I have a BB KeyOne and the phone needs to be factory reset. I cannot use SyncMate or any of the similar programs because I cannot get Developer Options to work by tapping the "Build" number 7 times. I can get the phone to connect to my Mac laptop with the USB and selecting MTP, PTP or MIDI. I really would like to get all of my SMS/MMS messages from the Textra app to my computer. Without being able to download new apps to the phone from the PlayStore (it doesn't work) and without being able to connect to a program like SyncMate, I'm really at a loss at what to do to back up the phone before a reset. I've done ALL of the restarts and nothing works. I've also called BlackBerry Mobile and they were no help at all because they told me to use a third party app, which I cannot install on the phone right now because something is wrong with it. Do you know if there is anywhere in NYC where I can bring the phone and they could help me problem solve in-person? I'm rather desperate to fix this issue and I'm sure there is a solution, but I'm only slightly technical, so cannot figure out the problem myself.

This is incredibly frustrating and making me seriously rethink my decade long BlackBerry allegiance. I loved my KeyOne until this problem began, but now I'm walking around with an expensive device I can't really use.
    12-16-18 01:18 AM
    Why are you trying to move them to desktop to begin with? If you're on Oreo and set it up, your SMS messages are backed up to Google already. I can't think of any other ways that don't need you to:

1) Enable developer options.
    2) Install an app.

Your best option is to figure out why developer mode isn't working. Does it give you any error messages when trying to enable it?
    12-16-18 06:51 PM
    I have a BB KeyOne and the phone needs to be factory reset. I cannot use SyncMate or any of the similar programs because I cannot get Developer Options to work by tapping the "Build" number 7 times. I can get the phone to connect to my Mac laptop with the USB and selecting MTP, PTP or MIDI. I really would like to get all of my SMS/MMS messages from the Textra app to my computer. Without being able to download new apps to the phone from the PlayStore (it doesn't work) and without being able to connect to a program like SyncMate, I'm really at a loss at what to do to back up the phone before a reset. I've done ALL of the restarts and nothing works. I've also called BlackBerry Mobile and they were no help at all because they told me to use a third party app, which I cannot install on the phone right now because something is wrong with it. Do you know if there is anywhere in NYC where I can bring the phone and they could help me problem solve in-person? I'm rather desperate to fix this issue and I'm sure there is a solution, but I'm only slightly technical, so cannot figure out the problem myself.

This is incredibly frustrating and making me seriously rethink my decade long BlackBerry allegiance. I loved my KeyOne until this problem began, but now I'm walking around with an expensive device I can't really use.
    Since you mentioned that you're using Textra, there's an option to send/forward your SMS messages to an email address. Look for the "Share as Email" option.
    12-16-18 07:02 PM
    Since you mentioned that you're using Textra, there's an option to send/forward your SMS messages to an email address. Look for the "Share as Email" option.
    Yeah, or just use messages to copy them, which is accessible from the web. Not ideal though if you're trying to maintain them for reloading later. @KD07
    12-16-18 10:20 PM
    Why are you trying to move them to desktop to begin with? If you're on Oreo and set it up, your SMS messages are backed up to Google already. I can't think of any other ways that don't need you to:

1) Enable developer options.
    2) Install an app.

Your best option is to figure out why developer mode isn't working. Does it give you any error messages when trying to enable it?
    The phone doesn't even give me the option to go into developer mode when I try. Tapping multiple times yields absolutely nothing. There is a larger issue with the phone, so factory reset is my only option, but I'm not really willing to lose my data, so I've stuck with a half-working phone for a while because of this issue.
    01-10-19 05:59 AM