What the story on this V2 that just popped up on the official site? Will the V2 be sold direct? Will Verizon whitelist the V2? Will it be available immediately? If all you have is hearsay at the moment I don't care willing to listen...
    02-27-17 05:09 PM
    What the story on this V2 that just popped up on the official site?
    Can you post a link to this? I just checked the site and don't see such a reference.
    02-27-17 06:09 PM
    Can you post a link to this? I just checked the site and don't see such a reference.
    http://blackberrymobile.com/specifications.html
    02-27-17 06:38 PM
    Where do you see V2?

I would hope if they are planning a second version that it will be running BB10.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 06:40 PM
    Scroll down its under "Networks and Conectivity" no its not V2 as in powered by BB10, it's cdma
    02-27-17 06:45 PM
    I still don't see a reference to a V2 on that page.
    02-27-17 06:48 PM
    I still don't see a reference to a V2 on that page.

KEYone USA V2-img_20170227_185107.png

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 06:51 PM
    Scroll down its under "Networks and Conectivity" no its not V2 as in powered by BB10, it's cdma
    OK, I see what you mean now. But as nothing has been officially released about US carriers and what variants will be supported by each, anything posted now will be educated speculation at best. Keep your eye on the main page. Updates will be posted there as they are available.
    02-27-17 06:54 PM
    Made mine with the new noteable app by BB
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone USA V2-174751.jpg  
    02-27-17 06:58 PM
    No doubt this was built for Verizon. I'm just hoping I can by it direct from BBmobile. And it will be available from the start
    02-27-17 07:01 PM
    Any one know if ATT will carry it? BTW I should be sleeping. But can't put my passport SE down.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 11:08 PM
    V2 is the CDMA variant!
    03-01-17 07:48 PM
    No doubt this was built for Verizon. I'm just hoping I can by it direct from BBmobile. And it will be available from the start
    Time will tell.... but based on the gradual roll out that they seem to be doing, I'm not sure we will see the CDMA variant very early. Took them several months to finish off the GSM production runs and then to switch over to producing the CDMA variants of the PRIV. Now TCL is a big company with a lot of capabilities... if they felt it was necessary or would be profitable... they could devote more than one production run to the K1.

I agree that being able to buy it unlocked, and thus not dependent on Verizon update process would be great.

We will know soon....
    03-02-17 07:58 AM
    Time will tell.... but based on the gradual roll out that they seem to be doing, I'm not sure we will see the CDMA variant very early. Took them several months to finish off the GSM production runs and then to switch over to producing the CDMA variants of the PRIV. Now TCL is a big company with a lot of capabilities... if they felt it was necessary or would be profitable... they could devote more than one production run to the K1.

I agree that being able to buy it unlocked, and thus not dependent on Verizon update process would be great.

We will know soon....
    My IMPRESSION was that both versions would be available at the start, but they did not provide a direct answer on this, nor did they on US carrier support.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-02-17 01:19 PM
    My IMPRESSION was that both versions would be available at the start, but they did not provide a direct answer on this, nor did they on US carrier support.
    Pesky Details....

I think they were ready to announce the device... but a launch might could have waited another month when all the details had been worked out. Kinda like Samsung didn't want to launch their big guns just yet.
    03-02-17 01:56 PM