Howdy,

If I install all of the Blackberry Hub+ Suite apps on a non-Blackberry Android phone (Sony Xperia, LG, Samsung, etc) will I get the EXACT same software/UI experience as I would on a Priv, Dtek, ect.

Or are there differences in the way the apps run on a non BlackBerry phone.

Ps- I am concerned mostly with the Keyboard, Hub, shortcuts, than I am the security software operation

Thanks
    04-29-18 04:19 AM
    Nope, the keyboard and the quick access menu isn't included...
    Haivu1945 likes this.
    04-29-18 07:48 AM
    Howdy,

If I install all of the Blackberry Hub+ Suite apps on a non-Blackberry Android phone (Sony Xperia, LG, Samsung, etc) will I get the EXACT same software/UI experience as I would on a Priv, Dtek, ect.

Or are there differences in the way the apps run on a non BlackBerry phone.

Ps- I am concerned mostly with the Keyboard, Hub, shortcuts, than I am the security software operation

Thanks
    You wouldn't get the keyboard, productivity tab and DTEK.

It'd be a little different. The draw of Hub+ is pretty much just that, the BlackBerry Hub (most users would have alternative apps for calendar, notes etc anyway).
    Haivu1945 likes this.
    04-29-18 12:33 PM
    There is a way to get the keyboard on other phones using Cobalt's method (right here on these forums). I have it on my Galaxy S8 and I like so much more than the stock keyboard or the Swiftkey keyboard that the BB keyboard is based on.

It's the "swipe up" feature that's still only on the BB keyboard that I like and missed from my Z10.
    Haivu1945 likes this.
    04-29-18 01:38 PM
    There is a way to get the keyboard on other phones using Cobalt's method (right here on these forums). I have it on my Galaxy S8 and I like so much more than the stock keyboard or the Swiftkey keyboard that the BB keyboard is based on.

It's the "swipe up" feature that's still only on the BB keyboard that I like and missed from my Z10.
    Exactly right about the keyboard. It is why I'm hoping my Priv lasts until a new all touch BlackBerry device comes out that will be compatible with Verizon. I never use the physical keyboard.
    Haivu1945 likes this.
    04-29-18 02:09 PM
    Yes, I know I can use Cobalt's BB Manager and get the KB as well as ad-free Hub. I have done it on a Xiaomi but things never worked quite right. Xiaomi uses a security app that fouls things up.

My delema is whether or not to buy a used PRIV (I have a Passport already) with all of its idiosyncrasies and at a higher than warrented price OR buy a better Android phone for less and install the BB launch er, KB, Hub, ect ect..... If the latter way doesn't provide a pretty close approximation to the PRIV, I'll just get the PRIV..
    04-30-18 03:15 AM
    Yes, I know I can use Cobalt's BB Manager and get the KB as well as ad-free Hub. I have done it on a Xiaomi but things never worked quite right. Xiaomi uses a security app that fouls things up.

My delema is whether or not to buy a used PRIV (I have a Passport already) with all of its idiosyncrasies and at a higher than warrented price OR buy a better Android phone for less and install the BB launch er, KB, Hub, ect ect..... If the latter way doesn't provide a pretty close approximation to the PRIV, I'll just get the PRIV..
    At this point, don't buy a PRIV. KEYone price will drop some with KEYtwo introduction soon. Even then, save your money. PRIV is an older device that was good for a first try BlackBerry Android.
    Haivu1945 likes this.
    04-30-18 06:31 AM
    I'm looking at an s9 right now, or an s8. I want to stay with a BlackBerry but it doesn't look like Verizon is gonna play ball. my priv has been acting a bit screwy lately. depend on too much for work. I really hope cobalts method will move up to the s9. I can't give up this keyboard. I do use the pkb on my priv though.
    05-01-18 10:04 PM
    is the launcher included in the cobalt stuff? lots of shortcuts with that I love and use multiple times a day
    05-01-18 10:05 PM
    is the launcher included in the cobalt stuff? lots of shortcuts with that I love and use multiple times a day
    Yes it is.
    05-02-18 12:19 AM
    With my Moto phone... I used the full HUB+ suite with no issues, as I could uninstall all the Moto productive Apps.

With my Samsung phone.... phone kept wanting to use the Samsung Contacts and Calendar, and there is no way to disable or remove those totally. Ended up just using the HUB.

Do also us Cobalt's... for the KEYboard, (and not willing to keep paying for just the HUB) which is probable the main feature I like.

Launcher.... is very basic and really not much reason to use it (unless you have a PKB phone - shortcuts).

In the end, I think the "experience" will depend on which phone you choose.
    Haivu1945 likes this.
    05-02-18 09:32 AM
    I use the shortcuts for speed dial, adjusting from vibrate to sound, to lock my phone without pushing any buttons mostly. I really like the BlackBerry launcher for some of those features. I have quick text set up for a few contacts as well. I do like the contacts app as well. Enjoy the way groups are set up
    Haivu1945 likes this.
    05-02-18 07:53 PM
    Thanks for all of your replies.

I have found it hit or miss as well depending upon the hardware.

Having owned a Z3 (which is a very overlooked and undervalued phone,) and a OG black passport, I just can't get the BB10 magic back on android. I keep returning to the stock hardware OS. It's faster and smoother most of the time.

FYI I just ordered a 'like-new' Passport SE... Hihi
    Last edited by Haivu1945; 05-13-18 at 09:41 PM.
    05-03-18 01:36 AM
    I'm looking at an s9 right now, or an s8. I want to stay with a BlackBerry but it doesn't look like Verizon is gonna play ball. my priv has been acting a bit screwy lately. depend on too much for work. I really hope cobalts method will move up to the s9. I can't give up this keyboard. I do use the pkb on my priv though.
    Same here. Let us know how it goes if you switch.
    05-03-18 06:55 AM
    I have put the BlackBerry apps on a S9+ and all is good except for the keyboard does funny things sometimes, when gho@g - like that. The @ gets inserted when in is typed. I got it from the Cobalt download.
    05-13-18 08:25 PM