Is there?
    02-24-20 07:52 AM
    Is there?
    Not anymore than any other Android device.
    02-24-20 07:54 AM
    Yes and no..... there are a number of "free" VPN solutions for Android.

But in the end there is no such thing as "free".... Why would someone give away bandwidth and server access?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-24-20 08:11 AM
    Is there?
    I agree with "Dunt Dunt Dunt". You get what you pay for.
    I bought a 3 year subscription to NordVPN when it went on sale.
    Do a search for the top VPN services and compare. Many will have subscription sales.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-24-20 08:23 AM
    IMO the best "free" VPN is Proton VPN. It's a legit freemium offer from one of the most trusted VPN providers when it comes to privacy.

Their paid plans are a bit pricey, and their performance isn't top of the class, but if security and privacy are your goals, and if you're only securing a single device, it's a solid free option.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    02-24-20 09:04 AM
    IMO the best "free" VPN is Proton VPN. It's a legit freemium offer from one of the most trusted VPN providers when it comes to privacy.

Their paid plans are a bit pricey, and their performance isn't top of the class, but if security and privacy are your goals, and if you're only securing a single device, it's a solid free option.

Okay, I'll give that VPN a try, I'll install it and try it out when I get home tonight.
    02-24-20 09:18 AM
    Okay, I'll give that VPN a try, I'll install it and try it out when I get home tonight.
    It is a freemium service that is designed to get you started....

But they do limit you to three servers which can be a latency issue as well as the cap the speed and even prioritize it for paid users. And it limits you to those markets, that and other limits (P2P support) that aren't part of the paid options..

Give it a try and see if it meets your needs, if not, you might want to try one of their paid services.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-24-20 09:44 AM
    It is a freemium service that is designed to get you started....

But they do limit you to three servers which can be a latency issue as well as the cap the speed and even prioritize it for paid users. And it limits you to those markets, that and other limits (P2P support) that aren't part of the paid options..

Give it a try and see if it meets your needs, if not, you might want to try one of their paid services.
    Yes to all of these. But it is the only free option I know that uses completely open source code, does not require any ID or payment card info (zero knowledge), has published the results of a third party security audit, and is based in a country (Switzerland) with strong privacy protections.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-24-20 02:06 PM
    Avoid free or cheap VPNs -- they have been demonstrated to be anything but private and secure.
    I'd give Proton's evaluation service a try. However, as the Duntster warned, it may not work when you travel - and if you travel to a location that blocks VPN sites you may not be able to download the full version when you need it the most.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-24-20 02:12 PM