So for months now we all have been "debating" on what is going on between BBL and BBMo and TCL. Suggestions have included that TCL has obligations to BBL to cover and many other hypothetical analyses.

However may I ask a question about the relationship between BBMo / TCL and Crackberry? Have they paid their sponsorship on time or in full or are they behind in this relationship?

We all know that BBMo / TCL relied heavily on Crackberry for promotion and help from consumers up to even including a promo of Crackberry in the now infamous Preview app.

So what's to say? Is the game over? You must know for sure!
    01-22-20 12:40 AM
    Crackberry administration should know the answer. However, I see they are still advertising for any BBMobile promotions/offers. A sign that relationship is still alive.
    01-22-20 02:43 AM
    That's a good question yamahammer but I'll be surprised if you/we get a definite answer.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    01-22-20 05:40 AM
    Regardless, would anyone that does know be in violation of privacy disclosures if they answered that question? I would think so and therefore no comment is expected.
    01-22-20 06:18 AM
    And the obligations here may not reflect what is going on with BlackBerry Limited either.
    01-22-20 07:44 AM
    Crackberry administration should know the answer. However, I see they are still advertising for any BBMobile promotions/offers. A sign that relationship is still alive.
    They are still advertising because BBMo is trying to rid themselves of remaining stock. I'm sure the CB folks have a lot more info on what's happening and even if they weren't under any sort of NDA, they would never reveal it anyway because it would also hurt them and their site (traffic/etc - whatever is left that is).
    01-22-20 09:15 AM
    They are still advertising because BBMo is trying to rid themselves of remaining stock. I'm sure the CB folks have a lot more info on what's happening and even if they weren't under any sort of NDA, they would never reveal it anyway because it would also hurt them and their site (traffic/etc - whatever is left that is).
    There clearly isn't a lot of inventory left, and it's not some malevolent conspiracy theory. No company wastes time or energy communicating about its failures. They want to talk about their successes and their future. What we can safely conclude from the silence is that BlackBerry Mobile devices aren't a critical part of either BlackBerry Limited or TCL's future.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    01-22-20 09:25 AM
    We do not know if TCL is not paying up BlackBerry. It seems more likely that TCL is only paying the minimum under their contract. For example not ordering Android Pie. Maybe the long good bye we are experiencing is part of meeting their obligations as well.
    01-22-20 09:31 AM
    There clearly isn't a lot of inventory left, and it's not some malevolent conspiracy theory. No company wastes time or energy communicating about its failures. They want to talk about their successes and their future. What we can safely conclude from the silence is that BlackBerry Mobile devices aren't a critical part of either BlackBerry Limited or TCL's future.

When did I say it was a conspiracy theory? What I stated was if the CB folks did know what was happening they would never say anything even if not under NDA because it would just basically put an end to their site. Yes that's likely to come regardless but they wouldn't expedite the process themselves. What part of that is conspiracy theory rather then simple logic?
    And also, when did I say there was a lot of stock left?
    John Albert likes this.
    01-22-20 09:34 AM
    When did I say it was a conspiracy theory? What I stated was if the CB folks did know what was happening they would never say anything even if not under NDA because it would just basically put an end to their site. Yes that's likely to come regardless but they wouldn't expedite the process themselves. What part of that is conspiracy theory rather then simple logic?
    I apologize. I responded to your post about them trying to get rid of inventory and added a response meant for other posters who seem to think it's wrong of both companies not to be more forthcoming. That's the "conspiracy" I referred to.

01-22-20 09:37 AM

If there is not much inventory left and the price of the Smartphones remained high it means that they did not loose so much money. Probably they tried really with BB but they got deluded. The fact that they are launching a line of TCL phones it means that they want to keep in investing in the smartphone sefotr. Probably was BB asking crazy amount of money.....Chen needs desperately cash and good news to sell to the shareholders.... Maybe BB did not develop Android Pie, like they did not develop any major update for the DTEks.....We can keep on discussing on this matter without end.... The lack of transparency in communication from both TCL and BB sounds anyway not that good....
    the_boon likes this.
    01-22-20 09:38 AM
    And also, when did I say there was a lot of stock left?
    How does it affect the site? Any basic common sense, with average person, knows and understands it’s over. Traffic isn’t driven here by people looking for Key3 announcements either way.
    01-22-20 09:41 AM
    How does it affect the site? Any basic common sense, with average person, knows and understands it’s over. Traffic isn’t driven here by people looking for Key3 announcements either way.
    Of course it affects the site. It would certainly kill whatever is remaining and would only leave 3 people talking to each other (even more then it is now).
    01-22-20 09:43 AM
    Of course it affects the site. It would certainly kill whatever is remaining and would only leave 3 people talking to each other (even more then it is now).
    You don’t think it’s already happened? That’s how come we’re down to conversations like this with the few people left such as you. The last few come here for the same as you. That’s why you’re still here.
    01-22-20 09:48 AM
    You don’t think it’s already happened? That’s how come we’re down to conversations like this with the few people left such as you. The last few come here for the same as you. That’s why you’re still here.
    Lol nah. unlike the 24/7 crowd (the 3), I check in from time to time which I believe many still do. Those people would stop checking in at all if CB were to confirm what everyone already basically knows is coming.
    01-22-20 10:00 AM
    But just for clarification by CB own numbers, there are still many who visit the site for info (see below). How many of those "guests" would be coming back?

Currently Active Users
    There are currently 2797 users online, 650 members and 2147 guests.
    01-22-20 10:03 AM
    If there is not much inventory left and the price of the Smartphones remained high it means that they did not loose so much money.
    This is actually a very good point, never thought of that.

If TCL had way too much excess inventory and/or were that desperate to get rid of them all, they would be doing BB style discounts/write-offs.

Yet here we are, 1.5 years since launch and the prices have remained exactly the same (talking mainly about the BB EU store)
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-22-20 10:11 AM
    This is actually a very good point, never thought of that.

If TCL had way too much excess inventory and/or were that desperate to get rid of them all, they would be doing BB style discounts/write-offs.

Yet here we are, 1.5 years since launch and the prices have remained exactly the same (talking mainly about the BB EU store)
    Its such a small sliver of the TCL business that sitting on inventory is probably less costly than discounting or writing off. Not to mention that if they are just trying to ride out the licence agreement till the end, they can still be "selling" devices till then if they don't get rid of all inventory in one shot. So any questions of where they are at and they can simply refer to BlackBerry devices still being available till they pull the plug at the end.
    01-22-20 10:58 AM
    Yup, we are the few, the proud . . .
    01-22-20 07:16 PM