I am considering to buy either BB Key 2 or a Samsung S 9 - I have read a lot about each ( I have always been a fan of the Blackberry) otherwise I probably would have already bought the Samsung S 9, thus, still have yet to decide, I am aware that Instagram and Pintrest can not be installed effectively on the BB but not worried about that as I have the iPad for those: I am leaning more towards the bb Key 2 but this grandmother, lol probably need a good word of advice From you smart ones out there... also, if I do decide on BB key 2 ; will it be okay to have over the next 2-4 years at least software wise etc.. any advice would be very truly and thankfully accepted- thank you !
    12-18-19 02:58 PM
    Any app you can install on S9 you can also install on Key2 - both devices are Android.
    However, Key2 is still on Android 8.1 and S9 on a lot newer version. Unless being a fan of super enhanced security and physical keyboard, go with S9
    momsthename likes this.
    12-18-19 03:08 PM
    I am considering to buy either BB Key 2 or a Samsung S 9 - I have read a lot about each ( I have always been a fan of the Blackberry) otherwise I probably would have already bought the Samsung S 9, thus, still have yet to decide, I am aware that Instagram and Pintrest can not be installed effectively on the BB but not worried about that as I have the iPad for those: I am leaning more towards the bb Key 2 but this grandmother, lol probably need a good word of advice From you smart ones out there... also, if I do decide on BB key 2 ; will it be okay to have over the next 2-4 years at least software wise etc.. any advice would be very truly and thankfully accepted- thank you !
    Comes down to your love for a physical keyboard. The end.

You'd be giving up speed, a big screen, a nice camera, and a couple extra years of support - so you have to want it.
    ppeters914 and momsthename like this.
    12-18-19 03:09 PM
    S9 will get Android 10 soon and expect a security update until late 2021.

Key2 still stick on Oreo and likely to stay with it. Key2 will have only six months left for security update.
    Most importantly, the camera and screen on the S9 are way better than the Key2.

If you are not a physical keyboard fan, I would highly recommend S9.
    ppeters914 and momsthename like this.
    12-18-19 03:13 PM
    Very helpful feedback! I think me being a fan of the Blackberry (of previous makers) should I say? As my experience with a previous one (bb Classic) has definitely shown me regarding security; and signal strength in remote areas, that it is reliable plus you don’t get all those terrible pop up banners annoying you- if the bb phone could speak I am sure it would say “ Don’t mess with me!” Lol- I love the key board too but have no issues adapting either way. I am just wondering if bb today is just as reliable as when in the hands of original company. Again , thank you !
    12-19-19 02:53 AM
    Thank you for the feedback, most mobiles are speedy enough I think- not concern so much about screen size or camera lol , thank you ! I’ ll let everyone know what I decide ... if I forget , probably means I am tip tapping around on it or sliding about— let’s see!
    Last edited by momsthename; 12-19-19 at 03:34 AM.
    12-19-19 02:58 AM
    Thank you! Now you can see why I am stuck both have their good points but the fact that you raise the six month security update has really got me thinking, thank you!
    Note: Opps had to edit as I put I emoticon and it was considered spam- sorry!
    12-19-19 03:04 AM
    The KEY2 will also have much better battery life than the S9.

So if you want a device you don't have to charge up to get through the day, you'll be better off with the KEY2.

But like they said, you have to want the keyboard.

To me, it's worth it because I don't find the S9 to be that great of a phone anyways. It's basically an S8 with a relocated fingerprint sensor.
    momsthename likes this.
    12-19-19 09:27 AM
    S9 is rated 78 hours, and KEY² is rated 86 hours.
    John Albert likes this.
    12-19-19 09:48 AM
    You are right about the battery- forgot to add that- it is far better- I too like the keyboard but don’t have a problem but it is for sure part of its sleek look- when I inquired about the s 9 at the reputable Samsung store said all the stores aren’t selling it now as they are focusing on s 10 ( it is available elsewhere) but very wary of buying from non reputable stores . The Key2 is available at a reputable place so that is the latest so far.... thank you very much for the advice.
    12-19-19 09:52 AM
    I guess the S9 is very affordable today. I found on eBay and Amazon manufacturer refurbished like new units for around $300.

The Key2 with the discount code from GoTalk is still over $550.

This is in the USA, and I'm not sure about other regions.
    momsthename likes this.
    12-19-19 09:58 AM

So if you want a device you don't have to charge up to get through the day, you'll be better off with the KEY2.

But like they said, you have to want the keyboard.

