I can't purchase anything with my new BBID, becasue I can't link a payment method. I can't use my old BBID because my phone (Classic) says BBID can't end in "...Blackberry.Net" and my old BBID does.

Are there any workarounds?

I would like to have BeMaps (which is still awailable if you look under Belshare), Package tracker, and BeMaps. All 3x are paid apps in Blackberry World. I like to pay but can't.

I already tried to download "Payment Options" which is available in Blackberry World, but it does not even install (comes back with installation error).
    04-20-18 01:08 PM
    I can't purchase anything with my new BBID, becasue I can't link a payment method. I can't use my old BBID because my phone (Classic) says BBID can't end in "...Blackberry.Net" and my old BBID does.

Are there any workarounds?

I would like to have BeMaps (which is still awailable if you look under Belshare), Package tracker, and BeMaps. All 3x are paid apps in Blackberry World. I like to pay but can't.

I already tried to download "Payment Options" which is available in Blackberry World, but it does not even install (comes back with installation error).
    You can no longer purchase apps on BlackBerry World, as the service has been discontinued.

You can only download free apps, or apps you already paid for.
    04-20-18 02:20 PM
    Thanks for the quick and clear answer.

I just bought another Classic (after I managed to brick one). So I guess I'll be asking to be able to returning it with whatever restocking fee I may be hit.

I don't understand this whole thing that Blackberry does. After all this, who is supposed to buy their new phones now?
    04-20-18 02:28 PM
    Thanks for the quick and clear answer.

I just bought another Classic (after I managed to brick one). So I guess I'll be asking to be able to returning it with whatever restocking fee I may be hit.

I don't understand this whole thing that Blackberry does. After all this, who is supposed to buy their new phones now?
    They haven't had a new BB10 phone in 3 years. They announced complete EOL for Dec of next year, with services shutting down between now and then.

BlackBerry has been out of the device business for 1.5 years.

They have nothing to sell you.
    skrble likes this.
    04-20-18 03:00 PM
    I understand that part. But this kind of stuff has to be pullig down the "new" device makers Blackberry/Android sales too. At least for my part I find myself quite qiscouraged now. Who else supposed to buy Blackberry/Android if not the old fans?
    04-20-18 03:04 PM
    I understand that part. But this kind of stuff has to be pullig down the "new" device makers Blackberry/Android sales too. At least for my part I find myself quite qiscouraged now. Who else supposed to buy Blackberry/Android if not the old fans?
    Why you would hold TCL or Optiemus to account for what BlackBerry did with BlackBerry World for BB10 is beyond me.
    04-20-18 03:09 PM
    That is not what I meant.

In my opinion it should have been part of the deal, that Blackberry does maintain and keeps happy their existing customer base or turns over any knowhow for the new companies to do that. After all that old customer base is an essential part of handset division sale. In addition such customer base is one that will want to upgrade to the new Blackberry/Android devices. These are very loyal customers. Why make them mad?

Othervise a disgrutled, discouraged customer base likely just run from Blackberry forever with no updrade in mind.

So that is how I meant it.
    04-20-18 03:53 PM
    That is not what I meant.

In my opinion it should have been part of the deal, that Blackberry does maintain and keeps happy their existing customer base or turns over any knowhow for the new companies to do that. After all that old customer base is an essential part of handset division sale. In addition such customer base is one that will want to upgrade to the new Blackberry/Android devices. These are very loyal customers. Why make them mad?

Othervise a disgrutled, discouraged customer base likely just run from Blackberry forever with no updrade in mind.

So that is how I meant it.
    I understand what you meant, but it doesn't make sense to me. It's like blaming Walmart for something Target did to you.
    04-20-18 03:57 PM
    Happy OS7/OS10 customers are (if they are ready) solid future Blackberry/Andorid customers.
    04-20-18 04:03 PM
    what they did with BBM and not being able to use the ID anymore on 10 OS, when once entered into an android bbm is just like ... just angry sorry ... but this really sucks !!!
    04-20-18 04:11 PM
    BB10 is dead and over with...get over it, buy Android Blackberry or move on..simple as that...
    04-21-18 10:55 AM
    BB10 is dead and over with...get over it, buy Android Blackberry or move on..simple as that...
    Nothing is over! You just don't turn it off.
    - Johnny Rambo
    BerryRipe likes this.
    04-21-18 11:08 AM
    Nothing is over! You just don't turn it off.
    - Johnny Rambo
    Except the failure in your logic is that Blackberry themselves ARE turning it off...
    04-21-18 12:45 PM
    Except the failure in your logic is that Blackberry themselves ARE turning it off...
    It was a joke. Stop taking yourself so seriously Trautman.
    04-21-18 01:03 PM
    jokingly...or maybe not...reopen paid apps downloads...here's how:..BB set's up a monthly go-fund-me for BlackBerryWorld.....each paid for app re-directs you to go-fund me....once the donation has been made on behalf of blackberryWorld ...the user gets to download the app....and peroiodically go-fund-me can send a cheque to BB.....
    What!? you say? How can you do this on Go-Fund-Me? Well I says BB10 is now an endangered species in the SmartphoneOS ocean of Android and to a lesser extent apple plastics....It's the Baby Seal that got hacked....the whale that got beached...hmmm I do see a distant similarity between the Killer Whale and the BlackBerry Branding... It's an environmental charity! Brilliant!
    04-21-18 10:56 PM
    jokingly...or maybe not...reopen paid apps downloads...here's how:..BB set's up a monthly go-fund-me for BlackBerryWorld.....each paid for app re-directs you to go-fund me....once the donation has been made on behalf of blackberryWorld ...the user gets to download the app....and peroiodically go-fund-me can send a cheque to BB.....
    What!? you say? How can you do this on Go-Fund-Me? Well I says BB10 is now an endangered species in the SmartphoneOS ocean of Android and to a lesser extent apple plastics....It's the Baby Seal that got hacked....the whale that got beached...hmmm I do see a distant similarity between the Killer Whale and the BlackBerry Branding... It's an environmental charity! Brilliant!
    It's the dodo that's so dumb, it doesn't know that it's already extinct. ๐Ÿ˜€
    04-22-18 05:16 AM
    It's the dodo that's so dumb, it doesn't know that it's already extinct.
    You mean the Do Do, last name Done, as in work is done. It's a great thing one wouldn't have to go through Jurassic Park in order to restore the BB10 from some kind of bio gene revival. Software "gene" code is much easier to work with they''ve got compilers and source code standing by, a whole set of blueprints...amazing!
    04-22-18 09:20 PM
    It's the dodo that's so dumb, it doesn't know that it's already extinct. ๐Ÿ˜€
    You mean the Do Do, last name Done, as in work is done. It's a great thing one wouldn't have to go through Jurassic Park in order to restore the BB10 from some kind of bio gene revival. Software "gene" code is much easier to work with they''ve got compilers and source code standing by, a whole set of blueprints...amazing!
    04-22-18 09:20 PM