So far I'm getting the impression that 10.3.2 has annoying issues of its own -- I still can't understand from the posts what its big advantage is supposed to be over 10.3.1.

The update introduces a "kill switch" -- but what's the big advantage of that over what BlackBerry Protect already does with 10.3.1?

Some people have referred to a perceived reduction in double-strikes. But maybe they're just poor typists. I've read it takes a couple of days "for battery life to stabilize" -- how does this represent an advantage over not doing the update? Sounds like a pain in the ***. Why would I want to destabilize my battery for an update with vague advantages?

Is there any definitive information -- i.e. 10.3.2 does this, this, this and this specific thing that 10.3.1 does not do?

If the advantages of 10.3.2 over 10.3.1 are so ambiguous/hard to define, I guess the question is answered.

Posted via CB10
    At the least, it represents a few more months of OS development: 10.3.1 development stopped on April 1 (although most people are using early March builds). 10.3.2.2339 is from Jun23.

The only real new feature is the kill switch addition to BlackBerry Protect. All further development went into bug fixes.

The kill switch simply requires the user to input the EXISTING BlackBerry ID upon setting up again after an autoloader or a security wipe. This prevents a thief the ability to use the device - making it useless, and would therefore eliminate any benefit from phone theft.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-25-15 12:21 PM
    Is there any definitive information -- i.e. 10.3.2 does this, this, this and this specific thing that 10.3.1 does not do?
    I have never seen a comprehensive side-by-side comparison for any BB software release. I think you will have to produce your own comparison for 10.3.2 vs. 10.3.1. If you do, please share with us. I am certain that you will find an appreciative audience.

There could be the possible case of 10.3.2 does not do this, this, ... that 10.3.1 used to. It annoys me when they delete my favorite features, until my memory of them dims and I become accustomed to their absence.
    07-25-15 01:24 PM
    Haven't updated my Classic yet. Is there any particular reason to do so? What's wrong with 10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    Do you plan on staying with 10.3.1 for the rest of your phones life time? Then why ask a question like this? Obviously it's a newer OS... I DL and install every leaked OS that becomes available, whether the current one is fine or not. Why, because it's exciting to see all the new features, or if it fixes something from the previous one.
    I let verizon update my phone to their official version, but find the current leak I'm on to be much better.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    07-25-15 02:14 PM
    Obviously the thing is newer. What's not in the least obvious so far is whether the thing is better.

Some of us are a lot less interested in being "excited" by "new features" (so far, the only tangible new feature seems to be this "kill switch") than in avoiding the headache of "upgrading" to a newer OS just because it's newer, only to find out that the new OS is actually a downgrade. I don't find operating systems "exciting" and I have no wish to be "excited" by my BlackBerry. All I want is predictability and reliability. And I don't want to trade a perfectly good OS for a potentially problematic one.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 04:04 PM
    Obviously the thing is newer. What's not in the least obvious so far is whether the thing is better.
    Ample anecdotal evidence in these threads indicate that the thing is snappier, buttery smooth, runs cooler, etc. The only logical conclusion is that the thing must be better.
    Last edited by eywong; 07-25-15 at 06:41 PM.
    07-25-15 04:32 PM

Some of us are a lot less interested in being "excited" by "new features" (so far, the only tangible new feature seems to be this "kill switch") than in avoiding the headache of "upgrading" to a newer OS just because it's newer, only to find out that the new OS is actually a downgrade. I don't find operating systems "exciting" and I have no wish to be "excited" by my BlackBerry. All I want is predictability and reliability. And I don't want to trade a perfectly good OS for a potentially problematic one.

Posted via CB10
    So why even post and ask about it then? Smh. I'm on 2339. It's great and better than ever. If a new OS was available and it was only 2342 (which is how sequential OSes are numbered) I would not hesitate to load it. Not one second. I don't have to ask others how it is, or what's better? I just load it and have never regretted loading any leaked OS. Heck 99% of leaked OSes become official anyway.

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    conite and jdesignz like this.
    07-25-15 05:44 PM
    I don't find operating systems "exciting" and I have no wish to be "excited" by my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    But yet you go out of your way to actively engage with the BlackBerry enthusiast community to discuss a new OS.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-25-15 05:47 PM
    I'm not going too far out of my way -- the thing is right in my hand.

Pretty much all I have read here so far are some ambiguous allusions to buttery smoothness or snappiness -- whatever that is -- and this defending of newness for newness' sake, without very much basis other than some slavish enthusiasm for whatever is newest.

What I wanted was a factual comparison of the two systems, based on specifics, as opposed to a blind compulsion to grab whatever is newest on the assumption that it must be better.

Based on what I've read here so far, the update is "snappy", "buttery" and has a kill switch. I think the Edsel also had those features.

And I'm a BlackBerry enthusiast too -- that's why I use one. But I'm more enthusiastic about proven reliability than newness.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 08:38 PM
    What I wanted was a factual comparison of the two systems, based on specifics, as opposed to a blind compulsion to grab whatever is newest on the assumption that it must be better.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry rarely releases change logs. All you will get is anecdotal evidence buried within the noise of installation method variability, user preference, and user error.

If you don't believe that any of the bug fixes BlackBerry has introduced over the dozens of 10.3.2 builds they have produced will affect you, then I suppose you should stay where you are.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Last edited by conite; 07-25-15 at 09:24 PM.
    07-25-15 09:05 PM
    Yes, I see.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 09:20 PM
    Sign in to BlackBerry Protect. In the event your phone goes missing, you can: view location of device, play a sound on your device, display a message on your device (which will also password lock your phone), password lock the device (and change the password as well if you'd like), wipe the device, or flag device as stolen (which permanently erases all data on the device).

