Hi everybody, this is my first ever post. Recently bought my unlocked, IT policy disabled 9900. I have done the tcp browser hack for all plans as I am on pre pay (limited data paln). For some reason Opera mini only works on wifi but the native browser works anytime, everywhere, (actually prefer the native browser). Soooo, I was wondering if any of you crackaddicts (sorry for the pun) could tell me if the native browser still uses compression data with my generic pre paid data plan, as I want to be as economic as possible. Also, does anybody know exactly what service books I require to run on the basics as I deleted all the WAP books, but not sure if I should have kept them or not as one site said that they need to be deleted, so I did. MANY MANY THANKS for your time and help in advance, any help will be much appreciated, Ben
    09-27-14 11:32 AM
    Hi everybody, this is my first ever post. Recently bought my unlocked, IT policy disabled 9900. I have done the tcp browser hack for all plans as I am on pre pay (limited data paln). For some reason Opera mini only works on wifi but the native browser works anytime, everywhere, (actually prefer the native browser). Soooo, I was wondering if any of you crackaddicts (sorry for the pun) could tell me if the native browser still uses compression data with my generic pre paid data plan, as I want to be as economic as possible. Also, does anybody know exactly what service books I require to run on the basics as I deleted all the WAP books, but not sure if I should have kept them or not as one site said that they need to be deleted, so I did. MANY MANY THANKS for your time and help in advance, any help will be much appreciated, Ben
    All data being used on a BBOS device (in your case most likely BBOS7.1) goes through a data compression server called BIS which is why the internet is dreadfully slow on the Bold. Even apps like facebook go through the compression servers. You don't need to use opera to compress data, even though your situation with Opera not working on the mobile network is weird.

To answer your question, yes the native browser compresses your data no matter what plan you are using it will go through the BIS servers no matter what internet service/app you use.

you should also be able to download a data tracker from your carrier (i'm using Rogers and I can download My Account that tracks my data), if you can't then there are 3rd party apps that will.
    09-27-14 02:23 PM