02-12-19 09:34 AM
69 123
tools
    If you want it to be fixed immediately, just remove yourself from the beta program, uninstall BBM updates, and then allow it to update again to the production version.
    Did this and all is back to normal so it appears... BBM is working and I get the BBM Tone Notification along with the LED notification.

All is good now... 👍

Bob
    12-11-18 11:46 AM
    Haha wow. My tones don't save. It keeps reverting to a string of numbers that don't point to a sound file so notifications just play the default system notification sound. How did this get past the beta testers? Sad.
    12-13-18 07:45 PM
    Haha wow. My tones don't save. It keeps reverting to a string of numbers that don't point to a sound file so notifications just play the default system notification sound. How did this get past the beta testers? Sad.
    I wasn't getting any sound... every time I set my tone notification to the BBM tone and select okay it would soon disappear and the random numbers appeared and no tone. I did get the LED notification.

Bob
    12-13-18 08:59 PM
    Hello,
    I have had this same issue of my BBM tone reverting to a random number tone for the past few days. I have a BlackBerry Motion, it just updated to OS 8.1.0, BBM app version 3.3.19.69. I have to keep changing the tone several times a day. Any resolutions?
    Attached Thumbnails Newest BBM Update bugs and problems-235524.jpg  
    12-17-18 07:16 PM
    Hello,
    I have had this same issue of my BBM tone reverting to a random number tone for the past few days. I have a BlackBerry Motion, it just updated to OS 8.1.0, BBM app version 3.3.19.69. I have to keep changing the tone several times a day. Any resolutions?
    Yes. If you just read the posts above you'll see that uninstalling it was the only solution that fixed it permanently.
    12-23-18 10:46 PM
    I'm having same issues with BBM for Android (Samsung s8+). Have a random number for a notification after I change to bbm notification tone. I'm playing email tag with bbm support. They have replied once, I gave them more info and haven't had any new replies. This has gone on for a week. Help
    01-02-19 11:21 PM
    I'm having same issues with BBM for Android (Samsung s8+). Have a random number for a notification after I change to bbm notification tone. I'm playing email tag with bbm support. They have replied once, I gave them more info and haven't had any new replies. This has gone on for a week. Help
    The solution is in the previous posts.

If you want it to be fixed immediately, just remove yourself from the beta program, uninstall BBM updates, and then allow it to update again to the production version.
    01-03-19 01:43 AM
    Thank you all for your inputs.
    For us that are not as savvy, with respect to clearing cache, etc. What are the steps to revert back to a previous (working) version of BBM which does not have the notification error.

Additionally, would reverting back to a previous version enable BBM calls to BB-10 OS users?

Cheers,
    01-04-19 10:49 PM
    Thank you all for your inputs.
    For us that are not as savvy, with respect to clearing cache, etc. What are the steps to revert back to a previous (working) version of BBM which does not have the notification error.

Additionally, would reverting back to a previous version enable BBM calls to BB-10 OS users?

Cheers,
    You just have to uninstall BBM and install it again from the Play Store. That's about the only thing that can fix it. Either that or wait for another update that hopefully addresses the issue.
    01-05-19 03:24 PM
    Thank you, that worked. I was reverted back to 3.3.14.194 and now everything seems fine.
    Can I update BBM from the old version to a newer version such as the one shown above?

Thanks,
    01-05-19 03:48 PM
    Thank you, that worked. I was reverted back to 3.3.14.194 and now everything seems fine.
    Can I update BBM from the old version to a newer version such as the one shown above?

Thanks,
    3.3.17.152 also works fine, I downgraded it to that version.
    01-06-19 02:40 PM
    Well, let's revive this oldie for the latest update. Anyone else have this notification bug return with the latest update? I updated last night and my notifications stopped working again. Had to disable and download the latest again for it to start working properly. This is getting ridiculous. It can't just be me.
    02-07-19 08:54 AM
    Well, let's revive this oldie for the latest update. Anyone else have this notification bug return with the latest update? I updated last night and my notifications stopped working again. Had to disable and download the latest again for it to start working properly. This is getting ridiculous. It can't just be me.
    Update from jan 30 (aprox date) fixed all notification bugs for BBM. Now works great again.
    02-10-19 02:58 PM
    Update from jan 30 (aprox date) fixed all notification bugs for BBM. Now works great again.
    Not for me. First time after the update it broke notifications. I rebooted and it disabled notifications completely. Uninstalled and installed it yet again and it broke them again. I'm so done. The BlackBerry brand isn't what it used to be. It's all fragmented and falling apart. Time we move on as they clearly have. For what devices cost these days we shouldn't have to deal with these issues.
    02-10-19 03:29 PM
    Not for me. First time after the update it broke notifications. I rebooted and it disabled notifications completely. Uninstalled and installed it yet again and it broke them again. I'm so done. The BlackBerry brand isn't what it used to be. It's all fragmented and falling apart. Time we move on as they clearly have. For what devices cost these days we shouldn't have to deal with these issues.
    I am sure U can fix it. Both my wife and me are using BBKey2 and BBM now works flawless.
    What device are u Using?
    02-10-19 04:48 PM
    I am sure U can fix it. Both my wife and me are using BBKey2 and BBM now works flawless.
    What device are u Using?
    I'm using a KeyONE. It's sitting fine right now as my third installation. It shouldn't be this way. Congrats to you two for having working devices. You're lucky.
    02-10-19 04:59 PM
    I'm using a KeyONE. It's sitting fine right now as my third installation. It shouldn't be this way. Congrats to you two for having working devices. You're lucky.
    Previous update didn't work for us. This one does. We installed, went to settings/apps/bbm/notifications and set to 'make sound' , and inside bbm app/notifications we removed 'instant prewiew"...it solved problem...
    02-10-19 05:01 PM
    Thanks anyway for spending your time.
    02-10-19 05:02 PM
    For anyone who cares, which doesn't seem to be too many people, I seem to have fixed the issue. Instead of setting notifications from within BBM itself I went into the phone settings, notifications, and found BBM. In there I set the tone I wanted to use for each type of notification and it's been working fine ever since.
    kyleheney likes this.
    02-12-19 09:34 AM
69 123