Posted with my  Classic
    Thanks for replying. How is this a 10.3 thing? It's been around forever.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 10:24 PM
    Thanks for replying. How is this a 10.3 thing? It's been around forever.

Posted via CB10
    See my post #26

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-25-15 10:26 PM
    Someone was writing on this forum about 4G problems with a new update - a serious battery drain or something. Otherwise, there has been no negative feedback

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 02:00 AM
    I wish someone made a video of every leak and talk about new features.

10.3.2 also brings fixed Calendar, security patches.

They add features that many people don't use, but they don't fix UI, which is what everyone sees. But they should
    07-26-15 06:31 AM
    BlackBerry rarely releases change logs. All you will get is anecdotal evidence buried within the noise of installation method variability, user preference, and user error.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Or then there's this:

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/bl...bd&o=10‎

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 08:46 AM
    Or then there's this:

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/bl...bd&o=10‎

Posted via CB10
    It's general, and not specific to any particular build. But it may at least convince you to move to 10.3.2.

Here is BlackBerry's release notes page:

http://help.blackberry.com/en/release-notes/latest/

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Last edited by conite; 07-26-15 at 09:47 AM.
    07-26-15 09:22 AM
    To just answer the question of the post, it is worth upgrading to 10.3.2 because it is no real trouble to upgrade.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-26-15 09:33 AM
    Double post
    07-26-15 09:34 AM
    To just answer the question of the post, it is worth upgrading to 10.3.2 because it is no real trouble to upgrade.
    I just find from experience it's better not to fix it if it ain't broke.
    07-26-15 09:41 AM
    one word....yes
    07-26-15 10:33 AM
    The 10.3.2 has has fixed the face detection the auto focus I've seeing that the battery is better and the phone is not warming up like the 10.3.1.And I found ones when I did a reebot that my q10 opens an android app faster is not showing the green bar any more for a while its just opens the up right away so for me it's better than 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 02:21 AM
    Thanks, Thodoris. I have done the update, more than anything just to get rid of the annoying notifications. All is well so far and everything is working properly, nothing is giving trouble, so my expectations are met.

I can't say I had noticed that my Classic actually got hot, but I will look forward to see whether the battery life seems better -- it was already excellent.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 12:03 PM
    Are steroids more trouble than its worth?

Definitely, yes.

But 10.3.2 isn't. It is more of an upgrade to meet user satisfaction. To fix what have to be fixed from its previous builds. To expand, to be better, and to be a reliable OS to its competitors. That's what is an update all about. It keeps growing and growing.

Just like 'life'. We update/upgrade ourselves everyday to become a better person for today and tomorrow. And I know that you and everyone here knows, it's totally worth it, worth living.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-27-15 01:47 PM
    nothing. and there's nothing wrong with 10.3.2 either. Many of us use it and there's nothing wrong.
    Yip, exactly. With regards to the OP (little off topic)

I own a Macbook Pro which is currently running mavericks, I decided not to update to Yosemite and have also decided not to update to El Capitan not because I'm scared about having problems but because the OS I'm running right now is working perfectly so why change.

OS 10.3.2 doesn't offer much extra in the form of features, but does add some bug fixes and camera improvements.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    07-27-15 02:52 PM
    Are steroids more trouble than its worth?

Definitely, yes.

But 10.3.2 isn't. It is more of an upgrade to meet user satisfaction. To fix what have to be fixed from its previous builds. To expand, to be better, and to be a reliable OS to its competitors. That's what is an update all about. It keeps growing and growing.

Just like 'life'. We update/upgrade ourselves everyday to become a better person for today and tomorrow. And I know that you and everyone here knows, it's totally worth it, worth living.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    I'm not sure about the steroids analogy. But when it comes to equating a smartphone operating system to life itself, this is a bit much. There seems to be a philosophy gap between those of us for whom an OS is this thing you need so your phone will continue to work properly, and those for whom it's some kind of exciting new adventure.

If there's a chance, even a small chance, that updating the OS will cause problems -- and you can read about them in the various forums, then that gives some of us pause -- and with good reason.

Any system is suspect from the get-go if there's an assumption that it's normal that it should have to be reworked every few months. Some people see this as responsiveness and innovation. And it may be in some small part. But mostly it's change to keep you changing, occupied with changing, or anticipating the next change.

And that's just the software.

The truly remarkable thing is this almost religious fervor for updates for their own sake -- whether or not they're better than the existing/previous version, even whether or not they may bring problems of their own that the predecessor system did not have.

Not all updates are upgrades. I'm no computer wizz, but I seem to remember that people who just had to rush out and "upgrade" to Vista soon found it wasn't an upgrade at all -- but just a change, and not a good one.

As it turns out, I did do the update and everything seems fine. But for the few tiny noticeable changes it brought, none of them make the update worth downloading for an hour and I'm just relieved it seems not to have messed anything up.

I think most of us value predictability and reliability most, and have little interest in change for the sake of change. We just may not usually be so vocal.

As for competing with other operating systems, I don't see how BlackBerry has any competition. They are the only company making a smartphone that is a top-of-the-line writing and communications device. The others seem to be various kinds of jazzy cameras/mini TV-game consoles, with communications and writing functions being very distant afterthoughts.

They're the last ones BlackBerry should be copying.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 08:30 PM
53 123