11-06-19 09:10 PM
27 12
tools
    Blaize,

I hope this finds you well. I will continue to hope and pray for a new all-touch BlackBerry phone. However, I am not holding my breath. So, I am up for a new Phone, currently on the S8+, what do you recommend?

And what are you using?

Happy Thanksgiving!
    10-13-19 04:59 PM
    I'm using right now a Note 10+ as my main device, and an iPhone X as my secondary one. Just be aware this order can change at any time without any advice
    10-13-19 05:04 PM
    I got the K2 a few months ago. A lot of people complained about the keyboard but I really like it. My wife switChed from the K2 to the S10 for and hates it for typing on. Probably because she types pining.
    10-13-19 06:41 PM
    Blaize,

I hope this finds you well. I will continue to hope and pray for a new all-touch BlackBerry phone. However, I am not holding my breath. So, I am up for a new Phone, currently on the S8+, what do you recommend?

And what are you using?

Happy Thanksgiving!
    I just switch from my silver KEY2 to a red edition KEY2. But if you're looking for a full touch device, any of the new Samsung S10 and Note devices are solid choices given you're already familiar. Kind of depends on how much you're willing / wanting to spend really.
    10-14-19 01:56 PM
    Company is paying, so I will probably try a Note10 this time. Any guess at when a K3 will be released?

Thanks for the suggestion.
    10-14-19 02:21 PM
    Company is paying, so I will probably try a Note10 this time. Any guess at when a K3 will be released?

Don't count on it.
    10-14-19 02:23 PM

Probably between now and never.
    10-14-19 04:46 PM
    Ouch.
    10-14-19 07:01 PM
    Is it just me or is it boring to go phone shopping these days?
    givechanceachance likes this.
    10-14-19 07:03 PM
    Blaize,

And what are you using?

Happy Thanksgiving!
    I use a passport as a (get away phone). I have a Key2 and it is rock solid. I also use a priv when I want a great screen. My Apple I phone 8+ is a work horse, it is the best of both worlds. It does it what I need well and is bullet proof. One advantage to Apple over Android is very simple. Apple supports their phones for years while Android maybe 2 OS updates then poof.
    10-14-19 07:49 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. For some reason I have never liked iOS, but maybe it's time to take another look. Although I feel dirty just saying it.
    10-14-19 07:52 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. For some reason I have never liked iOS, but maybe it's time to take another look. Although I feel dirty just saying it.
    I feel the same way. But you have to give the devil his due. The I phone today is and I hate saying this, one of the best OS systems around. I picked the 8 so I still had the button. Not a big fan of facial recognition. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
    TgeekB and elfabio80 like this.
    10-14-19 07:58 PM
    Many here have found that iOS is very usable....

Best thing to do is talk to your friends, work/class mates and family... see what they are using, how they like their phones and see if they'll show them to you.

I used three different Android phones after BB10... just got an iPhone XR a few weeks ago - both have their pros and cons. But I'd go for a newer ones without the button - that's a dead end, no since getting use to something that won't be around anymore.
    10-15-19 10:51 AM
    This was a thing until BlackBerryMo sued the heck out of this startup....

Suggestion for a new phone?-bb.jpg

For me I am considering the Titan or any sequel/fok from it.

However I prefer something more locked down. Nokia has a couple options however nothing qwerty.

For an all slate option maybe Sonim XP7 or XP8....it will outlast you.
    10-17-19 06:18 PM
    Why? Is it maybe leftover from many years ago? Things change over time and iOS has really come a long way with gestures, excellent cameras, good battery life, etc. Of course they are “locked down” but that means a smooth, easy to use OS that has excellent security yet all the apps you need. Only you can decide if it is right for you. You can get an Xr for a very affordable price.
    Good luck!
    10-17-19 06:54 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	446497

However I prefer something more locked down. Nokia has a couple options however nothing qwerty.

I had used this Typo PKB case with an iPhone SE and... it made typing on that tiny slab bearable. I had the gen 1 which is of course a direct rip-off of the Q10's keyboard, but it's also the only one that gives a sort-of accurate typing experience. The gen 2 cases sucked (I owned all of them)
    givechanceachance likes this.
    10-17-19 09:06 PM
    I would advice you to give a chance. I bought in July an iPhone 7 plus new for a good price. It is really solid, great battery life, smooth..... Only negative point is that it is a bit heavy....otherwise amazing.
    10-18-19 12:49 AM
    do they want a sellable device or a quirky one

ifitis sellable
    the
    trend
    goes
    to
    streaming

thisis why they need 5g with extreme enery efficiency

rational of the isp s dataplans shifted increasingly towhat
    is whatthe customers want

-isp rational is likely heavily market realm dependent and this 5g + energy efficient highquality streaming is my bold guess

-all goes towards gpu computing the apps and platforms will increasingly implement it, thisis the power of ai tensorflowlike platforms and this depends if the developers will use these more but it can make also a powerful salespitch for gaming which is not a priority. but the ai gpu based functions inapps
    is another bold guess

-get! teh! message! through!!!! and if they burry the device then getit thtrough with neutrino radio. when you throw it into the water or sma**** ontheground get. them message through. honestly id gladly pay tenbucks more toget a safe set of REALTIME servers extra secured privileged datalines. so the sent stuff is not just safe, and yup he sent it at that moment. but thatit also gets through nomatter what. any bull**** with imageuploads and allthe reception bs all not good. sero bull**** get the message through. here too a 5g is not a contradiction evenif the spots available are rare yet sincethey require massive broadband cable installments dueto limited range

-busines willneed actual apps. thereisno wayaroundit. youwillneed defintiely an actual setofapps withtheir update terrors. implies a qnx knox android10 version security critical thenext 5-10years

-make a mail putout in two seconds. three. from unlock to typed to delivered. most ofthe stuff humans do is prettymuchthe same. no menu hassles long adress searches blah but these are just my priorities

-most wouldwant that the battery doesnt suck after a day ie the median mostly mustbe a 3yearold battery in mostly typical conditions whichis not usually 20degrees room comfort.

-most would argue about how scratches and dropdown damage is handled. the cheaper it feels the worseitis but a
    feel highquality is a very goodbonus and a requirement.

-a shoddier feelcheap they dothat usually where q10 got q5 , 9000 got 8520 but they cannot start with a feel cheap one - anobrainer as waterproof keyboard and productivitykeys

-MOST would weep for a superior camera set, isay scan the chow for bad hygiene and youdont want to eat deathsticks from a sicko. you want to store secretly where the catapult came from.‎ realtime ifwanted delayed privately. radar chips helps but cam helps. bad light cam iswhatmost say
    10-18-19 06:35 AM
    which is of course a direct rip-off of the Q10's keyboard
    Did it rip off the double-typing as well?
    10-18-19 04:49 PM
    lol
    10-18-19 09:44 PM
    Did it rip off the double-typing as well?
    No lol, however the keys are so loud it makes the KEY2 spacebar sound like a silent button
    10-20-19 12:59 AM
    pixel 3a is great and the price is👌
    10-20-19 08:53 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	446497

Wasn't this Ryan Seacrest's thing?
    10-20-19 10:05 PM
    the display. it.. has the.. wrong colors, so i threw it away. and gotme a new one with better display colors and
    10-21-19 09:36 AM
    Wasn't this Ryan Seacrest's thing?
    Yes.
    10-21-19 11:32 AM
27 12