Do the BlackBerry devices -the new ones support 4G VOLTE? In India right now, VOLTE is the new technology as far as mobile communication is concerned.With the arrival of Jio, everyone is now interested in 4G VOLTE.
    02-05-17 05:47 AM
    Highly doubt BlackBerry (BB10) has VoLTE Support in it's handsets !

VoLTE phone should have IMS settings in it's APN configuration.

Another way to check: If a phone UI is capable of displaying separate icons for LTE and UMTS(3G/4G), then it can be easier to tell if phone supports VoLTE -

When phone displays LTE icon, make a phone call - if the call is established and phone display still shows LTE then the voice call is VoLTE. However, if the phone display indicates phone switched to 3G/4G from LTE to establish the call then it did not implement VoLTE.

Many phones can support VoLTE feature, it's upto the carrier to have it enabled on their network and do interoperability testing on desired phones, so the carrier will need a lot of support from the phone OEM.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 07:00 AM
    They won't fully work with Jio, since they don't have the TD-LTE bands they use for most of their network.
    02-05-17 10:11 AM
    They won't fully work with Jio, since they don't have the TD-LTE bands they use for most of their network.
    Not even BB android ones? I thought they worked good!

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2205
    02-05-17 10:56 AM
    Not even BB android ones? I thought they worked good!

No, those are fine. BB10 isn't.
    02-05-17 10:58 AM
    No, those are fine. BB10 isn't.
    I think OP is asking about latest BB, in my guess it should be Blackdroids!

02-05-17 11:16 AM
    I think OP is asking about latest BB, in my guess it should be Blackdroids!

Those are sold in India?
    02-05-17 11:37 AM
    Those are sold in India?
    Yes...Amazon, Optiemus(onlymobiles), and many such online sellers sell it! All the 3 android BB!

02-05-17 11:41 AM
    Yes...Amazon, Optiemus(onlymobiles), and many such online sellers sell it! All the 3 android BB!

Well, in that case, for VoLTE/Jio/whatever, aim for the Asian models of the DTEK50/DTEK60/Priv, anything else won't cut it. I hope they fix whatever supply chain problems led to North American models ending up in India like in the Z10 days.
    02-05-17 11:51 AM
    So just to confirm, devices like the Passport and Classic are NOT VoLTE compatible?
    02-05-21 11:40 AM
    So just to confirm, devices like the Passport and Classic are NOT VoLTE compatible?
    Pretty much...
    02-05-21 12:00 PM
    Pretty much...
    No, That isn't true.. The Verizon Blackberry Z30 and Blackberry Classic are Volte compatible devices.. The blackberries from ATT and T-Mobile are not compatible unless you enable speaker phone or conference calling. All Blackberry Z10, Z30, and Classic are HD voice compatible... ONLY certain Verizon Blackberries have complete Volte calling. How you can tell is to remove your sim card from phone, reboot it and check your networking settings.. You should see IMS is disable . A lot of the network carriers will disable you from see this, so the only way to tell is to remove their from your phone.. And yes my blackberry still works fine even without the blackberry server running.
    02-08-22 05:13 PM
    No, That isn't true.. The Verizon Blackberry Z30 and Blackberry Classic are Volte compatible devices.. The blackberries from ATT and T-Mobile are not compatible unless you enable speaker phone or conference calling. All Blackberry Z10, Z30, and Classic are HD voice compatible... ONLY certain Verizon Blackberries have complete Volte calling. How you can tell is to remove your sim card from phone, reboot it and check your networking settings.. You should see IMS is disable . A lot of the network carriers will disable you from see this, so the only way to tell is to remove their from your phone.. And yes my blackberry still works fine even without the blackberry server running.
    IMS was added to the BB10 OS with 10.2 back in late 2013. This gave the phones the ability to support VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling. And, it worked with a lot of carriers around the world.

But not by AT&T (I'm not privy to how Verizon works). AT&T uses their own variations that needs certification by the carrier to work.

That's all there is to it. If you want to use AT&T, you need a phone AT&T will allow. It matters not if the phone supports VoLTE on a technical level.

BTW, my Z10 never had HD Voice when I used it on AT&T between 2013 to 2017. But as soon as I switched to a Galaxy S8, it did. It was like night and day talking to my wife who uses an iPhone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-08-22 07:04 PM
    This is the OLD Verizon HD Calling and will not work once Verizon shuts down 3G in December. My old Note 4 had the same Verizon HD Calling and is not compatible with the Verizon changes coming in December. The main usage for Verizon was to allow people to call and use data at the same time without the need for two radios in the phones.

VoLTE has is now at a different version for three US carriers and the old VoLTE is not compatible going forward. You don't need to take my word, call Verizon and talk to them and ask if your phone will have support after the 3G shutdown.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-08-22 08:46 PM
    Some things irritate me - probably because I have no idea :-)

In general, I can't see anything in the network settings regarding IMS - neither with nor without SIM.

