Hi. Just got a 9900 'new' from ebay seller. I am trying to set up my gmail accounts. When I enter 'setup', under 'email accounts', the only option is for 'enterprise account' and it asks for details to be entered from a sys admin. There is no 'Internet Mail Account' option, which is what I believe should be there in order for me to setup my gmail accounts. Any advice please?
    Regards
    Stephen
    06-13-17 08:52 AM
    Have you activated BIS on your account with your carrier? Sounds like that phone was on BES setup.
    06-13-17 10:37 AM
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm with Giffgaff, and no i havn't activated BIS with them. I'm looking at doing that now. I have credit with them, but they say I need to buy a 'bundle' to activate BIS. I'll Go as far as I can and report back. Thanks again.
    Regards
    Stephen
    06-13-17 01:10 PM
    OK. I have set up BIS with my carrier, Giffgaff, but my 9900 still does not 'show' internet mail option in 'services'. Looks like my phone is still set up for BES, when I'm looking for the BIS option to enable me to set up my gmail accounts. Doe anyone know how I can enable the BIS on my phone, It is set up with my carrier but not with my phone.
    Regards
    Stephen
    MsGadjetty likes this.
    06-13-17 01:53 PM
    More progress. went to https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Ti...rry/td-p/92334
    Found the answer there, followed the steps and was then able to enter my gmail account into my BB990. Its still 'synchronising' as I type this, but things are looking positive. OK. I'm up and running with one of my gmail accounts. Looking good. Thanks for replies.
    Regards
    Stephen
    06-13-17 03:08 PM
    Same here, exactly the same problem.
    06-13-17 03:34 PM
    Its an easy fix, just install blackberry manager version 6 and then remove IT policy. make sure the bb desktop manager you download is version 6 as it seems bb removed this option on the newer desktop manager
    06-13-17 04:35 PM
    just found a thread that I used to remove the it policy - https://forums.crackberry.com/deskto...anager-693936/
    06-13-17 04:39 PM
    Hmm!. I've got version 7.1 . Looked online for version 6, but could not find a download link. Will version 6 add the option 'internet mail account' to my 'setup' menu, as now it only shows 'enterprise'?. I'm up and running with gmail now so it doesn't really matter, but I thought it would 'be nice' if my 9900 showed the option (internet mail account).
    06-13-17 11:27 PM
    Correction!!!!. Just checked my 9900 and now the 'enterprise' option is no longer there, just 'gmail', the giffgaff link/instructions fixed that. So I dont think I'll be needing version 6. Thanks and regards.
    Stephen
    06-13-17 11:31 PM
    HELLO MINE SAYS SAME THING.
    Google.come Home Page webpage role down to the bottom
    Click on Classic you will see All names g mail . Ect
    I you do have Google Account Right.........
    g mail account just set google.com *** your search Page
    07-18-17 04:07 PM