Hi all, I'm an old BB fan who left for greener pastures after my BB Classic quickly fell out of date with the rest of the smartphone universe. I got a Note 4 used in 2016, and beyond the USB port failing (forcing me to rely on the fortunately easy to obtain replacement batteries and external chargers), the phone has treated me well. That said, it is now 2019, a five year old phone, and I am tempted to come back to BB. After all, I am already carrying my Bold 9930 again, which cannot make calls anymore as I cannot get a 3G sim for Verizon, and this is all for want of a PKB, so having one device to do it all would be nice. It all comes down to what I can get.

So here's my position:

1. I would be buying used/refurb off of ebay
    2. My goal is to have it last at least 3 years, ideally 4-5 years
    3. I would want to go cheaper if possible
    4. I am coming from a 3GB/32GB storage phone, and while my phone is a little sluggish, I am not that hungry for high performance
    5. I am still on Android 6.0 and have no concerns about getting newer versions, but knowing whether 7 or 8 would last that much longer would help me in my decision-making slightly (have not found an app I wanted to run yet that doesn't run on 6.0)
    6. I am concerned about the PKB, I hear the Key2 is much better keyboard, but that the LE has no capacitative touch, so dunno if I want BB without a cursor mode (the lack of good cursor for typing is a big drain for me with my Note 4).
    7. My current phone battery life is that it tends to last for only one waking day (12-18 hours). I would like to go better than that if possible.

What I would like to know:

1. Do you use a KeyOne or Key2 LE on Verizon?
    2. Was it a challenge to get going, or did you just slip your SIM in and roll (my Verizon sim is from 2015 in case its relevant to their network changes)
    3. How is the capacitative keyboard as far as cursor mode? Do you find it messes up your typing? Can you still do "swipe" typing on K1/K2LE (on the PKB or on screen)?
    4. Does either phone have much in the way of a repairable design? I replaced my Bold's keyboard once and it was very easy. Is either K1 or K2LE the same way?
    5. Is there still a cursor solution on Key2LE or is it the same kind of "pinch, drag, and pray" that all the slate phones have?

I can get a Verizon BBB-100-3 KeyOne for 230USD or so, or I can get a Verizon BBE-110-5 Key2 LE for about 330USD with shipping.

Based on all the information given, can you help me decide which is a better choice?
    04-01-19 03:13 PM
    Hi all, I'm an old BB fan who left for greener pastures after my BB Classic quickly fell out of date with the rest of the smartphone universe. I got a Note 4 used in 2016, and beyond the USB port failing (forcing me to rely on the fortunately easy to obtain replacement batteries and external chargers), the phone has treated me well. That said, it is now 2019, a five year old phone, and I am tempted to come back to BB. After all, I am already carrying my Bold 9930 again, which cannot make calls anymore as I cannot get a 3G sim for Verizon, and this is all for want of a PKB, so having one device to do it all would be nice. It all comes down to what I can get.

So here's my position:

1. I would be buying used/refurb off of ebay
    2. My goal is to have it last at least 3 years, ideally 4-5 years
    3. I would want to go cheaper if possible
    4. I am coming from a 3GB/32GB storage phone, and while my phone is a little sluggish, I am not that hungry for high performance
    5. I am still on Android 6.0 and have no concerns about getting newer versions, but knowing whether 7 or 8 would last that much longer would help me in my decision-making slightly (have not found an app I wanted to run yet that doesn't run on 6.0)
    6. I am concerned about the PKB, I hear the Key2 is much better keyboard, but that the LE has no capacitative touch, so dunno if I want BB without a cursor mode (the lack of good cursor for typing is a big drain for me with my Note 4).
    7. My current phone battery life is that it tends to last for only one waking day (12-18 hours). I would like to go better than that if possible.

What I would like to know:

1. Do you use a KeyOne or Key2 LE on Verizon?
    2. Was it a challenge to get going, or did you just slip your SIM in and roll (my Verizon sim is from 2015 in case its relevant to their network changes)
    3. How is the capacitative keyboard as far as cursor mode? Do you find it messes up your typing? Can you still do "swipe" typing on K1/K2LE (on the PKB or on screen)?
    4. Does either phone have much in the way of a repairable design? I replaced my Bold's keyboard once and it was very easy. Is either K1 or K2LE the same way?
    5. Is there still a cursor solution on Key2LE or is it the same kind of "pinch, drag, and pray" that all the slate phones have?

I can get a Verizon BBB-100-3 KeyOne for 230USD or so, or I can get a Verizon BBE-110-5 Key2 LE for about 330USD with shipping.

Based on all the information given, can you help me decide which is a better choice?
    Pay the extra $100 for the LE as VZW CDMA on the KEYone is not as future proof. Also, the LE is officially certified and supported on VZW and the KEYone was certified at introduction but something changed and it’s stuck on Nougat 7.1 when the non CDMA KEYone were given Oreo 8.1 eventually. At this point, based on stated criteria, you don’t really even have a choice.
    04-01-19 03:47 PM