Hey I was wondering if anyone had this issue.

I am trying to set up my old Playbook as a photo frame/media player that pulls photos and music from my NAS. Kalemsoft does this perfectly but the pictures are always stretched to fit the screen. Is there some option I'm missing or is this just how it is?

Thanks!
    12-08-18 08:07 AM
    Hey I was wondering if anyone had this issue.

I am trying to set up my old Playbook as a photo frame/media player that pulls photos and music from my NAS. Kalemsoft does this perfectly but the pictures are always stretched to fit the screen. Is there some option I'm missing or is this just how it is?

Thanks!
    There is no setting within Kalemsoft to change the screen ratio. The pics are played back the way they are taken on your camera or phone. For example, my Passport pictures are taken as 1:1 (box) and my android device I have set at 4:3. All pics played by Kalemsoft appear as 1:1 and 4:3 depending on which phone took them. Try setting your camera/phone at a different aspect ratio.
    12-08-18 08:57 AM
    There is no setting within Kalemsoft to change the screen ratio. The pics are played back the way they are taken on your camera or phone. For example, my Passport pictures are taken as 1:1 (box) and my android device I have set at 4:3. All pics played by Kalemsoft appear as 1:1 and 4:3 depending on which phone took them. Try setting your camera/phone at a different aspect ratio.
    I would very much like for this to be the case but it is not for me. If there is a photo in portrait mode, kalemsoft will stretch it to fill a landscape oriented screen so it ends up very distorted. My Nikon camera takes 4:3 shots but kalemsoft will stretch them to fill the much wider Playbook screen. Is there an option I am missing?
    12-08-18 09:24 AM
    I would very much like for this to be the case but it is not for me. If there is a photo in portrait mode, kalemsoft will stretch it to fill a landscape oriented screen so it ends up very distorted. My Nikon camera takes 4:3 shots but kalemsoft will stretch them to fill the much wider Playbook screen. Is there an option I am missing?
    Don't know what the problem is then as it does not do that on my PlayBook. I just ran the slide show from my NAS and all is good. Works perfectly as a matter of fact. There is no option.
    12-08-18 09:30 AM