12-11-18 11:46 AM
51 123
tools
    New BBM update came out (android Key2), version 3.3.18.89 , and now Vibrate does NOT work anymore...nor for PING, nor fore regular messages
    Ofc, my settings is Vibrate ON (inside app itself, and also in settings/apps/bbm/notifications) , but still, it wont make phone Vibrate, not even for PING...
    Anyone experiencing same problem since this update? Blaze? Any advice?
    11-21-18 01:34 PM
    Have to wait for someone who actively uses BBM to answer ya.
    11-21-18 07:33 PM
    Don't you, Adam and CBK use it together anymore. Like in the old days
    11-22-18 09:16 AM
    Not noticed because I turned all notifications off for BBM because when Glympse is used there is a constant flashing blue notification light. For me that blue notification light is for sms and bluetooth not a pointless BBM feature. I also cannot get rid of the notification which is asking me for my phone number. Really find myself disliking BBM more and more these days. BBM BB10 lacked a few features but was solid and secure, this cheap nasty new BBM ... Well my patience is running out. Wish BlackBerry would take back responsibility of development.
    11-22-18 01:26 PM
    Mine is working fine. PING works with tone and vibrate when volume off.
    11-22-18 01:48 PM
    Do you experience the flashing blue notification light when using Glympse and if so is there a way to turn it off?
    11-22-18 01:56 PM
    << discovered you can turn off notifications for Glympse within BBM settings. You lose the G icon top left but you're reminded it's on by GPS icon top middle. Blue notification light, gone. Your welcome.
    11-22-18 04:02 PM
    Mine is working fine. PING works with tone and vibrate when volume off.
    Ping should also Vibrate, ping is 'priority notification' in bbm, and there is setting to have Vibrate ON. Even with this setting, vibrate won't happen.(when in normal mode)
    Also in normal notification mode, if you chose to have Vibrate ON for all messages, vibrate will not work.
    Horrible work by bbm developers...shame!!!
    11-22-18 06:46 PM
    BlackBerry OS 10 BBM version is already a remade behind the BBM today!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-18 01:16 AM
    Ping should also Vibrate, ping is 'priority notification' in bbm, and there is setting to have Vibrate ON. Even with this setting, vibrate won't happen.(when in normal mode)
    Also in normal notification mode, if you chose to have Vibrate ON for all messages, vibrate will not work.
    Horrible work by bbm developers...shame!!!
    DId you let Emtek know on the issues you are having?
    11-27-18 11:06 AM
    DId you let Emtek know on the issues you are having?
    Nope, I dont know how to do that... could you help me by explaining how its done?, I will gladly notify them of this bug
    11-27-18 11:09 AM
    Nope, I dont know how to do that... could you help me by explaining how its done?, I will gladly notify them of this bug
    Their support info should be in the app - but if not it was on the Google Play listing for the app.
    11-27-18 11:11 AM
    Their support info should be in the app - but if not it was on the Google Play listing for the app.
    Ah, ofcourse I did that...they are replying me with completely ******** answers like 'are you sure your settings are set correctly, or 'this happends because your blackberry ID didn't connect correctly to server" which is completely ridiculous. I believe that are generic amswers, automated, because, if human answers to my complaint that way, it is VERY stupid human...so...no help from them.......
    11-27-18 11:28 AM
    Ah, ofcourse I did that...they are replying me with completely ******** answers like 'are you sure your settings are set correctly, or 'this happends because your blackberry ID didn't connect correctly to server" which is completely ridiculous. I believe that are generic amswers, automated, because, if human answers to my complaint that way, it is VERY stupid human...so...no help from them.......
    Sorry they weren't able to help you....

Might try uninstalling and installing the older version..
    11-27-18 03:05 PM
    Unicorns?
    11-27-18 03:13 PM
    Sorry they weren't able to help you....

Might try uninstalling and installing the older version..
    Thats exactly what I did, I downloaded previous version apk, and it works perfect. I hope they fix it in next update... what phone do you use?
    11-27-18 03:15 PM
    Thats exactly what I did, I downloaded previous version apk, and it works perfect. I hope they fix it in next update... what phone do you use?
    Galaxy S7... it's a work provided phone.