To me, it's worth it because I don't find the S9 to be that great of a phone anyways. It's basically an S8 with a relocated fingerprint sensor.
    It might not get the two days that a KEY2 could get, but I suspect for the average user an S9 is just fine. In testing the KEY2 has a GSMARENA 86h endurance rating, the S9 is 78h. Not that much of a difference.

While the KEY2 has a bigger battery and smaller display, the S9 has a more efficient processor and amoled display.

Unless you are playing games or watching videos all day... shouldn't be an issue for either phone. But then if you are playing game s or watching videos all day, the S9 is the better option.
    momsthename likes this.
    12-19-19 09:59 AM
    Lol no, the KEY2 will crush an S9 in battery life, period.

At this point I'd go for a used S10e instead of an S9, you'll get the same display size in a smaller package.

S10e's in great condition can be found in the ~$300 range.

Stick to a snapdragon variant though, they will get better battery life
    momsthename likes this.
    12-20-19 11:29 AM
    Lol no, the KEY2 will crush an S9 in battery life, period.
    An extra 10%, as per documented tests, is good, but I wouldn't exactly describe it as crushing.
    12-20-19 11:41 AM
    An extra 10%, as per documented tests, is good, but I wouldn't exactly describe it as crushing.
    The battery life helps offset the preview app situation.
    12-20-19 11:47 AM
    The battery life helps offset the preview app situation.
    Nah. TCL and BlackBerry will both be brought down because of that.
    12-20-19 11:49 AM
    I don't think those translate to the real world.

The device with the 5.8" AMOLED and a 3000mAh will lose to the one with a 4.5" LCD and 3500mAh by more than 10%
    12-20-19 12:05 PM
    I don't think those translate to the real world.

The device with the 5.8" AMOLED and a 3000mAh will lose to the one with a 4.5" LCD and 3500mAh by more than 10%
    That IS a real world test.

https://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
    John Albert likes this.
    12-20-19 12:06 PM
    I don't buy it
    12-20-19 12:11 PM
    I don't buy it
    Well GSMArena is the most reliable mobile site ever.
    It is arguably the benchmark and the main reference for all other tech mainstream media.
    12-20-19 12:30 PM
    Well GSMArena is the most reliable mobile site ever.
    It is arguably the benchmark and the main reference for all other tech mainstream media.
    If I can get my hands on an S9, I'll do a battery drain test comparison like they do on those YouTube videos.
    12-20-19 02:40 PM
    I have had the Key2 for a year now, and its been great. Still working at optimal speed. Battery life has shortened a bit but still pretty good with normal use. ppl always compliment my photos and the phone is fast enough.
    momsthename likes this.
    12-23-19 07:26 AM
    Helloooo everyone! I see an interesting discussion going on here so of course I am catching up with them- thank you all - love hearing, or rather I should say, reading each and everyone opinions based on their experiences Ahh! Guess you all want to know what I decided - there is a kind of twist to this lol ( will get to it shortly).

I DID decide on a Blackberry Key Two and was sure about it— even gave my son the money I had saved up ( usually my “ me” money goes on stuff in my home on buying gifts etc for family- but this time around I decided to buy something for myself) thus, Key Two..... now for the unexpected twist... my son returns the money and says “ What if I give you my KeyOne ( brand new) since I can’t carry a back up now as have my work phone to carry as well-?” so; I offered to pay for it but he refused, God bless him! Thus , BlackBerry DID win this one! I won too! It’s a sleek style too!

Today, eagerly waiting to spend more time exploring it: so far so good ( stuck on the transfer stuff now) lol

I have learnt a few main differences ( briefly) between BB keyone and BB Key2 for those interested:

1. Keys on key 2 are bigger and the there is more space below the space bar for avoiding accidental touching of the space bar when holding.

2. Ram is larger on Key Two

3. The Key 2 phone is slightly lighter

Forgot the others lol but not huge differences either way, and to be honest I like the look of the Key One.

Will let you all know how it is after a while of using it! Right now; just enjoying the discovery stage hehe*
    12-24-19 04:26 AM
    Injoy your Keyone, I have the BE with a little Bit more ram and rom. I like the typing on the Keyone more than on my key2, the keyboard of the key2 is more soften and I hit the spacebar more accidentally than on my Keyone.
    momsthename likes this.
    12-24-19 05:19 AM
    Thank you ! Good to know the keyboard doesn’t make much difference then ! Learning a lot so far as to getting familiarize with the phone before organizing Contacts, calendars, alarms, etc. etc. which I use all the time.
    12-24-19 05:58 AM