Hey Bla1ze and the wonderful Crackberry-Community,

i got a problem with my Key 2 LE. It worked for about 7 months an now this:

Since a week the screen had problems to stay powered on when the phone is not plugged in to a charger.
    At battery level >85% it flickers, but is still somewhat useable.
    At battery level <85% it flickers more and additionally when under load or when i touch the screen.
    At battery level ~50% it is completely unusable and the screen is off 98% of the time. I can still observate that the background light of the screen is getting switched on and off but nothing more.

When i plug the phone into a charger the screen is instantly working perfectly.

What is also very strange: When i switch on the phone the blackberry logo NEVER flickers. The flickering starts only when Android is getting loaded and after that.

What i have tried so far:

Hard-Reset of the device.

Double Tap to Wake, Adaptive Brightness & Privacy Shade are switched to off.

I am using another Launcher than Blackberry Launcher.

Brightness is on lowest level but it gets worse on high brightness.

Turning Night Mode on/off makes no difference.

I have no problem on switching apps or at the notification dropdown, i mean the problem is there but it gets triggered because i touch the screen.

I couldn't clear the device cache, because there is no such option, but i already did a reset of the device, which should do the same thing.

I bought this device used, so i can't count on warranty.

I just wanted to know what the cause could be.

The battery, screen or the main board? I got some technical skills but i need to know what to replace.

Is a reflash through an autoloader worth a try?

Many thank to all.
    10-01-19 11:14 AM
    Hey Bla1ze and the wonderful Crackberry-Community,

i got a problem with my Key 2 LE. It worked for about 7 months an now this:

Since a week the screen had problems to stay powered on when the phone is not plugged in to a charger.
    At battery level >85% it flickers, but is still somewhat useable.
    At battery level <85% it flickers more and additionally when under load or when i touch the screen.
    At battery level ~50% it is completely unusable and the screen is off 98% of the time. I can still observate that the background light of the screen is getting switched on and off but nothing more.

When i plug the phone into a charger the screen is instantly working perfectly.

What is also very strange: When i switch on the phone the blackberry logo NEVER flickers. The flickering starts only when Android is getting loaded and after that.

What i have tried so far:

Hard-Reset of the device.

Double Tap to Wake, Adaptive Brightness & Privacy Shade are switched to off.

I am using another Launcher than Blackberry Launcher.

Brightness is on lowest level but it gets worse on high brightness.

Turning Night Mode on/off makes no difference.

I have no problem on switching apps or at the notification dropdown, i mean the problem is there but it gets triggered because i touch the screen.

I couldn't clear the device cache, because there is no such option, but i already did a reset of the device, which should do the same thing.

I bought this device used, so i can't count on warranty.

I just wanted to know what the cause could be.

The battery, screen or the main board? I got some technical skills but i need to know what to replace.

Many thank to all.
    Seems like a hardware issue to me.
    10-01-19 11:34 AM
    You can try, but as @conite said, it's most likely hardware.
    10-01-19 11:35 AM
    And there is no way to pinpoint this kind of defect to a specific component?
    10-01-19 11:56 AM
    And there is no way to pinpoint this kind of defect to a specific component?
    Anywhere between battery and screen.
    10-01-19 12:46 PM
    Ok, i'll start with the battery then. No one is selling a 2 LE Battery. After opening the device and finding the correct part number (TLp029C1), i discovered that this is the same battery as in these devices: - ALCATEL A30 Fierce, A30 Fierce LTE, A30 Plus, A30 Plus LTE, OT-5049S, OT-5049W, OT-5049Z; T-MOBILE OT-5049W, Revvl - and will fit. Ordered one. Will report. I know it is possibly not the battery causing the flickering but i want to getting fit in repairing especially the Key 2 & LE anyway and this is good start.
    10-01-19 03:24 PM