I got notification that my BlackBerry was upgrading to new version of OS (didn't see option to decline) it took forever since it kept asking me to delete stuff cos I was out of storage.
    Message said it's a 194MB file, then a few times it told me to delete 640 MB, and then 582 MB and finally asked for 2GB. I deleted and moved a lot but it shows I only have 1GB available.

I even received one notification confirming upgrade was completed, before they asked for that 2 GB, and now my BlackBerry HUB is GONE!!!

Really? Why so many upgrades? If it ain't broke don't fix it. Stop trying to copy Apple.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 09:11 AM
    Some carriers are making the upgrade mandatory. In the states this update installs the California security required software. Not sure why it would be mandatory in Canada.
    07-22-15 10:47 AM
    I got notification that my BlackBerry was upgrading to new version of OS (didn't see option to decline) it took forever since it kept asking me to delete stuff cos I was out of storage.
    Message said it's a 194MB file, then a few times it told me to delete 640 MB, and then 582 MB and finally asked for 2GB. I deleted and moved a lot but it shows I only have 1GB available.

I even received one notification confirming upgrade was completed, before they asked for that 2 GB, and now my BlackBerry HUB is GONE!!!

Really? Why so many upgrades? If it ain't broke don't fix it. Stop trying to copy Apple.

Posted via CB10
    I did a manual search for update before I cleared some space and it started downloading and installing on its own. I could have kept it on a different setting to prevent this but I was able to delete some files (any APK in my phones' download folder was safe to delete) several apps that I can download again later and deleting some videos from cache tube seemed to do the trick all while it was processing. While in process I got my free space up to 1.2GB (my file was listed as 408 MB or so) and once complete and rebooted it my free space was up to about 3GB. So the system sounds like it needs about 3GB in space including temporary space to revert to the old OS if something goes wrong with the update.

NOTE: Deleting the "CrackBerry" app has always been a great way to free up space and re-download again afterwards. Other than re-entering your log-in credentials I've never noticed a downside to deleting this app to free up space.

Hopefully my next Z30 replacement will come with 64GB+ of onboard HDD space to help avoid this issue.
    07-22-15 10:58 AM
    OK, so your phone was set to automatically update.
    07-22-15 11:29 AM
    Well, I bit the bullet, deleted tons of apps, then waited forever for the file to download, especially since my router keeps kicking my phone off, but it's fixed now, and now it's time to reinstall the apps, maybe I don't need them all back...

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 05:43 PM