I recently purchased a Motorola G7 plus and tried Cobalt's excellent Blackberry Manager - bringing the BlackBerry love to other Android devices ;
    I have a Priv for my sins and Z30 before that.

What has been driving me nuts is sound feedback in the virtual Blackberry keyboard .
    All seems fine at first then somewhere along the line the sounds will start to go all quiet and soft and barely audible, even if ๐Ÿ”” ring volume is raised to max but which recover a little later on before going quiet again!! ๐Ÿ˜•

At this stage it affects other system sounds , making touch or notification sounds suffer the same volume flux from soft to loud.
    Clearing the keyboard app data affects a temporary remedy and a reboot is needed anyhow.

Switching keyboard to Gboard before a reboot shows the fault has affected this app too BUT ordinarily G Board nor Swift key have this fault with the sound feedback they use, only BlackBerry on this Motorola G7 + running Android Pie (also has Dolby Audio which can't be defeated).

The problem has been manifest in Instagram (at first my suspected culprit) but WhatsApp showed same problem. I swear the BlackBerry VKB was fine before the latest Instagram update ๐Ÿ™„

Booting in Safe Mode with G-board as vkb shows not problem whatsoever.

I performed a factory reset on my phone and only installed WhatsApp and Instagram. Updates of supplied Google software and Motorola apps were a priority before social media.

The BlackBerry VKB still won't play ball with sound feedback engaged.

Anyone of the Google apps or Motorola apps could have scuppered the BlackBerry VKB yet others e.g. Swift Key (upon which the BlackBerry VKB is based) are 100% fine.

There is no way I can go with haptic or no sound.

Deleting the BlackBerry VKB and rebooting restores system sound stability. Earlier releases of BlackBerry VKB (see repository in BlackBerry Manager make no difference.)

The Motorola G7 plus has a lot to offer so I won't be ditching the phone.

What the heck is going on? Over to you Bla1ze ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    07-27-19 02:35 PM
    Over to you Bla1ze
    No idea. Don't have a Motorola G7 Plus or any need to even use Cobalt's apps. Your question is better suited for someone who actually uses the apps as it seems specific to Cobalt's offerings.
    07-29-19 01:49 PM