new App password. At least that's what I do (I never really remember the old ones anyway). I also delete the old app password from my Yahoo account.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-19 09:35 AM
    True. It sucks.
    I agree and no arguments. You lose no matter what. You can go to another email provider (with no guarantee that their level of security is actually completely secure), or use an Android or Apple mobile phone and be less secure as well.

Posted via CB10
    Don't exaggerate the extent to which "less secure apps" are compared to the new authentication Yahoo is using without the facts. Yahoo is the best company to explain the differences between the levels of security provided. i.e. "Less secure apps" does not equal not secure apps or much less secure apps. It could also be just slightly different secure apps or slightly less secure apps.

Better to seeks the facts first.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-19 09:39 AM
    That doesn't mean the BB10 Hub email app isn't secure. It's just Yahoo's terminology to refer to the fact that it may not be able to connect using their new authentication platform. I think it's calld OATH.

Posted via CB10
    Oath is actually Verizons media/ad company I think, not really security. Yes you had to agree to the new OATH terms but I dont think it has to do with it breaking on BB10
    01-13-19 10:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    I believe you're thinking of OAuth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OAuth
    01-21-19 04:12 PM
    Yahoo has always been problematic.

Problems usually resolve by themselves.

I have taken to diverting my yahoo emails to a gmail account.
    Hello ! So for diverting a Yahoo account, I heard you can set it up so that when you send an email via the new account, it appears as if it were sent from the Yahoo account. Is that what you did and if so, how do you do that? Thanks.
    01-21-19 08:14 PM
    Hello ! So for diverting a Yahoo account, I heard you can set it up so that when you send an email via the new account, it appears as if it were sent from the Yahoo account. Is that what you did and if so, how do you do that? Thanks.
    Sounds like some wizadry. if you find out how to do it let me know
    01-22-19 02:33 PM
    Sounds like some wizadry. if you find out how to do it let me know
    https://login.yahoo.com/account/secu...mb=uTB6miskCBT

1. Using a desktop, navigate to the following link and Generate 3rd Party App Password from the drop down list and select other and name it Backberry (or anything else you prefer)

2. Remove Yahoo from your Hub Accounts completely

3. Go to the Accound Add wizard in BB Settings, enter your username (Yahoo email ID) and use that app specific password you generated in step one (without spaces) and complete the settings.

All Mail, Contacts & Calendar will sync automatically in the HUB and across all your BB apps.
    05-02-20 11:01 AM