Wonder what this means.

Z30 STL100-2; OS 10.2.1.2977
    Happened with a Ufone sim as well (4-5 months back) but disappeared when I put it again.

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.632
    10-13-14 06:42 AM
    I got the IMEI off of my friend's iPhone. Have logged a complaint on the helpline regarding the issue of 4GLTE. A technical person is supposed to call me back. I'm going to ask him or her activate the dummy IEMI against my number.

Moreover, I took my friend's SIM from another network (Mobilink) which is only offering 3G. My phone gave me the option of 4G in Network mode.

Attachment 305634

Attachment 305635

Wonder what this means.

YA I TRY THIS AND SHOW LIKE AS U its network fault not BB10 and Zong is not Resolve this they said..
    10-13-14 11:19 AM
    Moreover, I took my friend's SIM from another network (Mobilink) which is only offering 3G. My phone gave me the option of 4G in Network mode.
    So Mobilink allows the '4G & 3G & 2G' option (which disappears under Zong) to stay? That definitely means the Zong SIM is somehow affecting this network selection mode. Try the IMEI trick, see if it works. When the rep asks you, tell him/her you have an iPhone.

If this doesn't work, there is one last thing to try--the escreens. I really hope it doesn't come down to that.
    10-13-14 11:50 AM
    So Mobilink allows the '4G & 3G & 2G' option (which disappears under Zong) to stay? That definitely means the Zong SIM is somehow affecting this network selection mode. Try the IMEI trick, see if it works. When the rep asks you, tell him/her you have an iPhone.

If this doesn't work, there is one last thing to try--the escreens. I really hope it doesn't come down to that.
    Yes, Mobilink allows 4G & 3G & 2G to stay.
    Will do as you say and tell the rep that I have an iPhone. Still waiting for the call to come.

Really? What do you mean by escreens?

10-13-14 12:29 PM
    Really? What do you mean by escreens?
    Engineering screens (or escreens) is the powerful "hidden menu" that is sometimes accessed to find out/do some seriously technical stuff with your phone. They are hidden for a good reason--if you don't know what you're doing, it can brick the phone. You can read more about escreens here: How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

Specifically, we would have to do something like this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9/#post8390167
    Umaima_B_Dia and dosten like this.
    10-13-14 01:22 PM
    Engineering screens (or escreens) is the powerful "hidden menu" that is sometimes accessed to find out/do some seriously technical stuff with your phone. They are hidden for a good reason--if you don't know what you're doing, it can brick the phone. You can read more about escreens here: How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

Specifically, we would have to do something like this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9/#post8390167
    And here I am thinking generating fake IMEIs is badas*

Edit: soooo.... does it really brick the phone or can we revert back to its "default" settings?

I think this is a better route (for me) than to spend my brain and boil my blood over a guy who I am dead sure won't be able to fix the issue.

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.632
    dosten likes this.
    10-13-14 01:44 PM
    And here I am thinking generating fake IMEIs is badas*

Edit: soooo.... does it really brick the phone or can we revert back to its "default" settings?

I think this is a better route (for me) than to spend my brain and boil my blood over a guy who I am dead sure won't be able to fix the issue.

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.632
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I would rather do the escreen than waste my time telling the guy to register the IMEI of my phone which he/she would never be able to do.

10-13-14 02:00 PM
    I would really recommend you guys try the IMEI thing first, it's much low risk than escreens. But if escreens is what you want to do, search for threads with AT&T, BB10 and escreens. I'll look too, and post links here.
    Umaima_B_Dia and dosten like this.
    10-13-14 02:58 PM
    Sooo

I was wandering around... but my screen seems different from those who posted. I didn't touch anything - everything was all numbers and out of my domain.

This was the home screen:

4G not working on my Z30-img_20141014_013113.png

And this is one screen that had state of each band (I suppose?)

