While I was looking for something, I stumbled upon an old 9900 and because quarantine I decided to try and make it work again.
    When I managed to turn it on, the loading bar stopped at what I think is 60/70% . According to Youtube and threads on the Ask a Question forum, it's nuked and the only way I can fix it is reinstalling the OS.
    I tried to connect it to my PC and it doesn't show up. Tried installing Blackberry Desktop Manager (the old one, the one for BBOS 7.1) and it doesn't show up in BDM.
    What should I do?

Sorry for my bad english, i'm actually argentinian lol.
    08-06-20 12:19 PM
    1st... does your carrier support BIS or allow old phones like this to be activated? If not I wouldn't waste anymore time on it.

If they do... then try this https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...failed-744148/
    08-07-20 07:14 AM
    1st... does your carrier support BIS or allow old phones like this to be activated? If not I wouldn't waste anymore time on it.

If they do... then try this https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...failed-744148/

I don't know the carrier of the device.
    I don't know if this is useful information but I will share it anyway just in case. There's something you can do here in Argentina (I don't know if it exists on other countries) that is called "freeing" (librerar in spanish) where the phone accepts any SIM card from any carrier.
    Is there a way to know the carrier? If it's "free", do I have to do the steps specified on the thread?
    08-07-20 01:34 PM
    I don't know the carrier of the device.
    I don't know if this is useful information but I will share it anyway just in case. There's something you can do here in Argentina (I don't know if it exists on other countries) that is called "freeing" (librerar in spanish) where the phone accepts any SIM card from any carrier.
    Is there a way to know the carrier? If it's "free", do I have to do the steps specified on the thread?
    I'm talking about the carrier or service provider you plan to use the phone with. BBOS phones require a special BlackBerry Internet Service.... the Carrier has to still support that for any BBOS phones to work as intended. You can use it without BIS, but it's even more limited....

The steps I linked are just for recovering from a NUKED or non-booting BBOS phone.... they don't go into activation and connection to networks.

I'm just saying if you end goal is a fully functional BBOS phone... you first need to know the service provider your going to use will support the phone. A lot of places don't. If you just want to play with it as a WiFi only device, then play around with getting it fixed.
    08-07-20 01:56 PM