Strangly, Files app on key2 cannot anymore start any .apk file for installation.
    What is weird is that those same .apk files CAN be started for installation - if started from Drive.
    Both Drive and Files DO have in settings/apps/ special access - install unknown apps- ON.
    Any idea why is this?
    10-08-19 10:58 PM
    Strangly, Files app on key2 cannot anymore start any .apk file for installation.
    What is weird is that those same .apk files CAN be started for installation - if started from Drive.
    Both Drive and Files DO have in settings/apps/ special access - install unknown apps- ON.
    Any idea why is this?
    What error message do you get?
    10-09-19 12:39 AM
    What error message do you get?
    No error message at all.
    I click on .apk file, and nothing happends...
    If I click on that same file from 'downloads' app, or from drive.... .apk starts normally...
    Seems like something is blocking FILES app to start .apk files....
    10-09-19 12:45 AM
    No error message at all.
    I click on .apk file, and nothing happends...
    If I click on that same file from 'downloads' app, or from drive.... .apk starts normally...
    Seems like something is blocking FILES app to start .apk files....
    Somehow the "always" choice was selected for something other than the package installer.
    10-09-19 12:59 AM
    Somehow the "always" choice was selected for something other than the package installer.
    Any way to change that?
    10-09-19 01:06 AM
    Any way to change that?
    You'd have to reset all app preferences.
    10-09-19 01:06 AM
    You'd have to reset all app preferences.
    That would make a mess
    10-09-19 01:07 AM
    If true, Any way to find out which app was selected as "always" other than package installer?
    10-09-19 01:11 AM
    If true, Any way to find out which app was selected as "always" other than package installer?
    Not that I'm aware of.
    10-09-19 01:13 AM
    Not that I'm aware of.
    Hmmm....looks like FILES app cannot start any .apk file... I tried on 4 different key2 phones (1 was Key2 LE)....
    10-09-19 07:33 AM
    Hmmm....looks like FILES app cannot start any .apk file... I tried on 4 different key2 phones (1 was Key2 LE)....
    Did you give it permission to "install unknown apps" , under special access?
    10-09-19 08:19 AM
    Did you give it permission to "install unknown apps" , under special access?
    Ofcourse, it was ON by default, but even if that permission is OFF, screen with question 'to allow it' should pop-up, and it Doesn't (if settings is to OFF), and if settings is to ON, again nothing happends...
    If you try to start this .apk files from 'downloads' app /drive/google, even if setting is OFF for this permission, screen with option would pop to enable this permission...
    Very weird
    10-09-19 08:22 AM