4G not working on my Z30-img_20141014_013032.png

I don't even know if it means anything, I was just wandering around to overcome my initial fear as someone else put it in a more scarier tone than Raino:

4G not working on my Z30-img_20141014_010358.png

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.632
    10-13-14 03:35 PM
    I would really recommend you guys try the IMEI thing first, it's much low risk than escreens. But if escreens is what you want to do, search for threads with AT&T, BB10 and escreens. I'll look too, and post links here.
    Okay, I got a call from a Zong technical person. Unfortunately, the IMEI cannot be manually provisioned. The SIM automatically picks up the handset IMEI and in their system it is only readable and cannot be altered. He also told me that since Zong has just recently launched 4GLTE they do not have all the bands of various phones fully incorporated in their system and will have them updated gradually. He also told me that he tried to do escreen on his Q10 and ended up bricking it. So I guess we'll have to wait it out until their system gets updated and has BB10 incorporated fully. I'm apprehensive now about doing escreen.

Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    10-14-14 05:21 AM
    Lolll yes, so was I after actually looking at the options.

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.632
    10-14-14 07:59 AM
    Okay, I got a call from a Zong technical person. Unfortunately, the IMEI cannot be manually provisioned. The SIM automatically picks up the handset IMEI and in their system it is only readable and cannot be altered. He also told me that since Zong has just recently launched 4GLTE they do not have all the bands of various phones fully incorporated in their system and will have them updated gradually. He also told me that he tried to do escreen on his Q10 and ended up bricking it. So I guess we'll have to wait it out until their system gets updated and has BB10 incorporated fully. I'm apprehensive now about doing escreen.
    Yes, please don't go into escreens if you're not fully comfortable.

Bummer to hear about Zong's IMEI processing. Sounds like the guy knew his stuff too. So now you wait.

At least your and umaima.b.zia's phones are LTE compatible, and Zong knows people are using LTE capable BB10 phones. Hopefully the employee you talked to has some sway. He didn't give a timeline, did he?
    10-14-14 09:12 AM
    Yes, please don't go into escreens if you're not fully comfortable.

Bummer to hear about Zong's IMEI processing. Sounds like the guy knew his stuff too. So now you wait.

At least your and umaima.b.zia's phones are LTE compatible, and Zong knows people are using LTE capable BB10 phones. Hopefully the employee you talked to has some sway. He didn't give a timeline, did he?
    Yes, it was a big dampener on all the excitement for me about 4GLTE. He didn't give any time line, though I'm hoping he would have highlighted the issue for early incorporation of BB10 into their system.

I've also heard that another carrier (Warid) is almost ready to launch 4GLTE in a couple weeks time. And they give full BlackBerry support. I'll just switch carriers as my number is originally from Warid and had my number ported to Zong. Too bad, Zong's going to lose one of its customer because of non availability of BlackBerry support because I'm not going to change my lifestyle and switch to another platform other than BlackBerry.

BlackBerry RULES!!!!

10-14-14 09:43 AM
    Thanks raino for all the help! Grateful.

Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    10-14-14 12:40 PM
    Thanks raino for all the help! Grateful.
    No problem. I wish the outcome would have been favorable here. Please do update this thread if/when you start getting LTE with Zong service.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    10-14-14 12:56 PM
    Yes, I will definitely.
    Cheers.

10-14-14 01:04 PM
    no problem. I wish the outcome would have been favorable here. Please do update this thread if/when you start getting lte with zong service.
    dear rainoand dosten i try to iphone 5 but 4glte is not working and i ask from zong on fb they said to me there 4G not working on my Z30-capture.jpg

and if he is front on me then i will seriously kill him what the f,,,k is that...if u r not able to support all 4g handsets then y will they launched 4glte i think thats is fraud to customers,,
    10-17-14 07:45 PM
    Yes, the phones ordered personally/commercially from abroad need to be approved (IMEI approved) by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), but there are certain issues:

- Phones before June 2014 should not have this issue
    - If after June 2014, then how was it purchased - personally or through an Apple reseller like 'Media Centre'
    - 4G is running fine with Dosten's friend's iPhone
    - Somehow, I doubt PTA is filtering the signals just for 4G - if approval were the issue, there would be no service at all.

