I was very pleased to see, on 10.3.2, a Gmail account on my phone started showing Read Filed messages instead of hiding them. One of the most obvious Hub bugs had finally been fixed!

Now I, enthusiastically, updated my Q10 as well. And suddenly tht didn't show Filed Emails after all. Going back to my Passport, suddenly Filed Emails also started disappearing from the Hub again.

I've checked the settings and I can't find anything wrong/changed, any ideas?

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed | BB Social → C0007CC89
    09-20-15 12:31 PM
    Any feedback here? I was SO sure filed emails started appearing for Gmail, was I just dreaming?

10-02-15 07:16 PM
    All fine here. Filed stay filed and are hidden. Y are aware of the setting to show/hide them, right?
    10-02-15 07:54 PM
    All fine here. Filed stay filed and are hidden. Y are aware of the setting to show/hide them, right?
    Yes my setting is to "Show Read Filed" messages. I want them to appear, but they never actually show and are always Hidden, regardless of the settings. This has been a problem with Gmail accounts forever, but I was almost positive 10.3.2 fixed it.

But then a day later they were hidden again... :\

10-02-15 08:25 PM
    Just to test, I changed my setting to show filed messages on my Passport. It took quite a while, but it worked. A ton of filed Gmail messages showed in the Hub. Tested on my Z30 -- same results, filed Gmail messages show/hide depending on that toggle.

So, I'm not sure what your problem is, but we know it can work as expected.

Perhaps you could try this? Set the toggle to show filed messages. Delete your Gmail account, reboot, then add the Gmail account again.
    10-03-15 07:50 AM
    I had a similar problem with Gmail on both my Z30 and Passport SE. If I sent myself a Gmail message, and deleted the sent message, the received message would also disappear. BlackBerry helpdesk couldn't explain it. I think it's because gmail classifies messages by "conversations," and so if the user deletes the "root" email, other related emails are also deleted.

Posted using my BlackBerry Stainless Steel Passport SE (and I also have the BlackBerry Z30).
    10-03-15 08:01 AM
    @ Tony: mine is not really a problem of deleted mails. If I open the Folders, or Search for the emails I can see them fine, but they don't show up in the Main hub/email view.

I'll give removing and rebooting a try later. Another thing I remembered is it worked when my Passport was just on 10.3.2, but then I updated my Q10 to the new OS and from then on it stopped working for both devices. Probably a coincidence, just something that popped into my mind.

I hope it's not some obscure Gmail setting I've changed at some point, if the rebooting+removing doesn't solve it I might have to go by all those settings one by one... :'(

10-04-15 06:35 AM
    Just to test, I changed my setting to show filed messages on my Passport. It took quite a while, but it worked.
    I've done the following: remove test account (one with very few emails to sync). Reboot device. Add account again. Sync all folders.

Go into Hub, File an email to any folder. Email disappears from Main view.

Still no difference with before. I've also looked at the IMAP settings Google side and for the life of me I cannot find any setting that might interfere here.

10-04-15 01:00 PM
    I don't know if this solves your issue, but please try to understand...

You can specify which foler is shown in the hub.
    That is called "synch" folder.

So in the hub, type on the arrow down at the end of "Google" and you "see" the folders.
    Please accept my privacy and I would make the example for my /Spam folder here...

Once you type on the account name, on the bar of the hub, then "long press" on the folder you want to be shown/hidden:

10.3.2: Filed Emails started showing, but suddenly disappeared again?!-img_20151004_200305.png

Then, chose the option to synch...

The "synched" folders are shown in the hub. If not synched, it remains hidden.

Sorry, I could not explain better.
    Attached Thumbnails 10.3.2: Filed Emails started showing, but suddenly disappeared again?!-img_20151004_200316.png  
    Last edited by anischab; 10-04-15 at 02:44 PM.
    10-04-15 01:07 PM
    I always did it as above... I just tried Options and Display and Action, as well as hub management and I did not find an alternative.
    10-04-15 01:14 PM
    So here is the folder list, all are set to Sync:
    10.3.2: Filed Emails started showing, but suddenly disappeared again?!-2.jpg
    This is what it should look like, with the two new Filed Emails at the top (got them when re-adding the acount). Had to start a search before they appear in the main list:
    10.3.2: Filed Emails started showing, but suddenly disappeared again?!-3.jpg
    Yet from the main view by default these are still hidden:
    Attachment 374408

I also have an Outlook account set up, and there Filed emails DO follow the Hub settings, filed emails visible in main view:
    Attachment 374407

10-04-15 01:36 PM
    Yes my setting is to "Show Read Filed" messages. I want them to appear, but they never actually show and are always Hidden, regardless of the settings. This has been a problem with Gmail accounts forever, but I was almost positive 10.3.2 fixed it.

But then a day later they were hidden again... :\

I had exactly the same problem with Gmail on both my Z30 and Passport. BlackBerry helpline said it was a setting in Gmail. Not so sure....

Posted using my BlackBerry Stainless Steel Passport SE (and I also have the BlackBerry Z30).
    10-06-15 07:45 PM
    Does it work for you now tony? Did they tell you to change anything?

I reloaded the entire OS yesterday, no backups, everything set up fresh. Still no luck. :/

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    10-07-15 02:06 AM
    Follow up: would anyone that does see Read Filed emails for Gmail tell me which of the default folders they have sync'ed through IMAP (Google settings not device)?

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    10-07-15 12:21 PM