Haven't actively used BBM since the BBOS days... did try with the family when it went crossplatfrom, but that was a disaster.
    11-27-18 03:29 PM
    My BBM has been broken for a few days as well. Not getting any sound notifications and it stopped populating in the HUB. Pierre uninstall and reinstalled and now it populates in the HUB but still no sound. I feel I've tried everything so just going to wait for an update. I'm wondering if this is somehow related to the HUB+ update that was broken then "fixed" on Monday.

Blackberry Keyone BE stuck on July patch on the Rogers Network
    11-30-18 09:55 AM
    My BBM has been broken for a few days as well. Not getting any sound notifications and it stopped populating in the HUB. Pierre uninstall and reinstalled and now it populates in the HUB but still no sound. I feel I've tried everything so just going to wait for an update. I'm wondering if this is somehow related to the HUB+ update that was broken then "fixed" on Monday.

Blackberry Keyone BE stuck on July patch on the Rogers Network
    I dont think it has to do anything with HUB+...its something with notification system on android...
    I hope they fix it...with new update...if you dont mild, please let me know when you try new update...i uninstalled, and went back to old version which works perfect...
    Thanks
    12-01-18 06:57 PM
    I get sound even if notifications are silent (vibrate). If my ringer is on sound, BBM makes noise regardless of notification setting (in addition to vibration).
    12-01-18 07:27 PM
    I get sound even if notifications are silent (vibrate). If my ringer is on sound, BBM makes noise regardless of notification setting (in addition to vibration).
    That is one more sign that this bbm update completely messed up this apps notification...many, many bugs (like PING sound in group after 1st use changes to normal msg sound even if you PING), if you touch settings option and change anything inside BBM app, then in settings/apps/bbm notifications reset and go back to default setting...
    I wrote to support, and I got completely ******** answer like (check your notification setting, or your BBMID might not be connected to server)...looks like it is answer from automated service or a VERY VERY stupid human...
    So...only thing to do is wait and hope those unprofessional, lazy irresponsible bbm developers fix this mess...
    12-03-18 10:43 AM
    My BBM tone notification stopped working a few days ago. I have reset it numerous times but it doesn't stay active. When I check under notifications it shows a series of random numbers and not the BBM tone notification I selected. See screen shot...

I have emailed BBM numerous times but it's clear their Technical Support department isn't actually responding to my detailed emails. I provided them with when this started happening, the version of BBM, when last updated, my Android OS info, and my device, KEY2.

I only get replies asking if I'm still having issues and if so please let them know. I have been doing that multiple times and still no acknowledgment of my specific issue... no tone alert.

I am getting a bit frustrated!!!

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Newest BBM Update bugs and problems-16899.jpg  
    Last edited by Bob80220; 12-04-18 at 10:58 AM.
    12-04-18 10:40 AM
    Might check power settings to make sure Android isn't putting BBM asleep...
    12-04-18 11:01 AM
    Not seeing anything to indicate that... BBM works just fine. The BBM tone notification issue showed up after the recent BlackBerry Beta update November 30, 2018 Version 300.3.19.56. It is a bit frustrating but more of a frustration from the lack of interest or follow up from BBM after repeated emails.

Bob
    12-04-18 11:38 AM
    Not seeing anything to indicate that... BBM works just fine. The BBM tone notification issue showed up after the recent BlackBerry Beta update November 30, 2018 Version 300.3.19.56. It is a bit frustrating but more of a frustration from the lack of interest or follow up from BBM after repeated emails.

Bob
    I received the standard email reply this morning too. It asks if you're still having the issue, to contact them. I don't understand how the first reply to an issue is to ask if it's still present...? Obviously it is since you were just contacted about it. I get that it's an automated response, but come on.

BlackBerry needs to take back control of the app before this bonehead emtek runs it into the ground.
    12-04-18 11:55 AM
51 123