I have realized that if you put an app inside locker, then enter locker, start that app, exit app and locker....- after that you can EASILY BYpass Locker, by simply enterning playstore and starting that app. Locker will not ask for password...
    Anyone know how to fx this?
    12-11-18 11:36 AM
    I have realized that if you put an app inside locker, then enter locker, start that app, exit app and locker....- after that you can EASILY BYpass Locker, by simply enterning playstore and starting that app. Locker will not ask for password...
    Anyone know how to fx this?
    Only for a brief window (by design). Wait a little longer and then try it.
    12-11-18 11:39 AM
    Only for a brief window (by design). Wait a little longer and then try it.
    Actually Not for me, I can leave phone for 5minutes and try again, and it will still bypass Locker??? Am I doing something wrong?
    12-11-18 11:41 AM
    Actually Not for me, I can leave phone for 5minutes and try again, and it will still bypass Locker??? Am I doing something wrong?
    Wait a bit longer. I forget the actual "logout" time.

It's no different from trying to launch a lockered app from the drawer.
    12-11-18 11:43 AM
    Wait a bit longer. I forget the actual "logout" time.

It's no different from trying to launch a lockered app from the drawer.
    No, friend, I am telling you, I can wait for like 10minutes, and still it will bypass Locker... very weird
    12-11-18 11:51 AM
    For what it's worth, I've never even set up the Locker and yet I still access Firefox Focus whenever I please. And it's not even just through the Play Store. Since I haven't decided on a default browser yet, I can just tap on most any link and open that link in Focus.
    12-11-18 12:57 PM
    For what it's worth, I've never even set up the Locker and yet I still access Firefox Focus whenever I please. And it's not even just through the Play Store. Since I haven't decided on a default browser yet, I can just tap on most any link and open that link in Focus.
    Well thats horrible, isnt it? Locker is useless then...
    12-11-18 01:16 PM
    Well thats horrible, isnt it? Locker is useless then...
    That's because it was never set up. Firefox isn't locked.
    12-11-18 01:17 PM
    That's because it was never set up. Firefox isn't locked.
    And yet Firefox is still hidden elsewhere in BlackBerry Android?
    12-11-18 01:56 PM
    And yet Firefox is still hidden elsewhere in BlackBerry Android?
    It's added as a system app.
    12-11-18 06:12 PM
    No, friend, I am telling you, I can wait for like 10minutes, and still it will bypass Locker... very weird
    Not weird at all. You're still actively using your device at that point (You've presumably already authenticated through one level of security) and anyone who was concerned about security wouldn't have their device set to a 10 minute time-out window anyway. If you unlock locker, access an app and exit out it and then lock your device again, then it won't allow you to access that app.

It may not be working how you think it should work, but it is working how it was intended to work. Long story short, lock your device and have a short time-out period or if you feel it's not secure enough, use a different app. Remember, Locker is a SECONDARY security function, your first line of defense is your device PIN/Password/Fingerprint, which anyone using Locker should have enabled anyway if they're genuinely concerned about it.

If you have no device PIN/Password/Fingerprint and are relying on Locker alone to keep stuff safe, you're doing security wrong.
    G_Unit MVP and ppeters914 like this.
    12-11-18 06:19 PM
    Not weird at all. You're still actively using your device at that point (You've presumably already authenticated through one level of security) and anyone who was concerned about security wouldn't have their device set to a 10 minute time-out window anyway. If you unlock locker, access an app and exit out it and then lock your device again, then it won't allow you to access that app.

It may not be working how you think it should work, but it is working how it was intended to work. Long story short, lock your device and have a short time-out period or if you feel it's not secure enough, use a different app. Remember, Locker is a SECONDARY security function, your first line of defense is your device PIN/Password/Fingerprint, which anyone using Locker should have enabled anyway if they're genuinely concerned about it.

If you have no device PIN/Password/Fingerprint and are relying on Locker alone to keep stuff safe, you're doing security wrong.
    I have tried now with locking device after using Locker, and I have to say you are correct!!
    Thank you Blaze, I really appreciate your help!!!!!!!
    12-12-18 01:32 AM