My gmail account in Inbox app (BB Key2) worked fine, but starting from this morning, PUSH stoped working... Email will arrive ONLY if I manually enter Inbox app.
    My settings are
    -sync interval- Never
    -use Push if supported- ON
    It worked this way just fine, and today it stopped.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks
    07-30-19 02:59 PM
    My gmail account in Inbox app (BB Key2) worked fine, but starting from this morning, PUSH stoped working... Email will arrive ONLY if I manually enter Inbox app.
    My settings are
    -sync interval- Never
    -use Push if supported- ON
    It worked this way just fine, and today it stopped.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks
    Sync interval should be set at 5 mins.
    07-30-19 03:17 PM
    Sync interval should be set at 5 mins.
    It worked flawless with sync interval 'never' and 'use push if supported ON' for a year...
    It just stoped last 20 hours...
    What causes this?
    07-30-19 03:27 PM
    So I solved the issue. I accessed my gmail email on Pc, cleaned it completely by deleting all emails, then on my Key2 I cleared cash on Inbox, Blackberry HUB+ and Blackberry Launcher, deleted my google email account inside Inbox(Hub), rebooted my phone (32sec hold), then reinstalled gmail account inside Inbox(Hub)..toggled Conversatin view off and then ON again....
    .not sure which of those solved issue, but some did.
    and I confirm- Hub Gmail accound DOES work if settings are 'sync interval-NEVER',and 'use Push if supported-ON'.
    works flawless again
    07-31-19 02:56 AM
    So I solved the issue. I accessed my gmail email on Pc, cleaned it completely by deleting all emails, then on my Key2 I cleared cash on Inbox, Blackberry HUB+ and Blackberry Launcher, deleted my google email account inside Inbox(Hub), rebooted my phone (32sec hold), then reinstalled gmail account inside Inbox(Hub)..toggled Conversatin view off and then ON again....
    .not sure which of those solved issue, but some did.
    and I confirm- Hub Gmail accound DOES work if settings are 'sync interval-NEVER',and 'use Push if supported-ON'.
    works flawless again
    Yes, but BlackBerry recommends setting a sync interval.

"For many other popular services - Gmail, iCloud, etc. - they are setup as IMAP accounts. IMAP uses a capability called IDLE to deliver "push mail". Without going into all the gross specifics of the protocol, this feature works with most major servers (but not all) and only works for the inbox folder. So if you set your sync interval to never, non- inbox folders aren't going to sync - they rely on this interval to retrieve mail for those folders. There are also cases where either the server or IDLE feature can fall into a state where this temporarily doesn't work and when that is the case we fall back on the sync interval to continue delivering your mail in a timely manner. Same holds true if the server doesn't support IDLE.

We take a lot of care to make sure those sync intervals are optimized as best as possible to ensure you're getting your mail in a timely manner without needlessly wasting battery life. "
    07-31-19 09:14 AM
    Yes, but BlackBerry recommends setting a sync interval.

"For many other popular services - Gmail, iCloud, etc. - they are setup as IMAP accounts. IMAP uses a capability called IDLE to deliver "push mail". Without going into all the gross specifics of the protocol, this feature works with most major servers (but not all) and only works for the inbox folder. So if you set your sync interval to never, non- inbox folders aren't going to sync - they rely on this interval to retrieve mail for those folders. There are also cases where either the server or IDLE feature can fall into a state where this temporarily doesn't work and when that is the case we fall back on the sync interval to continue delivering your mail in a timely manner. Same holds true if the server doesn't support IDLE.

We take a lot of care to make sure those sync intervals are optimized as best as possible to ensure you're getting your mail in a timely manner without needlessly wasting battery life. "
    Great info Conite, thanks!
    Luckily, I only need Inbox to work proppertly on that gmail inside Hub(Inbox), and for using Hub on various smartphones in 5 years, this yesterday was 1st time it got 'stuck'.
    Luckily I solved issue and now it works fine!
    07-31-19 09:33 AM