Only when I activate the engineering screen! Then there is u.A. IMS and under IMS VoLTE.
    Of course I don't want to fumble anything there - so that the box doesn't **** :-)

What irritates me:
    I bought the Q10 from the Swiss SwissCom.
    But if I search through all settings in the engineering screen, I find under: "PIM"
    strange way information from "AT&T"
    THAT is what SwissCom should explain to me!

Under VoLTE I could, for example, specify an external path to / for settings at the top position / position - but I don't know what I could possibly change there - nor how / where the "path" should be...

The SwissCom technicians are of course absolutely NOT helpful!

Btw:
    to change the network to ONLY 4G, is only possible in the Engeneering Screen.
    The regular settings allow only 3G + 4G.

When i change it in the EScreen to Only 4G, i can't make call's of corse....

As always:
    I can still give up :-)
    Last edited by Ftmmsch; 01-18-23 at 02:09 PM.
    01-18-23 01:57 PM
    It's not a matter of did BB10 support VoLTE... it did.

It's a matter of does BB10 support TODAYS version of VoLTE... other than the Passport they do not. Most all pre-2014 phones are in the same boat.

Passport is an unknown, I've seen some that use T-Mobile say theirs stopped working and other say it still is. Of course T-Mobile still has 3G and 2G towers broadcasting, so some that say it (or other BB10 devices) still works... might simply still have a 2G or 3G connection.

Never was a CDMA (other than testing units) version of the Passport, so Verizon isn't a option to determine this. AT&T just shut off service to them, so not a good test either. Won't really know till T-Mobile fully ends their 3G and 2G networks. But in the end that should be a warning.... really doesn't matter, if your carrier decides it's not compatible for one reason or another.
    01-19-23 07:37 AM
    Some things irritate me - probably because I have no idea :-)

In general, I can't see anything in the network settings regarding IMS - neither with nor without SIM.

Only when I activate the engineering screen! Then there is u.A. IMS and under IMS VoLTE.
    Of course I don't want to fumble anything there - so that the box doesn't **** :-)

What irritates me:
    I bought the Q10 from the Swiss SwissCom.
    But if I search through all settings in the engineering screen, I find under: "PIM"
    strange way information from "AT&T"
    THAT is what SwissCom should explain to me!

Under VoLTE I could, for example, specify an external path to / for settings at the top position / position - but I don't know what I could possibly change there - nor how / where the "path" should be...

The SwissCom technicians are of course absolutely NOT helpful!

Btw:
    to change the network to ONLY 4G, is only possible in the Engeneering Screen.
    The regular settings allow only 3G + 4G.

When i change it in the EScreen to Only 4G, i can't make call's of corse....

As always:
    I can still give up :-)
    Seems like a lot of hassle.

At some point, it's time to give up trying to sledgehammer a square peg into a round hole and just get a phone that works with your carrier.

Life is too short.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    m3ach and Ph1llip like this.
    01-19-23 08:54 AM
    Crackberrians and blackberrians never give up. If there a will there is a way. We were born for work around s from day 1. Today no different. The saga continues. How to get back on the network work around?!?!

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
    01-21-23 11:34 AM
    Crackberrians and blackberrians never give up. If there a will there is a way. We were born for work around s from day 1. Today no different. The saga continues. How to get back on the network work around?!?!

Not really anymore with too many carriers
    01-21-23 12:27 PM

That's not a enjoyable way to live . There are SO many new, good, well priced phones around!
    01-21-23 12:44 PM
    That's not a enjoyable way to live . There are SO many new, good, well priced phones around!
    Surely and using one such. But we are crackberrians up for the challenge.

01-21-23 02:46 PM
    Surely and using one such. But we are crackberrians up for the challenge.

When technology has moved past what a device is physically able to do, all the confidence in the world ain't gonna make a difference.

You can jab a power cord into the side of a '76 Ford Pinto with all the "challenge" you can muster, but it just won't magically become an electric vehicle.

Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-21-23 04:37 PM
    When technology has moved past what a device is physically able to do, all the confidence in the world ain't gonna make a difference.

You can jab a power cord into the side of a '76 Ford Pinto with all the "challenge" you can muster, but it just won't magically become an electric vehicle.

LMFAO
    01-21-23 07:51 PM
    Ok. I get it. It will never be a new phone with today's tech.

01-21-23 08:49 PM
    Ok. I get it. It will never be a new phone with today's tech.

I think the term phone for these devices may be inaccurate fairly soon and therein lies the problem.

Great as a coffee table device and conversation piece but that’s about all.
    01-22-23 04:25 AM
26 12