A friend of mine is using an illegally smuggled Verizon device (which I doubt is approved by PTA), I could check my 4G on it but I am not willing to needlessly cut my sim to a nano. Anyway, if anyone is using a Moto Droid - check on it as well.

Edit: the purpose of the law is to curb terrorism as a lot of devices are used without IMEI.

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.632
    raino likes this.
    10-17-14 10:29 PM
    Huh. Why does the PTA need IMEIs? Shouldn't getting approval for each line of service suffice?

Regardless, I agree with the comment that if this was an IMEI registration issue, the phone would have no service. The lack of LTE is squarely on the carrier.
    10-17-14 10:39 PM
    Huh. Why does the PTA need IMEIs? Shouldn't getting approval for each line of service suffice?
    The point is to document devices being used in Pak. However, everyday users are facing more difficulties. Others are already bringing work arounds for it so not sure of its effectiveness:
    - If a person keeps the phone in the pocket, then it doesn't need to be documented; even if there are 10 phones
    - Asking the seller to label it something else and under pricing

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.632
    10-18-14 01:59 AM
    Yes, the phones ordered personally/commercially from abroad need to be approved (IMEI approved) by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), but there are certain issues:

- Phones before June 2014 should not have this issue
    - If after June 2014, then how was it purchased - personally or through an Apple reseller like 'Media Centre'
    - 4G is running fine with Dosten's friend's iPhone
    - Somehow, I doubt PTA is filtering the signals just for 4G - if approval were the issue, there would be no service at all.

A friend of mine is using an illegally smuggled Verizon device (which I doubt is approved by PTA), I could check my 4G on it but I am not willing to needlessly cut my sim to a nano. Anyway, if anyone is using a Moto Droid - check on it as well.

Edit: the purpose of the law is to curb terrorism as a lot of devices are used without IMEI.

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.632
    i already chked in motorolla droid razaor m its not working (4glte) zong csr are misguide to customers and activate the pakages of 4g bundle ...
    10-20-14 05:30 PM
    FINALLY >>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<
    I GOT 4G SHOW ON MY PHONE BUT I BOUGHT P7 HUWAIE AND ITS WORKING TOO GUD ,,,,,RAINO,DOSTEN AND umaima.b.zia
    10-22-14 11:41 AM
    FINALLY >>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<
    I GOT 4G SHOW ON MY PHONE BUT I BOUGHT P7 HUWAIE AND ITS WORKING TOO GUD ,,,,,RAINO,DOSTEN AND umaima.b.zia
    You gave up the BlackBerry device for Huawei P7 or you have both?
    Did you purchase Huawei P7 from Zong?

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.632
    10-22-14 12:21 PM
    You gave up the BlackBerry device for Huawei P7 or you have both?
    Did you purchase Huawei P7 from Zong?

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.632
    NO ITS COME FROM ABROAD AND FINALLY ITS WORKING ONLY P7 HUWAIE ASCEND NO BLACKBERRY...
    zONG wILL NOT RESOLVED THAT MAY BE THEY WILL START COMMERCIALLY WHOLE CITY WITH COVERAGE MAY BE ITS WORKING .BUT I DON'T HOPE SO THEY START ON BB.
    10-22-14 01:30 PM
    NO ITS COME FROM ABROAD AND FINALLY ITS WORKING ONLY P7 HUWAIE ASCEND NO BLACKBERRY...
    zONG wILL NOT RESOLVED THAT MAY BE THEY WILL START COMMERCIALLY WHOLE CITY WITH COVERAGE MAY BE ITS WORKING .BUT I DON'T HOPE SO THEY START ON BB.
    Okay. Thank you.

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.632
    10-22-14 04:25 PM
124 12345