I have a Passport SE running 10.3.3, I have tried 2 different micro sd cards one is a 64GB Kingston sdxc and the other a 128GB Samsung Evo+.

I just purchased this Passport used, the 64GB card was previously used in my Priv and Keyone, working without any issue. I have tried restarting the phone several times, only to receive the same result. The card reads perfectly fine on my Windows 10 Laptop.

After inserting either card, I get the same message in the Hub, "media card problem go to storage settings for details". After going there and formatting the card, the message goes away. I am still left with only 15MB on either card after formatting completed.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
    03-26-19 01:37 PM
    I have a Passport SE running 10.3.3, I have tried 2 different micro sd cards one is a 64GB Kingston sdxc and the other a 128GB Samsung Evo+.

I just purchased this Passport used, the 64GB card was previously used in my Priv and Keyone, working without any issue. I have tried restarting the phone several times, only to receive the same result. The card reads perfectly fine on my Windows 10 Laptop.

After inserting either card, I get the same message in the Hub, "media card problem go to storage settings for details". After going there and formatting the card, the message goes away. I am still left with only 15MB on either card after formatting completed.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Format to FAT32.

ExFAT should work, but it's worth a shot.
    03-26-19 02:25 PM
    I am still left with only 15MB on either card after formatting completed.
    These were probably partitioned by the Android phones and the Passport is trying to use the only one it understands, which unfortunately is only 15MB.

The right Command-line Fu in Windows will be necessary to clear these cards. Windows Disk Manager won't do it.
    03-26-19 02:59 PM
    Format to FAT32.

ExFAT should work, but it's worth a shot.
    I formatted the card to FAT32 on my laptop and received the same result unfortunately.
    03-26-19 02:59 PM
    These were probably partitioned by the Android phones and the Passport is trying to use the only one it understands, which unfortunately is only 15MB.

The right Command-line Fu in Windows will be necessary to clear these cards. Windows Disk Manager won't do it.
    I did not use Windows Disk manager format the card to FAT32. I use a website called Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd

Not sure how to do what you described. Is it a simple process? I don't mind a challenge, however if it is very technical I might be better off just purchasing a new card.
    03-26-19 03:11 PM
    ... alternatively, if you still have the Priv -- put it back in and set the card up as "removable storage" and not part of the Android file system. You should see the full capacity after you format it. Also make sure the phone is not encrypting the card.
    03-26-19 03:22 PM
    ... alternatively, if you still have the Priv -- put it back in and set the card up as "removable storage" and not part of the Android file system. You should see the full capacity after you format it. Also make sure the phone is not encrypting the card.
    Thank you, very much. This suggestion worked perfectly.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    03-26-19 03:41 PM